Montez Sweat Traded to Chicago for 2024 2nd

e16bball

There’ll be a lot of time to reflect on all this, but while it’s sad to break up the “mega D-Line” dream, the truth is…it never really worked. Maybe in late 2020 we saw it come together for a few moments? But otherwise, it was generally just a *good* DL, not the sort of unit that was able to carry an entire team (or even an entire defense). 

I think there’s a very good chance we’ll see a 2nd day pick used on a souped-up JSW type to play on the defensive left and give a little more disciplined, gap-sound approach to the DL. 

• Like 1

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

The value has to exceed Sweats, Right?

If we get a 1st for Young, I'd take it. No matter what others here say, we are rebuilding. 

From the rumors from the beat writers floating around? No. Sweat was seen as more valuable. But... we'll find out if something happens. 

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

From the rumors from the beat writers floating around? No. Sweat was seen as more valuable. But... we'll find out if something happens. 

I'd tag Chase if they don't want to extend him. Then they can move assets next year if they still feel strongly.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I also think there's some contention between this regime and Chase. I don't think they get along very well.