Game 9: Detroit Lions (6-2) @ LA Chargers (3-4)

Louis Friend

Something I found interesting this game, Malcolm Rodriguez played 5 offensive snaps, all at FB as a blocker. He also played a handful of defensive snaps and obviously on ST. If Rodrigo can play this role adequately, maybe the team will finally stop wasting a roster spot on Jason Cabinda. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

I think there's already a thread for that... or is it this one? I don't know anymore.

Yea we only need one thread. The continual starting a post game thread when we are talking post game in game thread is insane:

several of us here talking during game and after game and then he has to make a new thread and our conversation gets stopped. 

bit controlling to continually move our post game chat 

57 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Something I found interesting this game, Malcolm Rodriguez played 5 offensive snaps, all at FB as a blocker. He also played a handful of defensive snaps and obviously on ST. If Rodrigo can play this role adequately, maybe the team will finally stop wasting a roster spot on Jason Cabinda. 

That is a valid point 

3 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

Jamo's blocking and willingness to block has really earned a lot of wiggle room for me and my patience with him. If he wasn't putting much effort into blocking, struggling to catch the ball, etc. then I would be on the "ship him out train". 

Because of what he's showing, I'm definitely willing to let him continue to learn and develop. Obviously I have nothing to do with any of this in the real world but it does help when you have fan support. 

Yea I was very happy with Jamo this game 

5 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

He played a good game. He was 2-2 for 18 yards but he also had a nice TD called back due to a BS penalty on Decker. He blocked well, especially on Monty’s 75 yarder. He also runs routes that clear the field that allows others to get open. His targets will increase but I’m really liking how he’s playing overall. 

His blocking is somewhat of surprise. The blocks on the 75 yard run were special due to his speed to get there 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LionArkie said:

Yesterday's news I know... but I've been beating the drum that Jameson has to learn to catch. I will have to say, he had a nice one in the first half of the game. I hope he keeps doing that. I haven't finished watching the game yet so I'm hoping for more.

I liked his finish on the TD that got called back. Man that aggressiveness is stellar 

• Like 2

Just now, detfan782004 said:

He is a hard WR to cover though. He did that little skip, hop, hesitation and then accelerated  like he was in a dang video game 

Absolutely. Allen is a top WR and he’s hard to cover. But there were times we had no one within 5 yards of him. Other times we had a rookie LB on him. Just weird.