Trade Deadline scuttle and chatter

Forge

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

Don't think he's going anywhere. Think they are going to keep him and tag him

That wouldn’t be a bad move on their part tbh.

Everyone wants to see Bosa and Young together though. Right? I think I would lol. 

20 hours ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

Man, Laken Tomlinson was pretty good.  I feel like linemen require development from college, and they take a few weeks to gel with the guys around them.

I do not dispute we need more talent on the offensive line, I am just not sure if adding a more talented player at center or RG would help the unit.  

You could make a case that adding a tackle could help.

Ugh, I hate to suggest this, but he would make our team better.......Mike McGlinchy.

Tomlinson trade didn't happen at the deadline though. Happened before the season. 

5 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I wouldn't be shocked if the 49ers are in on Montez lol 

I don't think they should be offering a second as a rental and I'm not sure that they can afford him on an extension. He shouldn't be getting less than Gary just got

Johnson/Ward/Lenoir would absolutely upgrade the secondary. Johnson won't come cheap though. But there's some smoke there apparently. 

Wish we would have just traded for Gilmore in the offseason. That would have set this secondary and it wouldn't have cost much either. 

Kinda sad its this way, but we suck at drafting in the first 3 rounds so I'm not sweating giving up a 2nd or 3rd for a difference maker. We get most of our talent in the late rounds/UDFA, FA & trades anyway. I like Jaylon Johnson. He's 24 and ascending & will likely represent better value than that being spent in the draft anyway. 

So if we traded for Johnson, our top 3 would be Ward, Johnson & Lenoir with 2 of Thomas/Brown/Oliver backing him up? Assuming one of them gets cut if we bring in Johnson. And Luter/Womack in the wings on IR/PUP respectively? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Seattle is going for it, respect. 

Great haul indeed for the Giants.

Your move, Lynch....

If the price is a second and fifth for that level of rental, I'm happy sitting right or scraping the bottom of the barrel