Trevor Lawrence and the Jags - Year 4 (T-Law is what he is)

notthatbluestuff

1 minute ago, Forge said:

To be clear, this is an extremely niche stat that tells us very little. 

One, it's man coverage. Yes, it needs to be man coverage to give us a real separation score. But for most teams, thats probably going to be less than half their dropbacks. Per PFF, for Jacksonville, they are dead last in the league facing man coverage. It won't get any better this week because the Colts are one of the most zone heavy teams in the league. 

Secondly, you typically would only gauge separation on targeted throws. So all this really tells us is that when they face man coverage and Trevor targets them, they are usually wide open.  But that's a pretty limited sample and that's a whole lot more unknown to their play than known.  PFF has BTjr and Kirk as running 30 and 33 routes against man coverage this year. 

BTJ looks like the second coming of Randy Moss, potentially better. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vladimir L said:

Burrow Stafford have had terrible lines what do they do get the ball out fast

commanders don’t have a great line but they get the ball out in 2.5 sec and people respect jd ability to run so they don’t rush him

wasnt Lawrence a great runner too a 4.5-4.6 guy?

daniel jones has even looked better than him

Lawrence can run when he wants.  

The problem lies more with the play calling but Can Robinson and Harrison have played like day 3 rookies.

Jags seem to get the ball out in 2.7 seconds and he's actually hurried at that point.

Edited by LinderFournette

12 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

For all the hate on Trevor right now he's actually fixed 1 problem.

It's not a complete fix but he has 1 int and 2 fumbles so 3 turnovers  in 4 games

Last year 26 turnovers in 16 games

Year before 20turnovers in 17 games.

Rookie year 26 turnovers in 17 games.

Great now let’s get some wins. 

2 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

For all the hate on Trevor right now he's actually fixed 1 problem.

It's not a complete fix but he has 1 int and 2 fumbles so 3 turnovers  in 4 games

Last year 26 turnovers in 16 games

Year before 20turnovers in 17 games.

Rookie year 26 turnovers in 17 games.

Turnover = fumble lost, not just fumble - so you're actually being a bit harsh on him. 

1 turnover in 4 games as far as I'm concerned and I've been a day one hater.

47 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Turnover = fumble lost, not just fumble - so you're actually being a bit harsh on him. 

Ya but I think it needs to be a little harsh in terms of Turnovers. Part of the problem is that press Taylor decided to take away alot of those screens and quick passes which probably makes his completion percentage skew low.   He's also been off on a decent amount of thrustsi.

8 hours ago, MagicMT said:

Not saying he has a good O-line (he doesn't) or a good coach (Press Taylor or Pederson are terrible at play calling) but man look at what Jayden Daniels is doing in Washington. Commanders have a poor O-line and Kingsbury (who has been decent this year) and they're making magic with what they have. 
You shouldn't need for everything to be perfect around you to be a decent QB. 
Lawrence isn't in the best situation but at some point he has to play good enough to elevate his teammates and he's just not doing that. 

You should've heard the "arguments" in his favor a while back - "it's not his fault, defense was playing Tampa 2." 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Soggust said:

Meh. Is it a “puts the ball on the ground and it bounces into a defender’s hand” problem, or just a “puts the ball on ground/is careless with the football” problem? More the latter IMO.

You’re right though, a fumble isn’t necessarily a turnover, but from the QB’s perspective it’s basically the exact same action.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Soko said:

Meh. Is it a “puts the ball on the ground and it bounces into a defender’s hand” problem, or just a “puts the ball on ground/is careless with the football” problem? More the latter IMO.

Doesn't matter to me, personally.

We don't split off INTs that are really the WR or OL's fault. And if I do this for Trevor, I have to do it for everyone.

Hell, even if they are his fault - he can fumble all day long as long as he produces good stats and doesn't actually turn the ball over, imo.

It's the 50+ tYPG dropoff this year in order to limit those turnovers that's more concerning imo.

8 hours ago, Malfatron said:

When lawrence regresses to the mean it could get much worse

Perhaps, but he's actually been on the extreme side of most of his fumbles being lost during his career, so this might actually be the closer regression to the mean.