Ongoing Coaching & GM Rumors/Updates Talk

RaidersAreOne

52 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

The only reason i brought it up is because BB prob. has 2 years maybe 3 max before he is done i feel.  He is chasing Shulas record and that might be it for him.  Vrabel very well could take over the HC job within 2 to 3 years here lol.

I could see him as a DC for Belicheck but only Bill. No one else. 

Just don't see him going backwards when until this season he was viewed as one of the best HC in football. 

There's 

Bill, Harbaugh and flavor of the Month Ben Johnson. Most Franchises are hoping for 1 of the 3 domino's to fall thier way. Otherwise Vrable would be the pick of the litter.

Edited by Nabbs4u

11 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I mean he's done worse. Could be Matt Patricia as OC, just saying. 

I'm not writing this to troll you Nabbs, but it was funny when the Eagles put Patricia in charge of the defense and that unit got even worse. I think Philly should bring in Ron Rivera to coach the defense. Or maybe the DB coach of the Chiefs.

Edited by Mr.UFO

56 minutes ago, Refugee said:

A few days is not a problem, we’re barely going to be done with exit interviews by then and we could also just let everyone down and retain our DC. I am interested to see how the coaching carousel ends up, though and I think you guys and maybe LAC  can make the most attractive landing spots. 

Just to see my man Tom Grossi continue to hate on the guy for a few more years i can't have yall fire Joe Barry yet XD

15 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I mean he's done worse. Could be Matt Patricia as OC, just saying. 

Now this is the one that scares me to death about BB.  I swear to god he better not be the guy who comes here as OC.  I can live with him as a DC as long as he is paired with BB.  But as OC when McDaniels is available  O.o  That would be catastrophic imo.

22 minutes ago, Mr.UFO said:

Prediction: Atlanta hires Bill Belichick, and he hires former Patriots backup QB Kliff Kingsbury as OC.

That would be way out of left field and unexpected.  Not sure how i would feel about that one i haven't really paid much attention to Kliff over the years.

28 minutes ago, Mr.UFO said:

I'm not writing this to troll you Nabbs, but it was funny when the Eagles put Patricia in charge of the defense and that unit got even worse. I think Philly should bring in Ron Rivera to coach the defense. Or maybe the DB coach of the Chiefs.

Think the bigger mistake was not immediately firing Desai after stupidly making that decision in the 1st place. Keeping both in the building but swapping roles, had to have fractured that lockerroom defensively from a Pro/Anti Desai player standpoint. 

Those in support,  those not! The 2023 Eagles defense was historically bad with both calling plays.  However Desai made adjustments in the 2nd 1/2 of games when we went thru the gauntlet beating Mia, Dal,KC, Buff.

Not coincidence IMO that Seattle Week and loss giving up 93 yds and a TD in less then a minute started the slide. Most just didn't think it would turn into a  full blown avalanche!!!!

Edited by Nabbs4u

6 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Not coincidence IMO that Seattle Week and loss giving up 93 yds and a TD in less then a minute started the slide. Most just didn't think it would turn into a  full blown avalanche!!!!

It seems that when they got their first loss (after winning their first 8 or 9 games, whatever it was), all those spoiled Georgia Bulldog players they have on defense must have freaked out because they're used to winning every game from when they were in college. 😄

5 hours ago, Refugee said:

As a Packer fan I’m just hoping Vrabel is the odd man out in the musical chairs for the most desirable gigs, gets back with LaFluer as a top notch DC and uses the SB victory as a springboard to whatever young team he wants. Of course, in this scenario he also brings up a protégé to take over once he gets back to HC. 

Top notch DC? My man, his strength was never as an X's and O's coordinator. He was awful his last year as Houston DC, and his worst defense with the Titans was when he was de facto leading it. He's a good CEO type leader. This isn't Madden.

• Like 1

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-brian-johnson-is-no-longer-expected-to-interview-for-panthers-head-coach 

The Panthers are going to move forward in their head coaching search without talking to one of the candidates the club was reportedly interested in.

According to Joe Person of TheAthletic.com, Carolina is no longer expected to interview Eagles offensive coordinator Brian Johnson for the role.

2 hours ago, scar988 said:

GEdABJcWAAAWDIc?format=png&name=small

From ESPN's Falcons reporter Mike Rothstein.

GEc6Dd_XEAAOqGK?format=png&name=medium

Atlanta's search so far. Doesn't look like Bienemy, Canales, Frank Smith, Flores or Monken are going to get requests from the team.

Frank Smith and Monken should be getting some interviews.