The Michigan/Sign Stealing & COVID Punishment Thread

BobbyPhil1781

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

They aren’t leaving the conference and walking away from millions in TV revenue and if they do then nobody else will take a team who cheats their against own conference opponents. Enjoy draconian penalties Michigan.

I don't think Michigan leaves, but they're by far the #1 school in the conference in terms of revenue. If Michigan left it would be a disaster for the B1G. Michigan would be fine. They wouldn't even need to join a conference.

Edited by nagahide13

17 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Where the hell did you get that idea? You can't use any enhanced measures like video or binoculars. You can't have someone from the team in the outfield relaying signs. But a guy on 2nd base absolutely can, and you can absolutely try to decode the 3rd base coaches signals to know if they have a play on.

I stand corrected and plead ignorance. Don’t follow baseball that close more of “just a tigers fan”  Played football and basketball 

11 minutes ago, malibuspeedrace said:

With who?

Aren’t you adorable , making me blush

2 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

I don't think Michigan leaves, but they're by far the #1 school in the conference in terms of revenue. If Michigan left it would be a disaster for the B1G. Michigan would be fine. They wouldn't even need to join a conference.

True. They could do a deal with acc or big12 like ND has and just sell there tv rights to highest bidder or even start there own streaming network.  They could even do a deal to play ND every year as a 13th game during the weekend of conference championship games.  

Not that think it will happen but be sweet. F the big ten. Tradition is already been thrown out in CF

7 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I played pretty competitive baseball for a long time and stealing signs from second base was one of my favorite things to do. Only bad part is when the opposing team got wind of it a few times and needless to say our guys would get backed off the plate a little bit. All part of the game in this situation. 

If the catcher was dumb enough not to have multiple signs and change them up after each inning then that’s on him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

https://www.si.com/fannation/college/cfb-hq/ncaa-football-rankings/college-football-sports-rankings-by-revenue-2022-ohio-state-texas#:~:text=Ranking college sports programs by,the way - College Football HQ

Maybe there’s a metric I’m missing here since the 2023 data isn’t published yet.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Yours is probably correct. I was going by a site I don't like the look of at 2nd glance.

https://www.collegeraptor.com/college-rankings/details/TopRevenue/Conference/Big-Ten-Conference/

8 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

Both parties would be worse off, and everyone knows that so Michigan isn't going to be taken seriously if they threaten it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

Yours is probably correct. I was going by a site I don't like the look of at 2nd glance.

https://www.collegeraptor.com/college-rankings/details/TopRevenue/Conference/Big-Ten-Conference/

I don’t know how all of that works or how other things like alumni donations or secondary contracts for apparel and all that factors in either.

I also don’t know how terminating a contract would work with the B1G or buying into another conference works, but I do know that’s a lot of money to leave on the table from a revenue sharing standpoint and big tv money deals in light of where things stand after this past year or so, not even factoring in the new expansion.

Just now, MWil23 said:

I don’t know how all of that works or how other things like alumni donations or secondary contracts for apparel and all that factors in either.

I also don’t know how terminating a contract would work with the B1G or buying into another conference works, but I do know that’s a lot of money to leave on the table from a revenue sharing standpoint and big tv money deals in light of where things stand after this past year or so, not even factoring in the new expansion.

Leaving a conference over a university going to bat for a staff of systemized cheaters would be an all time small brain move.

• Like 2