Montez Sweat Traded to Chicago for 2024 2nd

e16bball

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

That's about an entire round higher than I expected you guys to get. I would've only seen it being a second if it was like some team pretty likely to make the playoffs like Detroit or Baltimore.

Why? He's a good player at a premium position. 

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Why? He's a good player at a premium position. 

He's good, but he's going to want great money. That's the problem. If he was still on his rookie deal another year I definitely see ~pick 35 being a price I could expect.

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

Actually 35th.

I think Rap is actually wrong here and @ARTMONK HOF is correct. 

Chicago has the 3rd pick in the 1st round, which would (at first glance) equate to the 35th pick. But they are picking at the front of the “2-6” segment, which also includes NYG and NY, because they have the weakest SOS.

In subsequent rounds, that order “cycles,” so the Bears would move to the back of that segment in Round 2, and NYG and NE would each move up one. So I believe it would go NYG (35th), NE (36th), and WAS via CHI (37th) if the season ended at this very moment. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

He's good, but he's going to want great money. That's the problem. If he was still on his rookie deal another year I definitely see ~pick 35 being a price I could expect.

Dolphins gave a 1st and extension to Bradley Chubb and I'd argue Sweat has played better than him. Its a premium position teams are willing to pay for.

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

The important thing is that we now have another team to root against — and another reason to be furious about getting embarrassed on TNF.

The loss to the bears on that Thursday night game is the gift that keeps giving. Not only is it probably going to be the nail in the coffin that keeps us out of the playoffs but it also hurts our now acquired 2nd round pick. 

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Dolphins gave a 1st and extension to Bradley Chubb and I'd argue Sweat has played better than him. Its a premium position teams are willing to pay for.

I'm not saying the deal is outrageous, just more than I expected, or more than I'd personally be willing to give up as a GM. I expected the pick coming back for Sweat to be something in the range of.... 45-70 overall, maybe a 5th round pick or a future late rounder too.