The Michigan/Sign Stealing & COVID Punishment Thread

BobbyPhil1781

5 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I think that's just a Michigan fan looking for anything they can.

Yeah, we're guilty but punish us on a Tuesday not a Thursday, that is sleazy.

No one else sees it that way. There is a chance this season won't matter to the program anyway. They probably should have shut down the program until everything that needed fixed is fixed. Removal of staff, reprogramming of everyone else that partook. I imagine players were memorizing what was brought to them throughout the week and it was a part of their weekly meetings and game planning. That has to get removed from the day to day operation.

Saying the Big10 or NCAAF or whoever is sleazy while you look like Danny McGrath just comes off as weird.

df61c8c77c7434f811b7a4eb8c0ec4b9_large.j

So now I'm being attacked despite fact I have been against UM this entire time. This is hilarious. 

31 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:
37 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I think that's just a Michigan fan looking for anything they can.

Yeah, we're guilty but punish us on a Tuesday not a Thursday, that is sleazy.

No one else sees it that way. There is a chance this season won't matter to the program anyway. They probably should have shut down the program until everything that needed fixed is fixed. Removal of staff, reprogramming of everyone else that partook. I imagine players were memorizing what was brought to them throughout the week and it was a part of their weekly meetings and game planning. That has to get removed from the day to day operation.

Saying the Big10 or NCAAF or whoever is sleazy while you look like Danny McGrath just comes off as weird.

df61c8c77c7434f811b7a4eb8c0ec4b9_large.j

So now I'm being attacked despite fact I have been against UM this entire time. This is hilarious. 

Attacked in what way? "You look like Danny McGrath" refers to UM. They look sleazy. Not only the acts but their reaction to being caught in the act.

Fans defending UM or passing blame or diverting attention by pointing elsewhere is to be expected. It would be that way with the majority of fans from any fan base.

12 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Attacked in what way? "You look like Danny McGrath" refers to UM. They look sleazy. Not only the acts but their reaction to being caught in the act.

Fans defending UM or passing blame or diverting attention by pointing elsewhere is to be expected. It would be that way with the majority of fans from any fan base.

I haven't defended them. Not at all. So do some light reading in here before you suggest otherwise

1 minute ago, detfan782004 said:

I haven't defended them. Not at all. So do some light reading in here before you suggest otherwise

You are diverting. Attacking the B1G, who I don't think were harsh at all in any way. I'd lean towards being soft. Again, it's to be expected.

You said they should have acted sooner or later but not when they did. That's a bit odd. No one wants to be the bad guys but sometimes you just have to accept it. I have with the Cleveland Browns. We're gross and sleazy.

5 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

You are diverting. Attacking the B1G, who I don't think were harsh at all in any way. I'd lean towards being soft. Again, it's to be expected.

You said they should have acted sooner or later but not when they did. That's a bit odd. No one wants to be the bad guys but sometimes you just have to accept it. I have with the Cleveland Browns. We're gross and sleazy.

It's about integrity and Big Ten didn't act within their own set of guidelines. Essentially making contract with UM voidable with some legal fights.

Commissioner blew his first big test. 

Inattacked Michigan too so like I said go do some light reading in this thread. 

Not diverting a single bit. Michigan screwed up and so did the Big Ten 

34 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

It's about integrity and Big Ten didn't act within their own set of guidelines. Essentially making contract with UM voidable with some legal fights.

Commissioner blew his first big test. 

Inattacked Michigan too so like I said go do some light reading in this thread. 

Not diverting a single bit. Michigan screwed up and so did the Big Ten 

Maybe the Big Ten screwed up, doesn't seem like it to me but I guess it's subjective. Michigan cheated, that isn't screwing up that is intentionally altering football games. So even if both "screwed up" it's such an entirely different scale that it doesn't seem worth mentioning unless you are trying to divert from the topic at hand. Maybe you aren't, but it comes off that way to me.

36 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Maybe the Big Ten screwed up, doesn't seem like it to me but I guess it's subjective. Michigan cheated, that isn't screwing up that is intentionally altering football games. So even if both "screwed up" it's such an entirely different scale that it doesn't seem worth mentioning unless you are trying to divert from the topic at hand. Maybe you aren't, but it comes off that way to me.

That's what rubbed me the wrong way about their fill in coach today. They got caught breaking NCAA rules--for like the 3rd time in as many years--Michigan doesn't get to decide their punishment or when it's administered. Like this isnt their decision. Trying to control when, where and how the punishment happens for committing the violation seems very entitled and goes back to them trying to flex their brand on the NCAA 

Hearing statements from the University, coaches in interviews, players on social media, ect the past few days all screams to me like UM not only feels entitled but they are also playing the victim card. 

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

That is why I said go read my stance. I said they need withheld from playoffs so other teams and coaches can play. 

i just want things done right and proper. 

The Big Ten in their statement about player safety exposed themself to potential lawsuits from athletes as well. 

Not just saying Big Ten messed up with Michigan. They messed up with the entire process and how they have now exposed themselves 

26 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

That is why I said go read my stance. I said they need withheld from playoffs so other teams and coaches can play. 

i just want things done right and proper. 

The Big Ten in their statement about player safety exposed themself to potential lawsuits from athletes as well. 

Not just saying Big Ten messed up with Michigan. They messed up with the entire process and how they have now exposed themselves 

The Big Ten can't withhold anyone from the playoffs.

They can just try to uphold the integrity of the Big Ten. Which is what it looks like they are trying to accomplish.

Everyone knows there is a risk of player safety every time you walk on the field. No one is required to play. I don't think this opened Pandora's box in any way.

The only way to please everyone is for everyone to follow the rules.