Trevor Lawrence and the Jags - Year 4 (T-Law is what he is)

notthatbluestuff

In situ, Trevor Lawrence doesn't crack the top six on many lists.

If we take into account support (e.g. receiving corps, pass protection, field position, etc.) he is #2, behind Mahomes, who remains the generational talent.  For what it's worth, Trevor's situation has improved noticeably this year.

On 11/1/2023 at 1:54 PM, CP3MVP said:

I kinda expected a “generational” QB talent to be an MVP or all pro level player in year 3. 

Urban Meyer really set him back a year IMO. If Pederson was the HC from the start we would see it.

On 11/2/2023 at 3:47 AM, 4thandInches said:

He’s not close to a top 5 qb. He’s been okay, but when I watch them nothing pops. I thought he’d take a big stride this year but I still don’t see it. That redzone interception last week was appalling.

“He’s been okay” tells me all I need to know.

3 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

He wasn’t elite so by the constant generational tag he was a disappointment. Peyton was an all pro in year 2. They are not the same 

Peyton wasn't a AP until his 6th NFL season in 2003? In fact Manning never had a better statistical season then Andrew Lucks 2014 year, until his 7th season. Try again.

2014 Luck 4761 yds 40TD 16 INT

In fact only 1 (singular) of Mannings 13 years and somehow 5 AP seasons as a Colts came close to Lucks 2014 year. Andrew was just playing against Aaron Rodgers/JJ Watt that year for MVP/AP honors.

2018 Luck 4593yds 39TD 15 INT

after a year off due to injury. Mahomes 1st AP MVP season. Luck Retired in 2019.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Peyton wasn't a AP until his 6th NFL season in 2003? In fact Manning never had a better statistical season then Andrew Lucks 2014 year, until his 7th season. Try again.

In fact only 1 (singular) of Mannings 13 years and somehow 5 AP seasons as a Colts came close to Lucks 2014 year. Andrew was just playing against Aaron Rodgers/JJ Watt that year for MVP/AP honors.

after a year off due to injury. Mahomes 1st AP MVP season. Luck Retired in 2019.

He was a second team all pro in his second and third years (Manning). 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Peyton  was an all pro in 1999. We are comparing players relative to their peers. I expect a generational prospect to be a top 3 ish player at their position relatively quickly. Andrew luck wasn’t 

Edited by CP3MVP

40 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Peyton  was an all pro in 1999. We are comparing players relative to their peers. I expect a generational prospect to be a top 3 ish player at their position relatively quickly. Andrew luck wasn’t 

That might apply if Luck wasn't playing with and against 4 1st ballot HOF'rs! Let alone possibly 2 of the top 5 Greatest QB in NFL history. 

Peyton

Brady

Rodgers

Brees

Besides Mahomes who from this Era would of cracked that top 4, let's be real? 

Edited by Nabbs4u