The Michigan/Sign Stealing & COVID Punishment Thread

BobbyPhil1781

2 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

Dude I already addressed this and that has nothing to with the “source” conversation we were having was about a lawyer on mgoblog 

I posted Dave’s tweet because it involves the topic and is interesting. I didn’t talk about it or say it was true. If you had read further you have seen that I claimed he is in fact not a great source.  

So yes, try again 

You've been talking for a while about how Ohio State are cheaters too so I think you can understand why someone would see the tweet that you posted about that topic and think that you believed it. Honestly not sure what the point of posting it would be if you didn't think it had merit, it would only serve to weaken your position.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, rackcs said:

You've been talking for a while about how Ohio State are cheaters too so I think you can understand why someone would see the tweet that you posted about that topic and think that you believed it. Honestly not sure what the point of posting it would be if you didn't think it had merit, it would only serve to weaken your position.

24 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

“I’m just asking questions” is always a good way to start any conversation 

So you guys believe every tweet/social media post Pete Thamel article ect ect . Every link you’ve posted you posted it because you 100% believed it to be factually true with zero doubt?  

Youve literally referenced rumors that have no basis as if there facts. I post a guys tweet, admit he’s not a great source but would be very interesting if true

Edited by BigC421/

48 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I actually kind of agree with your merit of position argument the more I think about it. Could have kept it to myself but let’s be honest I’m not changing anyones mind in this group of special individuals. You guys don’t even take me seriously.  So I thought it was interesting and worth sharing in the moment 

Edited by BigC421/

Day said he or anyone from OSU didn’t give signals to Purdue before the BiG championship game. Compliance looked into this also. Not that it would be a scandal necessarily after what would have led to that anyways. 
Sounds like more egregious lies and attempts to deflect by Michigan and their beat. Shame others are catching strays. Michigan sneezes and everyone catches a cold. First it was hacking and private investigator lies and now this.

Edited by NateDawg

41 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Day said he or anyone from OSU didn’t give signals to Purdue before the BiG championship game. Compliance looked into this also. Not that it would be a scandal necessarily after what would have led to that anyways. 
Sounds like more egregious lies and attempts to deflect by Michigan and their beat. Shame others are catching strays. Michigan sneezes and everyone catches a cold. First it was hacking and private investigator lies and now this.

Ryan Day says is not any more credible than Jim Harbaugh says. We don’t know either way. It’s funny how you just act as if it’s “case closed “ Ryan day denied it.  All of our bias shows at least I admit mine. 

51 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Well sounds like Big Ten plans to come down with their own punishment so the playoff committee could use that against them. At least someone is thinking about stepping up to plate here 

What is it you think they are going to do?  Michigan is going to go for an immediate injunction and likely get it.  As far as anyone knows he hasn’t gotten a vote from the presidents so he can’t do anything beyond a 2 game suspension including trying a post season ban. Rumors are he’s waffling now that the media storm isn’t so one sided. He’s getting advised to take a step back and let due process take it’s course 

So edit for that last part does sound like he’s going for a long suspension of Harbaugh.  Everything I’ve herd post season ban isn’t even on the table and no one is asking for. This isn’t about damaging the kids on the team. People hate Harbaugh and want blood.  Michigan will file an injunction and likely get, for how long who knows.  This is going to be an ugly legal battle.  

edit again. Going for long suspension seems unsubstantiated .  Who knows what to believe we’ll just have to wait and see

Edited by BigC421/

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

“I’m just asking questions” is always a good way to start any conversation 

I like the flip-flopping utility of anonymous sources depending on their perspective, along with the classic "I'm not saying it's true or that it's a great source, but woopsie, I posted it anyways since it supports my team *bashful smiley*"

• Like 4

NGL I just had to google who Pete Thamel was since one person apparently loves to bring them up every time.

If you are curious like me, here's a quick link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Thamel

Victor Pete Thamel is an American sports reporter for ESPN. He previously worked for Yahoo Sports, Sports Illustrated, and The New York Times. Wikipedia

• Like 1

https://sports.yahoo.com/michigan-objects-to-premature-big-ten-discipline-on-sign-stealing-scandal-says-itd-exceed-commissioners-authority-010834892.html

Covers everything. Michigan’s official response to the Big10 and there defense as well as what evidence the big10 presented to Michigan to base its punishment.  I suggest everyone take a read.  Big10 has been bluffing they’ve got nothing.  All these videos of people recording from Stallions seats don’t appear to actually exist.  They. Got. Nothing 

skip to the 5:00 minute mark for the ncaa hypocrisy 

Still nothing would surprise at the

point 

Go Blue

Edited by BigC421/

4 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Yeah I saw the leak of the UM response earlier. 

Weird - the one thing lacking in it was “We did nothing wrong.”

When you have an air tight legal defense you don’t need to say more than what is necessary. 

You’ve got nothing

Your overreaching on your authority

The rules are in our favor (I’m very glad they used this defense as it had been rumored they weren’t ie in person scouting is only against the rules for coaching staff/assistants) 

Your attempting to stretch the use of by laws beyond there meaning, original intent and In a vastly and dramatically unprecedented fashion. ( they really blow the idea of using the sportsmanship bylaw out of the water). 

They pretty much are saying we did nothing wrong