The Michigan/Sign Stealing & COVID Punishment Thread

BobbyPhil1781

9 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

If they're going to supply a "response" (I read that as punishment so maybe I'm off base here) today, and not Sunday or Monday, nothing is happening from the B1G. Just going to be a slap on the wrist and they'll wait for the NCAA to do their work.

I truly never expected anything to get done this year anyway. There is so much to do and uncover that it doesn't seem feasible to have an immediate response. By the time we get one, Michigan will have possibly already won the NC and Harbaugh will be back in the NFL. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I truly never expected anything to get done this year anyway. There is so much to do and uncover that it doesn't seem feasible to have an immediate response. By the time we get one, Michigan will have possibly already won the NC and Harbaugh will be back in the NFL. 

Agreed. I only thought they might act more quickly bc the integrity of the game is in question and has been tarnished based on what evidence we have. 

It’s irritating Michigan has even put the Big Ten Conference/other teams in this position that the integrity of competition/past games is in question. Whatever the result is issued, it’s a situation that just pisses you off. Long-term obviously this is going to be an NCAA issue that isn’t going to be pretty. In the short term, they have just put the conference in a no-win situation.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

It’s irritating Michigan has even put the Big Ten Conference/other teams in this position that the integrity of competition/past games is in question. Whatever the result is issued, it’s a situation that just pisses you off. Long-term obviously this is going to be an NCAA issue that isn’t going to be pretty. In the short term, they have just put the conference in a no-win situation.

Agreed as well.

I have to think that maybe we don't know the full extent of the information and evidence that currently exists and maybe that will be enough for them to do something in the short term. Not really sure what a slap on the wrist does for breaking the rules to gain a competitive advantage. If that's all you get, you set the precedent to allow other teams to do the same and can't really punish them any differently.

Sounds like there’s still evidence out there that UM accessed OSU practice footage. 

This whole thing is nuts. You hope some of this stuff isn’t true because it compromises obviously this year but clearly the past couple. If it is thought you have to absolutely drop the hammer. 

49 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Sounds like there’s still evidence out there that UM accessed OSU practice footage. 

This whole thing is nuts. You hope some of this stuff isn’t true because it compromises obviously this year but clearly the past couple. If it is thought you have to absolutely drop the hammer. 

If they really did illegally access OSU computers to get that info, death penalty. There should be no questions about this if this is true.

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I agree with the frustration but think you've got it backwards.

It's irritating that CFB has no discernible hierarchy for discipline, so that any time a program does something wrong it becomes a fan-lead exercise in PR management rather than an organizational-lead enforcement of established rules/disciplinary procedures.

It turned out to be Michigan now, but someone was always going to break the rules in an impactful way eventually. Leagues have to be prepared for that.

(There's a personal leadership side to this too. The NBA didn't have a perfect policy in place for Donald Sterling, but they did have a commissioner who was capable of reading the room, so he made the decision to ban the guy in less than a week.)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

If they really did illegally access OSU computers to get that info, death penalty. There should be no questions about this if this is true.

I don’t know what the death penalty really even means any more but if true I completely agree that very serious multiple season penalties need to be thrown down.  

This has been a strange internet rumor however that only seems to be msg board fan boy fodder and both sides seem to claim the other has there practice video.  If true whichever side is guilty should feel some pain.  I have trouble believing either side has evidence on this one however it seems more like fan fiction. It would have come out by now. 

27 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

"Sleeping giant" is certainly one way to excuse Michigan being irrelevant for decades until suddenly discovering the elixir of knowledge under Harbaugh's tenure right when he was on the hot seat.

It's just a funny coincidence even w/ all the evidence that exists. We've been told there's no competitive advantage regardless of the videos that suggests otherwise.

Edited by BobbyPhil1781