Ongoing Coaching & GM Rumors/Updates Talk

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

can someone either find or make up GB DC coaching rumors and @ me?

Packers are looking to turn to another DC outcast at DC - this time Ron Rivera.

6 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Ron Rivera is actually a good DC though. Terrible HC.

He hasn't been one truly since 2010 - Obama was halfway through his first term, that long ago.

His 5 games doing it for us were as bad if not worse. Still calling him a good DC is farcical at this point. 

• Like 1

Just now, Teen Girl Squad said:

Good might be aggressive. I think he's probably like Gus Bradley where he can raise the floor of a defense but has a very defined, and low, ceiling.

2008 - 25th in yards allowed, 15th in points allowed

2009 - 16th in yards allowed, 11th in points allowed

2010 - 1st in yards allowed, 10th in points allowed

He took a bad defense and made them good in San Diego. He's a good DC.

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

He hasn't been one truly since 2010 - Obama was halfway through his first term, that long ago.

His 5 games doing it for us were as bad if not worse. Still calling him a good DC is farcical at this point. 

I mean, you traded away his best two pass rushers right before he took over as DC. How did you expect him to be good there? LOL LEt him just do the DC job and not be a HC too. I think he'll show he's still a good DC.

2 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I mean, you traded away his best two pass rushers right before he took over as DC. How did you expect him to be good there? LOL LEt him just do the DC job and not be a HC too. I think he'll show he's still a good DC.

One good pass rusher. The other is not that good. And I am saying nothing improved after we fired JDR. You can't tell me things still couldn't have gotten better with or without the talent. JDR lacked the same pass rushers for a couple of games. 

You can hire him to be your DC in Atlanta. 

Just now, MikeT14 said:

One good pass rusher. The other is not that good. And I am saying nothing improved after we fired JDR. You can't tell me things still couldn't have gotten better with or without the talent. JDR lacked the same pass rushers for a couple of games. 

You can hire him to be your DC in Atlanta. 

I mean, I want him to go to Green Bay. I'd take him in Atlanta as a AHC Defense type to help mentor the new HC. 

1 minute ago, scar988 said:

I mean, I want him to go to Green Bay. I'd take him in Atlanta as a AHC Defense type to help mentor the new HC. 

Why GB? Why not your DC if he's still good? He could mentor from his DC position. 

The fact that Rivera outright admitted he did zero coaching in his last 3 years in WAS and then decided to start in the last 5 weeks of his time there would IMO disqualify him as a serious DC candidate.   

He literally hasn’t been a DC for at least 3 cycles of play calling changes.   The guy didn’t even bother to know his teams playoff elimination scenarios last year I’m not at all confident he kept up with O / D scheme planning in the last 13+ seasons.    

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 3

Just now, Broncofan said:

The fact that Rivera outright admitted he did zero coaching in his last 3 years in WAS and then decided to start in the last 5 weeks of his time there would disqualify him as a serious DC candidate.   

He literally hasn’t been a DC for at least 3 cycles of play calling changes.   The guy didn’t even bother to know his teams playoff elimination scenarios last year I’m not at all confident he kept up with O / D scheme planning in the last 13+ seasons.    

giphy.gif