The Michigan/Sign Stealing & COVID Punishment Thread

BobbyPhil1781

I mean just look at what Partridge did turning around Paramus.  Not even top 100 in their state to top 4 in the Nation.  Something north of 25 Division 1 players at that HS in his short time.  

Im sure his connections started back then in recruiting those kids and getting to know a lot of people tied to money.

That is one of the fastest and most significant turn arounds in HS football. 

I mean this clown had a job lined up at Rutgers and handled things bad so they withdrew.  He had recruiting ethics questioned at Paramus.

When Paramus payed Michigan something like 10K to play at the Big House to sorta circumvent some rules to talking to players that was a bad look.

Everywhere he does he pushes the boundaries and I am not shocked it was him involved in this mess.  Not saying HC had no knowledge.  Just not shocked the black cloud is over him.

16 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

The booster was Tim Smith according to Mgo.  Mr. T sounds better. 

A burger and a booster bring down Michigan....its a great SNL skit because its so dumb that it is pure comedy.

Nothing has brought down Michigan…..yet.  A bit embarrassing, looking foolish, reputation tarnished, yeah of course.  There will not likely be any further punishment this season. Michigan’s fate is still in there hands going forward. The games will still be settled on the field not the PR department.  This is still all a big show at the end of day and it makes for a great movie and Michigan did a terrible job handling it all.  It’s still a minor rules violation, the advantage gained was nil and was no worse than other teams sharing stolen signs with one another. It’s all the same ones just a crazier story. I didn’t like the way Michigan went about there defense, personally I don’t really care if Harbaugh masterminded the entire thing.  Michigan is still loaded next season.  

detfan I find it funny that u claim to be a Michigan fan but don’t want to see them win because they cheated.  Do you in all honesty not believe that OSU cheats? Bama? Georgia ?  Someone who “cheats” ie has broken rules is going to win the natty and had won every natty for the past 20 some years. So you will be disappointed again this year regardless.  This isn’t defection. It isn’t even an insult. It’s a fact of the state of major college football. Most fan basis won’t even deny or feel any shame of it. It’s keeping up with the Jones and wanting to win. 

The million dollar question of course is what does the ncaa do next year? How long will there investigation take.  It’s impossible to predict given what the ncaa has become , I don’t know most people are aware but the ncaa isn’t this big corporate esq organization it used to be. It’s been largely dismantled and now gets broken up into temporary enforcement and investigation.   boards that are mostly volunteers.  If you look at who a lot of these volunteers are there is conflict of interest all over the place and I’m not referencing this UM situation it’s a general statement.  The ncaa has acted very strange and unpredictable in this case mainly violating its own by laws over and over again like it just can’t help itself. It’s done this both in instances that have helped and hurt UM.  

Giving the conference, UM and public all this intel and ab ongoing investigation is unprecedented and against there own by laws.  They released a public statement on cheeseburger gate just because everyone was making fun of them.  They’ve publicly absolved Harbaugh and Day, they’ve given up Patridge. Non of this is aloud.  It’s perplexing to figure out there motives.  I’m not saying this is true and probably just me hoping but it’s almost like they want this wrapped up and resolved by Michigan and the big10 so they can be done with it.  They could also be preparing the hammer but that doesn’t really fall in line with there actions 

Then we have everyone new favorite rule . The HC is responsible for all.  This rule is new and no one knows how it will be used.   They could say Harbaugh missed half of the games last season and we are happy. They could go nuclear still. What if he’s gone however is the ultimate question with this new rule? It seems part of this rule is force schools hands to get rid of coaches that run dirty programs.  So if Harbaugh is the university, is the program and he’s off to the nfl it could very well be case closed.  There’s also been a lot of sentiment publicly about not punishing players/ teams for coaches actions and many believe ( nationally and before this saga even broke ) that post season bans have gone the way of the dodo and coach suspensions and fines are the new go to. But I have no idea how this will all play out im just trying to piece together the puzzle.  

The real question is how many itchy fingers are out there? Of course no one will respond to this but 4 real how hard has it been all day not to call me out for not posting? Just to have to admit you didn’t block me lol 

Go Blue Beat Ohio 

15 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I love the fact that even in bios that don't matter they have to lie. "His first words were go blue". That's crazy my first words were "a head coach has never won a Natty wearing a visor".

Ive seen you post this visor thing a lot. What’s the inside joke im just curious 

Edited by BigC421/

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38922324/new-ncaa-evidence-changed-michigan-stance-investigation

Michigan's sudden change in how it was approaching the Big Ten's ongoing suspension of football coach Jim Harbaugh in the past several days coincided with two new significant developments in the NCAA's ongoing investigation into the Wolverines' alleged cheating scheme, according to sources familiar with the situation.

Harbaugh and the university were preparing earlier this week to challenge the Big Ten's right to suspend the coach via a restraining order and civil lawsuit filed in state court. On Thursday, the school's lawsuit was voluntarily dismissed with prejudice -- meaning it cannot be reintroduced in the future. On Friday, Michigan fired linebackers coach Chris Partridge.

Multiple sources told ESPN the NCAA informed Michigan this week that it had obtained evidence suggesting that a university booster helped fund the impermissible sign-stealing operation run by former staff member Connor Stalions. Michigan also received evidence that suggested Partridge was tampering with the ongoing investigation.