Ongoing Coaching & GM Rumors/Updates Talk

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, Mr.UFO said:

The coordinator/playcaller list reminded me of something. If a head coach is the playcaller for his side of the ball -- let's say offense -- what does the guy listed as "offensive coordinator" do?

Help game plan mostly.  It's why some of these coaches would rather stay put then be basically a OC/DC in name only.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Xenos said:

If he was going to be OC, they would just flat out say it right? Has to be something else like run game coordinator or TE coach.

I would guess run game coordinator and assistant head coach? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I would guess run game coordinator and assistant head coach? 

That would be ideal over actual OC. My dream scenario below:

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Xenos said:

If he was going to be OC, they would just flat out say it right? Has to be something else like run game coordinator or TE coach.

Probably something like that and AHC title?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Gives me the feeling that Jayden Daniels goes #2... Maye being available at #3 would be absolutely wild.

It makes me feel like Washington will try to trade up to #1 for Caleb Williams.

• Like 2

Having Greg Roman as the flat out OC wouldn't work. He always wants to run 22 personnel (2TE+FB) and either Mike Williams or Keenan Allen would only be in on third down. Of course, not having both of them on the field isn't much different than before because at least one of them was always hurt. 😄

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mr.UFO said:

Having Greg Roman as the flat out OC wouldn't work. He always wants to run 22 personnel (2TE+FB) and either Mike Williams or Keenan Allen would only be in on third down. Of course, not having both of them on the field isn't much different than before because at least one of them was always hurt. 😄

MW will also probably be cut.