2024 Draft Debate and Discussion

Epyon

12 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

A lot of people saying Waldron will want at least one big body receiver in this draft...closest thing we can get to that DK Metcalf skill set is Xavier Legette...6-3" 227lbs & expected to run in the low 4.4s...has a ton of straight line speed and power...as you would expect not a agile as some but nor is DK...

Moore as a #1...Legette as a #2 & say Gabe Davis as a take the top off deep threat #3 would be a nice group of receivers without having to invest a ton in as Davis won't get a massive deal and Legette should be there in the 2nd if we can either get one through Fields or by trading back from #9

He's absurdly talented. I can't think of a prospect who draws comparisons ranging from DK Metcalf to Deebo Samuel. He's a huge, linear athlete who also runs after the catch and returns kicks.

I think you draft him after securing a veteran slot WR. Legette is still pretty raw. You want him easing into an NFL offense as your deep shot and gadget play guy.

Ironically his college OC was Dowell Loggains.

12 hours ago, Epyon said:

Legette is tough to scout.... He's older for a prospect, and had absolutely abysmal production any year before this most recent.  The physicality certainly shows up this year, but  I'd need to understand more about why the lightswitch suddenly "flicked on" for him as a player.  Where his coaches completely incompetent and just not using him?  Did he hit the most epic of growth spurts as a VERY LATE bloomer?  Did he juice harder than Oranges?  It just isn't adding up for me.  To channel Nagy, "you know, what are the WHYS?".

Few things:

• He delayed enrollment and sat around for awhile because USC oversigned
  • Injuries and COVID derailed his first few seasons
  • He worked on WR skills a lot more seriously this year

16 minutes ago, refundmytickets said:

Few things:

• He delayed enrollment and sat around for awhile because USC oversigned
  • Injuries and COVID derailed his first few seasons
  • He worked on WR skills a lot more seriously this year

I think the other thing is that South Carolina offence has been a mess for years...from terrible QB play before Rattler got there to bad coaching, play calling & identities...a ton of transfers out...just zero consistency 

Edited by Madmike90

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

Ah. So 'generational' is really like every 4-5 years. No wonder we hear it every year.

Yeah the poster added ‘generational.’

But the point stands.  They see Caleb and Drake as best prospects since TLaw.  

25 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Yeah the poster added ‘generational.’

But the point stands.  They see Caleb and Drake as best prospects since TLaw.  

Oh I wasn't saying anything about you, the 'generational' term just annoys me. It's a pet peeve. lol

I'm a big fan of Williams' game too. 

4 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Oh I wasn't saying anything about you, the 'generational' term just annoys me. It's a pet peeve. lol

I'm a big fan of Williams' game too. 

I agree.  Humbly suggest to your modship that we ban "generational" from the lexicon of the forum, sire. 

Generational can go **** itself along with "disrupt" "monetize" "influence" and "content" and a bunch of other words that get misused in annoying ways. 

Just now, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

I agree.  Humbly suggest to your modship that we ban "generational" from the lexicon of the forum, sire. 

Generational can go **** itself along with "disrupt" "monetize" "influence" and "content" and a bunch of other words that get misused in annoying ways. 

Me too lazy. I'll just tag you when I see the bad word. 

22 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Fraizer especially taller, bigger, longer than I thought he would be...excellent hand size.

He's just going to keep rising (because at that size teams will be more comfortable at Guard if needed), Wouldn't be shocked to see him High 2nd come Draft weekend