Antonio Pierce named HC

NCOUGHMAN

5 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

😂😂 yup 1000% agree🎯🎯

Yet you can't give us any legitimate reasons that AP should be considered as a candidate. Got ran out of town in Arizona for sucking and not being able to hold onto the Heisman winner, had one of the worst position groups in the NFL as a LB coach, and has done a terrible job as the interim coach. Has this dude had success at any level as a coach?

This is who @NCOUGHMAN and @bucksavage1 think is NFL head coaching material:

On February 7, 2014, Pierce was named the head coach at national powerhouse Long Beach Polytechnic High School, replacing Raul Lara, who stepped down as the head coach of the program after 13 seasons. After an 11-2 first season, the Jackrabbits struggled under Pierce, missing the playoffs for the first time in 36 years in his second season at the helm. The struggles continued in 2016 and 2017, with the program failing to reach double digit wins in both years and getting blown out in the playoffs.

Dude got ran out of town at Long Beach Poly because he couldn't out coach HS dudes, yikes. He was 31-15 and they got continuously worse under him

Edited by NYRaider

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Hand picked? Lol it was literally either bo or turner lol y’all wild. And those guys were hand picked by wait for jmd and we know jmd can’t get anyone of quality to coach offense with him.

bp mad that his boy jmdz killed our team and ap can’t bring it back to life

while

ny mad we put all our eggs in his boy jimmy basket leaving ap to pick from jimmy, hoe-yer or try to turn a 4th round statue into a consistent nfl starting caliber qb

yea ima let y’all cook

And NCOUGH is infatuated with AP because he sounds cool, drives an Impala and is from Compton. 

Gruden killed this team. JMD just kept it going. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

This is who @NCOUGHMAN and @bucksavage1 think is NFL head coaching material:

Dude got ran out of town at Long Beach Poly because he couldn't out coach HS dudes, yikes. He was 31-15 and they got continuously worse under him

Wow - that is a pretty scathing indictment. He absolutely can’t be the guy once the season is over. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

And NCOUGH is infatuated with AP because he sounds cool, drives an Impala and is from Compton. 

Gruden killed this team. JMD just kept it going. 

Lol naw I’m not that easy. now….If he starts garbers then I’ll be infatuated at the same obnoxious level you and ny were about jmd and jimmy.

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Yet you can't give us any legitimate reasons that AP should be considered as a candidate. Got ran out of town in Arizona for sucking and not being able to hold onto the Heisman winner, had one of the worst position groups in the NFL as a LB coach, and has done a terrible job as the interim coach. Has this dude had success at any level as a coach?

Whoa whoa whoa, now hold up just a second!

Patrick Graham has a long history of bottom tier results as a positional coach and DC, with 2 good seasons he was gifted crap opponents, but he's now apparently a required "keeper" for a new HC. 

If you're gonna use something to bash a coach over, it should be applied evenly. 

If we beat a Herbertless Chargers team this week and AP happens to call a good, sensible game, are we going to re-evaluate him with the same kid gloves being used on Patrick Graham? Legit question. 

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Lol naw I’m not that easy. now….If he starts garbers then I’ll be infatuated at the same obnoxious level you and ny were about jmd and jimmy.

Is infatuation even the right word for it? Seems like that doesn't even begin to describe that love affair, especially with how messy the divorce was between Palooka and McD.

That dude spent the last week or so of McDaniels tenure coming off like a lover absolutely spurned. Seriously, dude defended him to no end only to wind up legit hating him as much or more than BayRaider hates Derek Carr. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Yet you haven’t answered why the double standards when it comes to AP.

Blame him for the Offense but gets no credit for the defense. Dismiss the Giants and Jets wins but blame him entirely for the last 3 losses. 

Im not fully on board with AP. However, I’m about giving people fair shots. Give credit where it is due. Criticize when warranted. The offense been a mess all season and the defensive staff which he is apart of have been exceptional

Look it’s ok to have coaches who you want as the job. However, you don’t have to over shade the negatives and gloss over the positives to prove your point 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

Blame him for the Offense but gets no credit for the defense. Dismiss the Giants and Jets wins but blame him entirely for the last 3 losses. 

Im not fully on board with AP. However, I’m about giving people fair shots. Give credit where it is due. Criticize when warranted. The offense been a mess all season and the defensive staff which he is apart of have been exceptional

Look it’s ok to have coaches who you want as the job. However, you don’t have to over shade the negatives and gloss over the positives to prove your point 

What are positive being glossed over? 

For me, it's decision making and time clock management. Basic things I expect I expect an NFL coach to adept at. 

13 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

For me, it's decision making and time clock management. Basic things I expect I expect an NFL coach to adept at. 

There you go:

17 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

They clearly promoted him as the interim coach so they could keep Graham in charge of the defense and let AP delegate tasks. He decided to promote his best buddy in the building to offensive coordinator.

We've seen Antonio Pierce take over one of the best HS football programs in America and then get ran out of town after he tanked the program. They missed the playoffs for the first time in 4 decades under his leadership and failed to win a playoff game during his final two seasons before they forced him to resign. Long Beach Poly's AD probably makes like 40k a year and he saw that AP wasn't fit to be a head coach.

Then he went to Arizona State and was ran out of town and forced to resign after he provided illegal benefits to recruits that resulted in sanctions for the program.

He was the LB coach before he was promoted and we've seen little to no development from any of the young LBs, Perryman actually got worse after coming off of a Pro Bowl year in 2021, and Spillane is just the same guy he was in Pittsburgh in a bigger role. LB is one of the weakest units that we have on the entire team, the unit that he was picked to coach.

You want to give this dude a fair shot to be the next head coach for beating two of the worst teams in the NFL with backup QBs. He hasn't beaten a starter since he took over the offense has regressed from god awful to super god awful.

Personally I don't want a head coach that has zero ability to develop an offensive gameplan around multiple all pro players like AP has shown.

On 12/13/2023 at 7:54 AM, NYRaider said:

We've seen Antonio Pierce take over one of the best HS football programs in America and then get ran out of town after he tanked the program.

I lived in Long Beach,CA from 2011 to 2017.

The program was going down before he even took over. More and more HS are recruiting talent from Long Beach area. California powers Los Alamitos and Mater Dei are within 10 and 25 minutes driving distance. It doesn’t help that Long Beach Poly is not in a great area of LBC. Not the worst but certainly not the best. Los Alamitos is a much nicer area of the greater suburbs Long Beach area. Mater Dei is in Santa Ana, Orange County. Which is in a rough part of the town ironically but still nothing compared to Long Beach Poly area. Only about 10 minutes from Mansions out in Newport Beach and Newport Coast. Bryce Young lived in Pasadena but went to Mater Dei. Pasadena is in Northeast LA county.

To this day they still aren’t a natl powerhouse anymore like they were in the 90s but still top 20 CA state. 

• Like 1

On 12/13/2023 at 7:33 AM, big_palooka said:

I agree ,Those are fair criticisms. That’s a part of the game many seasoned coaches struggle with. It is something that can be improved upon. An Associate HC could be hired to assist with those decisions. Preferably an ex-head coach.

I think he’s done a good job motivating the team out of the dumps they were in after the Lions loss.
Players for the most part like to playing for him. Which could help with FA recruiting 

Even the offense has looked bad, the team has been ready to play every game under AP. Even had a game with no penalties 

On Defense, this is the best out Linebackers have looked in 20 seasons. Deablo, Masterson and Spillane have outplayed their projection

Im not advocating he keeps the HC position as I like to see the rest of the season. I think if he had better options on the offensive playbook and QB we would have better results 

• Like 1