Trevor Lawrence and the Jags - Year 4 (T-Law is what he is)

notthatbluestuff

12 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Lawrence- 33 fumbles, 21 lost in 50 games. 64% lost

Fields- 38 fumbles, 11 lost in 40 games. 29% lost.

Lost fumbles is all about luck. 

First of all, his post literally wasn't about lost fumbles. This post is just you burying your head in the sand and pretending you can't actually read his post.

Second, saying he doesn't fumble quite as often as Justin Fields isn't really the great pro-Lawrence point you seem to think it is. Our guy doesn't make mistakes as often as Justin Fields is not a sound argument for....anything.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

First of all, his post literally wasn't about lost fumbles. This post is just you burying your head in the sand and pretending you can't actually read his post.

Second, saying he doesn't fumble quite as often as Justin Fields isn't really the great pro-Lawrence point you seem to think it is. Our guy doesn't make mistakes as often as Justin Fields is not a sound argument for....anything.

He literally said he has the most turnovers in the NFL since entering the league. Hence, why I said losing 64% of his fumbles is unlucky. 

Kyler Murray has fumbled 28 times in 33 games since 2021. He has lost 2. If Lawrence lost 7% of his fumbles like Kyler nobody would be saying a thing. 😂

4 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

He literally said he has the most turnovers in the NFL since entering the league. Hence, why I said losing 64% of his fumbles is unlucky. 

Kyler Murray has fumbled 28 times in 33 games since 2021. He has lost 2. If Lawrence lost 7% of his fumbles like Kyler nobody would be saying a thing. 😂

You deleted the larger portion of his post that was exclusively about fumbles, not fumbles lost, and still showed that Lawrence was high relative to everyone the other posted listed. Even if you think fumbles lost is exclusively luck based, he's high in just fumbles too.

And again, keep comparing him to rushing QBs that people also aren't sold on. Doesn't help your case.

• Like 2

On 2/19/2024 at 6:52 PM, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

I do like CJ Stroud a lot.  He had a great rookie year, and he seems like a terrific person, but to say you wouldn't take Lawrence and 3 FRPs for him seems a little extreme.

IF you think what CJ Stroud did is repeatable, he might be the single most valuable player in the NFL right now given age, injury history, contract status, etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

IF you think what CJ Stroud did is repeatable, he might be the single most valuable player in the NFL right now given age, injury history, contract status, etc.

Texans fans have got to be very excited after his rookie season.  I don't see why that wouldn't continue, unless he starts hanging around with the Kardashians a lot, but I won't open that can of worms here.  He should have a great career.  I just don't think there is much difference between he and Lawrence. 

One thing for people to keep in mind is that, even though the Jags imploded at the end of the year and opened the door for the Texans to take advantage, the Jags did sweep them the two times they played during the regular season.

In any case, I don't want to shortchange either one of them.  I'd absolutely love to have either one of them playing for the Bears! 

1 hour ago, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

Texans fans have got to be very excited after his rookie season.  I don't see why that wouldn't continue, unless he starts hanging around with the Kardashians a lot, but I won't open that can of worms here.  He should have a great career.  I just don't think there is much difference between he and Lawrence. 

One thing for people to keep in mind is that, even though the Jags imploded at the end of the year and opened the door for the Texans to take advantage, the Jags did sweep them the two times they played during the regular season.

In any case, I don't want to shortchange either one of them.  I'd absolutely love to have either one of them playing for the Bears! 

Actually we split this year.  Texans won the first one where Caldwell underestimated Stroud.  that game was also weird cuz a fb scored on a Kickoff return.

Jags won the 2nd one.

I feel like the jags imploding has a good amount related to Kirk and Lawrences injuries. The defense also decided to not show up really.

Kirk is by far Lawrences favorite wr especially on 3rd down. 

7 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

You deleted the larger portion of his post that was exclusively about fumbles, not fumbles lost, and still showed that Lawrence was high relative to everyone the other posted listed. Even if you think fumbles lost is exclusively luck based, he's high in just fumbles too.

And again, keep comparing him to rushing QBs that people also aren't sold on. Doesn't help your case.

You truly believe I care about fumbles from John Elway and Drew Bledsoe? 

And I’m not comparing him to rushing QB’s. Lawrence is top 6 in rush attempts the last 3 years regardless lol. The fact you continue to miss the point doesn’t surprise me.

Let’s try this again. Top 7 fumblers last 3 seasons:

Josh Allen- 50 games, 28 fumbles, 12 lost, 42% lost, 0.56 fumbles a game

Tua- 43 games, 28 fumbles, 7 lost, 25% lost, 0.65 fumbles a game

Hurts- 47 games, 27 fumbles, 9 lost, 33% lost, 0.57 fumbles a game

Cousins- 41 games, 26 fumbles, 9 lost, 34% lost, 0.63 fumbles a game

Murray- 33 games, 28 fumbles, 2 lost, 7% lost, 0.84 fumbles a game

Fields- 40 games, 38 fumbles, 11 lost, 29% lost, 0.95 fumbles a game

Lawrence- 50 games, 33 fumbles, 21 lost, 64% lost, 0.66 fumbles a game 

I pray this helps you get the point.

Edited by KhanYouDigIt
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

You truly believe I care about fumbles from John Elway and Drew Bledsoe? 

And I’m not comparing him to rushing QB’s. Lawrence is top 6 in rush attempts the last 3 years regardless lol. The fact you continue to miss the point doesn’t surprise me.

