HC McDaniels and GM Ziegler fired

NickButera

4 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Can’t believe he went out like that. What a little crybaby. All AP was doing was trying to defend him. 

Right! Dude went out in the worst way possible. Starting Hoyer, not scoring 20 pts, mentioning Patriots in the Raiders building

Was this dude a plant?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Idk man, the way some people defended McDaniels through thick and thin up until it became "cool" to want him gone, they deserve to he called out. 

It wasn't but a few weeks ago I was being called a fake fake for pointing out it was clear the locker room couldn't stand the guy. I don't know about you, but I sorta wanna keep track of the closet Patriots fans. 

Defending Josh McDaniels was so obviously the wrong move it's damn near criminally negligent. And I have absolutely no doubt if we were 7-1 right now, those of us who wanted McDaniels gone would be getting eviscerated. 

I am not married to an opinion - when I notice that I was wrong, I'll accept that and admit that I was wrong (rather than saying I was trolling all along). That's why I have no problem admitting that I was wrong about JMD.
Will I ever apologize for that, as someone suggested? No - I don't think that my approach was wrong.
My approach was although I wanted someone else as HC that i give them a chance and that the past of people don't have to define there future. I also don't have the feeling that I insulted or hurt someone, with my "defending" comments.
(If so then of course I will apologize for that)

Let's be honest, I don't say that I wouldn't rub it under your nose if we were 7-1 right now, but I don't think that I would get too far with that.

What I definitely wouldn't do is to discredit you further on, just because we weren't on the same page before, regardless who was wrong or right. That's just childish behaviour.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

I am not married to an opinion - when I notice that I was wrong, I'll accept that and admit that I was wrong (rather than saying I was trolling all along). That's why I have no problem admitting that I was wrong about JMD.
Will I ever apologize for that, as someone suggested? No - I don't think that my approach was wrong.
My approach was although I wanted someone else as HC that i give them a chance and that the past of people don't have to define there future. I also don't have the feeling that I insulted or hurt someone, with my "defending" comments.
(If so then of course I will apologize for that)

Let's be honest, I don't say that I wouldn't rub it under your nose if we were 7-1 right now, but I don't think that I would get too far with that.

What I definitely wouldn't do is to discredit you further on, just because we weren't on the same page before, regardless who was wrong or right. That's just childish behaviour.

Which is mostly fair. 

HOWEVER, a lot of his biggest defenders in these parts routinely refused to even have reasonable discussion regarding him being hired, immediately and automatically disregarded any criticism of him (and weren't particularly friendly about it), basically channeled McDaniels himself by recoiling in near antagonism as soon as someone criticized "the Way", relied on hyperbolic rhetoric, and/or made sure to phrase things in ways that they could wash their hands of him if he failed while still being able to have a "gotcha" party as soon as anything went right. 

You're right, it's childish to act like that. Now, the children are being called out for being children and can eat their Patriot flavored crow in relative silence. Personally, I'd force them all to add their many unreasonable defenses of him to their sig lines and banish them permanently to the Broncos sub. I'm not king, so they're spared that fate (begrudgingly). But, that's what the ignore function is for. 

Edited by ronjon1990

8 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Him going back to NE is not a slam dunk. They hired BOB, so his position is not really there for him to take back. I think he will take some time away. 

Not to mention Kraft is going to clean house, ending the Patriot way era. All those coaches are going to be dispersed around the league this time next year. Props to Matt Patricia getting a head start latching on in Philly. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Him going back to NE is not a slam dunk. They hired BOB, so his position is not really there for him to take back. I think he will take some time away. 

It depends what happens to Bill Belichek after this season. He signed an extension before the season but could be traded. There’s rumors that the Commanders could use the draft capital to trade for Bill

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Which is mostly fair. 

HOWEVER, a lot of his biggest defenders in these parts routinely refused to even have reasonable discussion regarding him being hired, immediately and automatically disregarded any criticism of him (and weren't particularly friendly about it), basically channeled McDaniels himself by recoiling in near antagonism as soon as someone criticized "the Way", relied on hyperbolic rhetoric, and/or made sure to phrase things in ways that they could wash their hands of him if he failed while still being able to have a "gotcha" party as soon as anything went right. 

You're right, it's childish to act like that. Now, the children are being called out for being children and can eat their Patriot flavored crow in relative silence. Personally, I'd force them all to add their many unreasonable defenses of him to their sig lines and banish them permanently to the Broncos sub. I'm not king, so they're spared that fate (begrudgingly). But, that's what the ignore function is for. 

Meh... not really. And tag me if you want me to eat crow. I didn't like the hire to begin with. I was firmly in the Dodds(GM)/Harbagh(HC) potential camp. And I supported trading Carr to the highest bidder and starting over there as well. 

Once hired, my take was if you're going to hire the Patriot way, then you need to be patient enough to let that vision unfold. The price for him as a HC pretty much signaled that. Also thought Carr would get a decent 3rd act.

Moving into the offseason, everyone wanted him gone. To me, that was not happening, so not worth discussing. Only thing to discuss was seeing the Patriot way through which I argued for because that is what Mark bought.

In no way did I want the Patriot way to begin with. But it was met positively around the league and amongst media. They said all the right things in the beginning. I was optimistic. 

Last thought, We're on coach 8 since Davis took over in 2011. The previous seven have lasted 16, 36, 12, 49, 53, 13 and 25 games. You cannot be successful in this league this way.

And I know this forum/social media thrives off "I'm right, you're wrong" culture wars. But it's okay to be support people/ideas and change your mind as additional information comes along. We're all adults (mostly) here. But sure.... let's banish posters and have them wear a Scarlett letter simply for wanting some form of consistency around this circus of a franchise.

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Meh... not really. And tag me if you want me to eat crow. I didn't like the hire to begin with. I was firmly in the Dodds(GM)/Harbagh(HC) potential camp. And I supported trading Carr to the highest bidder and starting over there as well. 

Once hired, my take was if you're going to hire the Patriot way, then you need to be patient enough to let that vision unfold. The price for him as a HC pretty much signaled that. Also thought Carr would get a decent 3rd act.

Moving into the offseason, everyone wanted him gone. To me, that was not happening, so not worth discussing. Only thing to discuss was seeing the Patriot way through which I argued for because that is what Mark bought.

In no way did I want the Patriot way to begin with. But it was met positively around the league and amongst media. They said all the right things in the beginning. I was optimistic. 

Last thought, We're on coach 8 since Davis took over in 2011. The previous seven have lasted 16, 36, 12, 49, 53, 13 and 25 games. You cannot be successful in this league this way.

And I know this forum/social media thrives off "I'm right, you're wrong" culture wars. But it's okay to be support people/ideas and change your mind as additional information comes along. We're all adults (mostly) here. But sure.... let's banish posters and have them wear a Scarlett letter simply for wanting some form of consistency around this circus of a franchise.

Respect. You a stand up dude.

but the bashing goes both ways lol

some just aren’t as stand up as you

• Like 4

16 hours ago, FloydFan said:

Can’t believe he went out like that. What a little crybaby. All AP was doing was trying to defend him. 

And some people on here were crying about how thin-skinned Carr was 😂🤣 And to an extent, he probably was -- but absolutely NOWHERE close to this level. McDaniels's personal maturity level is somewhere back in 8th grade.

• Like 1