Ongoing Coaching & GM Rumors/Updates Talk

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, scar988 said:

McKay was probably at the dinner. lmao.

I'd like to imagine the front office and BB gathered inside the restaurant, sharing toasts, stories and jokes, while McKay stands outside in the rain looking into the window.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I'd like to imagine the front office and BB gathered inside the restaurant, sharing toasts, stories and jokes, while McKay stands outside in the rain looking into the window.

Terry had a nice scotch.

Arthur a nice bourbon (don't ask me how I know he prefers bourbon). 

Belichick a nice cup of demon blood.

Beadles (officially the team pres and not CEO like McKay) had beer.

McKay crying outside the window.

• Like 2

Just now, scar988 said:

Terry had a nice scotch.

Arthur a nice bourbon (don't ask me how I know he prefers bourbon). 

Belichick a nice cup of demon blood.

Beadles (officially the team pres and not CEO like McKay) had beer.

McKay crying outside the window.

So undermining, Belichick should've sent McKay his LinkedIn profile like all the other candidates.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Oh come on...

McDaniels - OC

Patricia - LB coach/Sr. Def Asst.

Judge - ST coach

If it's like that, I'll be ok with it. Bring in Steve and Brian to be S coach and DC and we're good on former pats coaches at that point. Keep our OL coach Ledford here, though. He's vastly improved this group the last 3 years. 

8 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Oh come on...

Bring in the D-bags! Haha.

If that were to happen (with any team, not just the Falcons), it’s a gamble on how the team “takes” to all that change. Obviously there’s a ton of success to lean back on from that staff, but not recently. It’s a little different when you enter a locker room with a culture, where 95% of the guys are on the same page and have the same work ethic. It’s another thing when you’ve already got a team and you’re trying to get them all to adhere to that new culture. It’ll be interesting. Wonder which other former Pats Bill would bring with him/poach?

Patricia and Judge specifically, I’m not even sure what they bring anymore. Josh I’m confident is still a good but flawed OC. Patricia hasn’t touched defense in years until this stint with the Eagles, and he didn’t do much there. Same with Judge in STs, NE’s special teams last year was weak, despite having a ton of dedicated STers that are widely regarded as really good at what they do. 

39 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Interesting. I didn't even know he was in the NFL doing big things. 

Has it been long enough since Jeff King was playing for him to look that old?

I definitely talked about him as a prospect on this website back in the day, so if he’s old…that would make me old. And that doesn’t sound right.

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Has it been long enough since Jeff King was playing for him to look that old?

I definitely talked about him as a prospect on this website back in the day, so if he’s old…that would make me old. And that doesn’t sound right.

When I started on this website (possibly discussing Jeff King with you who knows), my beard barely existed. Now it looks like that. 

23 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

When I started on this website (possibly discussing Jeff King with you who knows), my beard barely existed. Now it looks like that. 

Shoot, I was still in HS discussing him with you.

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

So thought experiment. A good team in the NFL is probably DET, HOU, CLE or perhaps BAL.

Do you think any of those teams would fire their current coaches if Reid, Shanahana or McVay were fired? I absolutely do not. No good teams fire their coaches. It's insane to even think about.

Good team is a playoff team generally. For example, If Sean Mcvay say hey bucs I wanna coach you Todd Bowles is getting the pink slip. 

if he came out and “parted ways” with the Rams. With the exception of the chargers who are getting Harbaugh, every other team with an opening would drop their top candidate right now and run to him. There would also be at least 5 teams who actively have HC’s who would put out feelers to see if he wanted to be there. 

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Interesting. I didn't even know he was in the NFL doing big things. 

He’s co-director of player personnel with The Bears. There’s belief that if Ian Cunningham becomes the new GM for the Chargers, that King could end up as Asst GM also.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Good team is a playoff team generally. For example, If Sean Mcvay say hey bucs I wanna coach you Todd Bowles is getting the pink slip. 

if he came out and “parted ways” with the Rams. With the exception of the chargers who are getting Harbaugh, every other team with an opening would drop their top candidate right now and run to him. There would also be at least 5 teams who actively have HC’s who would put out feelers to see if he wanted to be there. 

Can he even legally do that? I'm pretty sure he can't.