Let’s try this again. Top 7 fumblers last 3 seasons:

Josh Allen- 50 games, 28 fumbles, 12 lost, 42% lost, 0.56 fumbles a game

Tua- 43 games, 28 fumbles, 7 lost, 25% lost, 0.65 fumbles a game

Hurts- 47 games, 27 fumbles, 9 lost, 33% lost, 0.57 fumbles a game

Cousins- 41 games, 26 fumbles, 9 lost, 34% lost, 0.63 fumbles a game

Murray- 33 games, 28 fumbles, 2 lost, 7% lost, 0.84 fumbles a game

Fields- 40 games, 38 fumbles, 11 lost, 28% lost, 0.95 fumbles a game

Lawrence- 50 games, 33 fumbles, 21 lost, 63% lost, 0.66 fumbles a game 

I pray this helps you get the point.

So only two QBs, Fields and Murray, fumble more often than Lawrence? Cool.

You keep obsessing over fumbles lost. He's still up there in just fumbles. Your own stats point this out lol. You can say as many times as you want that he's unlucky about losing them, and it doesn't change the fact that he's also still just fumbling more than the other guys.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

So only two QBs, Fields and Murray, fumble more often than Lawrence? Cool.

You keep obsessing over fumbles lost. He's still up there in just fumbles. Your own stats point this out lol. You can say as many times as you want that he's unlucky about losing them, and it doesn't change the fact that he's also still just fumbling more than the other guys.

Oh boy. Let’s try one more time:

Allen, Tua and Murray have the same amount of lost fumbles combined as Lawrence does while fumbling 51 more times.

1 minute ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Oh boy. Let’s try one more time:

Allen, Tua and Murray have the same amount of lost fumbles combined as Lawrence does while fumbling 51 more times.

And again, Murray can be lucky, Lawrence can be unlucky, neither of those things invalidate the fact that Lawrence puts the ball on the ground more than almost every other QB in football. This has been said multiple times by multiple posters, you just refuse to accept it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

And again, Murray can be lucky, Lawrence can be unlucky, neither of those things invalidate the fact that Lawrence puts the ball on the ground more than almost every other QB in football. This has been said multiple times by multiple posters, you just refuse to accept it.

There’s only a 0.10 difference when it comes to fumbles per game between Allen, Cousins, Lawrence, Hurts and Tua. Allen, Hurts and Lawrence are also top 6 in rushing attempts the last 3 years.

His fumbles are under more of a microscope because of the amount of lost fumbles and you know it. If he was in that 25% range like Tua, 8 fumbles lost, while fumbling 33 times, it wouldn’t be as big of a deal. TO’s are the most important thing at the end of the day. Hence why nobody brings up Kyler’s fumbles lol

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

There’s only a 0.10 difference when it comes to fumbles per game between Allen, Cousins, Lawrence, Hurts and Tua. Allen, Hurts and Lawrence are also top 6 in rushing attempts the last 3 years.

His fumbles are under more of a microscope because of the amount of lost fumbles and you know it. If he was in that 25% range like Tua, 8 fumbles lost, while fumbling 33 times, it wouldn’t be as big of a deal. TO’s are the most important thing at the end of the day. Hence why nobody brings up Kyler’s fumbles lol

I don't agree. You're comparing him against other players that are also criticized for turning the ball over too much. Tua had 14 INTs and 13 fumbles this year. That's absolutely a problem, and many have doubts on if they should pay him when the time comes. Josh Allen is widely criticized for not being careful enough with the football. Hurts was under far more scrutiny for his play this year, in part because of how much more he turned the ball over overall. No one brings up Kyler's fumbles because he hasn't played a full season since 2021, so he hasn't been a topic of conversation. But let's not act like people are sold on Kyler either. Kirk is....Kirk.

All the players you're using as comparisons are players who also get criticized for being careless with the ball. Someone like Josh Allen is a bit of a unique case because his great is so insanely great that you take the bad with it. Hurts was that in 2022, but not so much in 2023. But otherwise, everyone else you're using to try to say Lawrence doesn't actually fumble that much, are also QBs that get ranked in that  mid-tier and get criticized for giving the ball away too much. As a Jaguars fan you just see the criticism of Lawrence more.

But like, there's a reason you're comparing him to the players above, and not putting him up against Joe Burrow or Patrick Mahomes or Justin Herbert. Hell, even Brock Purdy. You're not saying he fumbles as rarely as guys who are known for taking care of the ball. You're saying he fumbles as often as other guys who turn the ball over a lot. So yeah, that should get criticism. Especially when most of these other guys are making more plays in the process as well. The fumbles are just a part of the narrative.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

But like, there's a reason you're comparing him to the players above, and not putting him up against Joe Burrow or Patrick Mahomes or Justin Herbert. Hell, even Brock Purdy. You're not saying he fumbles as rarely as guys who are known for taking care of the ball. You're saying he fumbles as often as other guys who turn the ball over a lot. So yeah, that should get criticism. Especially when most of these other guys are making more plays in the process as well. The fumbles are just a part of the narrative.

200w.gif ?cid=6c09b952x1cnui4bry736qmavcnmguf8ov5j74h7o3avqwif&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200w. gif&ct=g

• Like 3

On 2/24/2024 at 9:52 AM, KhanYouDigIt said:

They'd say he wears his grip strength out playing too much Call of Duty and that's why his hands can't hold a football.

• Like 3