Antonio Pierce named HC

NCOUGHMAN

16 hours ago, G said:

Also is Telesco really wanting success this season, or hoping for a big flop so he can go after one of the coaches that didn't get a job last season. I figured Mark told him he'll get to pick one of his own if AP doesn't work out but with so many vet coaches out there and a couple OC's looking good he might be hoping for it to flop big enough to have his choice and then go all in on a QB this next season...

Feels like telesco is undercover tanking to get better draft position so the next herbert can fall into his lap cause he’s not gonna move up. He has no ties to anyone on the team except Wilkins and gardner. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Feels like telesco is undercover tanking to get better draft position so the next herbert can fall into his lap cause he’s not gonna move up. He has no ties to anyone on the team except Wilkins and gardner. 

Anything to deflect blame on AP simply not being a good coach right?

It really should not surprise anyone. Interim coaches simply don't work out when given the job historically. In the case of AP, he had no experience as a coordinator and limited experience in coaching. Odds were/are he'd have a hard time finding success as the HC.

Edited by big_palooka

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

bigger question is how many oc’s wanna coach this offense. You see once it was obvious we weren’t serious about the qb position kliff bounced.

Kliff apparently left because the Raiders offered him a 2 year deal and he wanted 3. Also, they weren’t serious about trading up for a QB. Kliff would have been good with Penix too. Generally, assistants contracts mirror HC contracts 

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I’m not sure what the Telesco plan. It seemed like Champ Kelly who probably will get hired as a GM in the offseason, was doing a solid job. The Jack Jones move was savvy.
Telesco He landed good players at the top of drafts  with SD/LA and struggled later on. I like the 1/2/3 from this season. Rest of the draft is a question mark. I thought we should of took Rattler in RD4

Champ Kelly or any GM would have landed Wilkins due to him wanting to come here  and Maxx Recruiting him. Gardner , Mattison , Peat and Whitehair were his only other signings in FA. 

It’s Obvious the 25 million paid to Gardner factored in him starting the season. That can’t be argued. No QB making that money is riding the pine

56 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Anything to deflect blame on AP simply not being a good coach right?

Anything to bash AP from you. We know you don’t like him as a coach since the day he took over. You predicted he would win 1 game and would be our Jeff Saturday. You have continued to bash him in nearly every post in this thread. This venom was not there for McDaniels 

Facts are Facts…he’s 7-7 overall. Better than any coach under Mark

23 hours ago, G said:

Also is Telesco really wanting success this season, or hoping for a big flop so he can go after one of the coaches that didn't get a job last season. I figured Mark told him he'll get to pick one of his own if AP doesn't work out but with so many vet coaches out there and a couple OC's looking good he might be hoping for it to flop big enough to have his choice and then go all in on a QB this next season...

I thought I read that after interviewing the GM contenders that one of the questions was who was their choice for HC and wasn’t Pierce the unanimous choice. I’m sure I read that Telesco would have chosen Pierce therefore it was fine to appoint him before the actual GM

13 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I thought I read that after interviewing the GM contenders that one of the questions was who was their choice for HC and wasn’t Pierce the unanimous choice. I’m sure I read that Telesco would have chosen Pierce therefore it was fine to appoint him before the actual GM

Maybe...Or if I went into a job interview that I'd be paid for years even if I was fired and my all my coworkers and peers wanted me to keep someone on staff. I'd say I want them on the staff, knowing that if they don't excel that I'd get a chance to replace that person without any 'drama' had I gotten the job and NOT hired that person. Especially if I was recently fired from my last job where I had mixed results. I brought in good new staff early (draft) but those I brought from the competition (FA) I didn't get quite right and I had a business owner who was tight with cash and wanted the best results from a budget. Now it's a new market but in the same industry and I've got an owner who doesn't seem to know what he's doing but he likes being the owner because it's family. Lots more money and not as tight with a budget normally but a little tight at the moment because of paying the last two managers who were fired within years of each other. 

Yeah...I think I'm going with saying whatever I think gets me the job. 😃

7 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

I’m not sure what the Telesco plan. It seemed like Champ Kelly who probably will get hired as a GM in the offseason, was doing a solid job. The Jack Jones move was savvy.
Telesco He landed good players at the top of drafts  with SD/LA and struggled later on. I like the 1/2/3 from this season. Rest of the draft is a question mark. I thought we should of took Rattler in RD4

Champ Kelly or any GM would have landed Wilkins due to him wanting to come here  and Maxx Recruiting him. Gardner , Mattison , Peat and Whitehair were his only other signings in FA. 

It’s Obvious the 25 million paid to Gardner factored in him starting the season. That can’t be argued. No QB making that money is riding the pine

Yea I’m just gonna wait for the tell all interviews in about 2 years. I have no idea what’s going on or what direction we’re going in

11 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Those assistants have no say really in game planning they imo basically help him on day to day hc duties. Hc is a totally different job from dc and oc. Graham was already here so we know AP didn’t hire him.
bigger question is how many oc’s wanna coach this offense. You see once it was obvious we weren’t serious about the qb position kliff bounced.

It's just crazy to see AP get all of the credit for the wins and then zero blame for anything that has gone wrong.

• Like 3

Let’s say the Raiders move on from AP after this season. Looking at the potential list of candidates is really underwhelming.

Ben Johnson will have his pick of where he wants to go. 

Slowik is someone I really soured on. His tendencies drive me crazy with his calls. 

Kellen Moore? Pass Aaron Glenn? Pass Joe Brady? Pass

Vrabrel would be cool same for Flores.

Knew from the get-go the offseason was a disaster. Started with the fake HC interviews and not even meeting with Harbaugh. How many times are we gonna learn the lesson? Interim Ra-Ra guys aren't gonna put teams over. At least the Bisaccia cultists will did now.

Then from that the OC debacle with Kingsbury dipping on us. Then hiring the WORST OC available. Bo was 5× better than Getsy on short notice last season. 

Bowers was the one bright spot this offseason. I've never seen a team regress after such optimism or maybe just phony confidence after beating the Chiefs on Xmas. Either way it starts with the HC and he's done after this season.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, RaiderX said:

I've never seen a team regress after such optimism or maybe just phony confidence after beating the Chiefs on Xmas. Either way it starts with the HC and he's done after this season.

I think there's still a pretty good chance AP is retained with most of the blame going to injuries and Getsy being the fall guy.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I think there's still a pretty good chance AP is retained with most of the blame going to injuries and Getsy being the fall guy.

He just can’t get another year. There are probably fans who will still make excuses, but the team have collapsed pathetically in 3 out of the last 4 games, none of them even against good teams.

The in-game adjustments, situational football and lack of coaching in general are really, really bad.

A few of us said it at the time and it’s looking prophetic - signing Minshew to start at QB and hiring Getsy to run the offense are the two indicators that nobody was really serious about winning this season. The first one is on Telesco and the second is on Pierce. And Telesco has a much longer leash than AP here.

• Like 3