The Trade Deadline Thread: Both Commanders and NFL

MikeT14

Just now, offbyone said:

If someone offers a 2nd for either Sweat or Young you have to take it.  You consider a 3rd.  Young had another game he wasn't here.

If someone offered us a 2nd for Chase Young I would turn them down. For Sweat? I'd probably take it just because I don't know if its possible to retain all of these guys. Then I'd franchise tag Young in the offseason. Trading Sweat would also let us give KJ Henry and Andre Jones some snaps. 

• Like 1

I know they said they won’t entertain calls on Jonathan Allen, but…

While I love the guy, I’d be looking at possible trades for him. He’s 29 in December, and there are two more (expensive) years on his contract. Are we going to be genuinely contending during most/all of that time? I don’t think we will. 

It’s just a little hard for me to digest the idea of letting a 24-year-old DE walk because we already have a ton of money tied up in a 29-year-old DT. 

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 3

Just now, MKnight82 said:

If someone offered us a 2nd for Chase Young I would turn them down. For Sweat? I'd probably take it just because I don't know if its possible to retain all of these guys. Then I'd franchise tag Young in the offseason. Trading Sweat would also let us give KJ Henry and Andre Jones some snaps. 

Chase is a liability in the run game. There is so much evidence on tape this season supporting it, it's not even up for debate. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

I know they said they won’t entertain calls on Jonathan Allen, but…

While I love the guy, I’d be looking at possible trades for him. He’s 29 in December, and there are two more (expensive) years on his contract. Are we going to be genuinely contending during most/all of that time? I don’t think we will. 

I agree with this. Would probably net the biggest return from anyone on the line as well. 

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

Chase is a liability in the run game. There is so much evidence on tape this season supporting it, it's not even up for debate. 

I'm not going to argue that but he's also a big name who causes pressure. That has value. I wouldn't trade him for anything less than a first round pick. 

• Like 2

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

That has never, ever been my evaluation of his run defense. I haven’t been paying attention to him this year so far, but he’s always been a good run defender. It’s actually been the biggest downside with both he and Sweat in my view — better against the run than rushing the passer.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

I'm not going to argue that but he's also a big name who causes pressure. That has value. I wouldn't trade him for anything less than a first round pick. 

I agree with you on the value, but im not sure what his "true value" is. If someone wants him bad enough they may pay more, but we don't benefit this team keeping two players that will.most likely leave in FA this offseason.

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

That has never, ever been my evaluation of his run defense. I haven’t been paying attention to him this year so far, but he’s always been a good run defender. It’s actually been the biggest downside with both he and Sweat in my view — better against the run than rushing the passer.

Watch the tape. Loses outside leverage, doesn't beat his blocks, will get washed out by bad offensive lineman, takes bad angles. Teams run to his side for a reason. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I think we would be lucky to get a 3rd.  A second is a dream.   

If we keep him, the likely long term outcome is just not pretty.  We will tag him.  He will, like usual, not show up to OTAs despite new coaches and new system.  So he will be starting the season behind on learning scheme.  We will be lucky if he is healthy.  Then the following year will be a crapshoot if we can keep him.  The only way we sign him is a mega contract and he might not want to be here anyways.  

25 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Watch the tape. Loses outside leverage, doesn't beat his blocks, will get washed out by bad offensive lineman, takes bad angles. Teams run to his side for a reason. 

Mark Bullock did film on this and he basically said this isn’t true. Not calling you a liar but Bullock is pretty damn good with film review. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Well it appears Sweat is gone. Matt Lombardo reporting a team is currently negotiating a new contract with his representation and expects it done soon. 

I hope it's for decent value. If it's below a 3rd I'd be pretty disappointed. A player for player trade could also peak my interest as that isn't an unknown return value (draft pick).