HC McDaniels and GM Ziegler fired

NickButera

4 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Kinda proving ny right with this statement

so basically you banking on him to get arrested to make the Wilson pick look ok?

It’s mind boggling frustrating that we are already down on Tyree and it’s barely been half of a season. He’s already making improvements. Big picture, if Tyree hits his ceiling, are we really going to care about his slow start?

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Justwinning said:

It’s mind boggling frustrating that we are already down on Tyree and it’s barely been half of a season. He’s already making improvements. Big picture, if Tyree hits his ceiling, are we really going to care about his slow start?

100% it’s unreal how much criticism Wilson has gotten. If this was his 3rd season I’ll understand but he hasn’t even finished his rookie year. Then ignoring his improvements and focusing on his 1st 3-4 games .Considering he spent all offseason rehabbing, he’s barely getting up to speed 

People magically forgot Khalil Mack and Kolton Miller slow starts as rookies 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, big_palooka said:

This all could have ended a heck of a lot worse than it did. 

DZ looks more competent by the day, just tied his career to the wrong guy. 

Would Ziegler have a career in the NFL if it wasn't for McDaniels 🤔

Edited by Ryno

8 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Kinda proving ny right with this statement

so basically you banking on him to get arrested to make the Wilson pick look ok?

No, Simply saying, Carter had some serious red flags and should he get in trouble, all his talent is for nothing which is why teams shied away from him.

And like you I didn't want Wilson either.. That said, I don't think the criticism for the pick is warranted. He was a projected top 10 pick, has huge upside and is steadily improving and getting healthy. And he was never going to be a year 1 break out guy.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

No, Simply saying, Carter had some serious red flags and should he get in trouble, all his talent is for nothing which is why teams shied away from him.

And like you I didn't want Wilson either.. That said, I don't think the criticism for the pick is warranted. He was a projected top 10 pick, has huge upside and is steadily improving and getting healthy. And he was never going to be a year 1 break out guy.

I’ll take “solid” I’m not looking for a “break out” rookie year and I admit I knew he was a project but never in my imagination did I think you’d have to start from scratch with a guy. I predicted he’d have his best game with pierce at coach and he did. Im just being realistic and some of y’all are reaching just to justify this. Call it like it is id give him a c- grade so far. He’s improving but again it’s not hard when you’ve already hit rock bottom. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

100% it’s unreal how much criticism Wilson has gotten. If this was his 3rd season I’ll understand but he hasn’t even finished his rookie year. Then ignoring his improvements and focusing on his 1st 3-4 games .Considering he spent all offseason rehabbing, he’s barely getting up to speed 

People magically forgot Khalil Mack and Kolton Miller slow starts as rookies 

Mack didn’t have stance issues lol unless you’ve played football you can’t imagine not knowing how to properly get out of a stance and your a top 10 nfl pick. 

kolt still is a pff shiniest turd in the punch bowl. I think he’s good but overrated here and pff.

9 hours ago, Justwinning said:

Yes cause we need him now. Maxx needs him now defense needs him now not just 3-4 years from now. Maxx is imo in his super prime now and we gotta get him help. Playing across from maxx should be a rookie dl dream. Usually slow starting guys don’t get the second big $ contracts. 

14 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I’ll take “solid” I’m not looking for a “break out” rookie year and I admit I knew he was a project but never in my imagination did I think you’d have to start from scratch with a guy. I predicted he’d have his best game with pierce at coach and he did. Im just being realistic and some of y’all are reaching just to justify this. Call it like it is id give him a c- grade so far. He’s improving but again it’s not hard when you’ve already hit rock bottom. 

He was injured, missed 90% of camp and was thrust into action because Chandler went cocoa puffs. He's had to play his way back into football shape. And get fully past his injury.

C- is a fair grade. That is basically what I expected with him year 1. Year 2, the training wheels should be off and we should expect more.

To sit here and judge him as a player harshly when the expectations where he's a developmental player recovering from injury is misguided.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He was injured, missed 90% of camp and was thrust into action because Chandler went cocoa puffs. He's had to play his way back into football shape. And get fully past his injury.

C- is a fair grade. That is basically what I expected with him year 1. Year 2, the training wheels should be off and we should expect more.

To sit here and judge him as a player harshly when the expectations where he's a developmental player recovering from injury is misguided.  

All the fluff aside we agree with the “c-“ grade

Now if we think a “c-“ grade at half the season is acceptable is another debate 

for example Porter jr I’d give a solid “b” grade to

broderick “b” also and those guys were drafted after #7

42 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

All the fluff aside we agree with the “c-“ grade

Now if we think a “c-“ grade at half the season is acceptable is another debate 

for example Porter jr I’d give a solid “b” grade to

broderick “b” also and those guys were drafted after #7

I agree with this.  It's not about thinking Wilson is a bust or can't improve.  

He hasn't been good this year, period.  We can justify it with injuries, but it doesn't change the lack of impact.  

If we were a playoff team and could afford to redshirt a top 10 pick, I have less of a problem with it.  This was a team in desperate need of impact players, especially on defense.  If Wilson becomes a solid to great player that would be awesome, but is irrelevant to what we needed this year.

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Yes cause we need him now. Maxx needs him now defense needs him now not just 3-4 years from now. Maxx is imo in his super prime now and we gotta get him help. Playing across from maxx should be a rookie dl dream. Usually slow starting guys don’t get the second big $ contracts. 

You’re severely underrating the fact that he didn’t have an off-season to prep for the biggest transition of any athletes career. Tyree going to be a stud long term and we are going to laugh in the future about getting frustrated early on.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I can see both sides of this argument. Appreciate the thoughts above but also, he’s just so raw. Were we really expecting he’d be this raw? He doesn’t have a single counter move or anything other than a bull rush and initially his get off was molasses slow. Now, he has worked on that but man, I’m not sure a #7 pick should be that unskilled. He’s basically an athletic specimen that needs to be moulded and he was thrust in unexpectedly, but still………our 7th rounder is much more polished 😳