Game 9: Detroit Lions (6-2) @ LA Chargers (3-4)

Louis Friend

WOOF. That was a great game. Watching the defense get absolutely exploited, not just beaten was like old times. They never doubled Allen, the only guy that was a real threat. Not a good look. Chargers' defense is terrible so the offense did the work.

I think the Chargers are much better than their record. That's the Justin Herbert I expect to see week to week, not the guy we've gotten so far this year.

2 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

WOOF. That was a great game. Watching the defense get absolutely exploited, not just beaten was like old times. They never doubled Allen, the only guy that was a real threat. Not a good look. Chargers' defense is terrible so the offense did the work.

I think the Chargers are much better than their record. That's the Justin Herbert I expect to see week to week, not the guy we've gotten so far this year.

They are but Det just didn't cover Allen 

• Like 1

Some pros of the game-

Nice balance of Monty & Gibbs touches.

Nice blocks by our young guys (Jamo, LaPorta, Gibbs) on key plays. 

Nice plays by our rooks on defense (Campbell, Branch, Martin). 

Nice INT by Kerby

GW kick by Patterson 

Amon-Ra continues to be a dawg!

Campbell has balls of steel. 

After starting 0-7 on 3rd down, went 4-6 on 3rd down to close out the game. 

No turnovers. I said this game would come to turnovers. We got one, they didn’t. 

Some cons of the game-

We still need a receiver besides ARSB to step up. our offense seems to stagnate at times when the opposing team locks up Saint. It’s going to happen more often in the postseason. 

Red zone offense needs addressing. 2-4 in the redzone today. One possession we turned it over on downs. That cannot happen. We need points inside the 20. 

We need corners. Badly. Sutton is good but he cannot do it alone. He’s been playing every snap in every game. Why not try Gilmore out there? Especially the next two games at home? 

We need a pass rusher opposite Hutch. Cominsky, Harris, Okwara… they are decent. But they aren’t commanding double teams or winning their one on ones. I hope James Houston gets back soon and we stop trying to turn him into a LB. 

Overall, 7-2 is damn good and I like the position they are in. The team determines their destiny. Win and in. But they still have things to clean up. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, joeybrowner47 said:

Hey guys I come in peace. Just wanted to say what a blast your team is to watch. Watching Green Bay fans finally understand what it is to not have a hall of fame quarterback is sooo delicious! No matter who wins the division I’ll be cheering for a superbowl. See you soon

Respect. You guys are making a run at the playoffs after a bad start. Kudos. 👏🏽 See you week 16. 

1 hour ago, Louis Friend said:

Some pros of the game-

Nice balance of Monty & Gibbs touches.

Nice blocks by our young guys (Jamo, LaPorta, Gibbs) on key plays. 

Nice plays by our rooks on defense (Campbell, Branch, Martin). 

Nice INT by Kerby

GW kick by Patterson 

Amon-Ra continues to be a dawg!

Campbell has balls of steel. 

After starting 0-7 on 3rd down, went 4-6 on 3rd down to close out the game. 

No turnovers. I said this game would come to turnovers. We got one, they didn’t. 

Some cons of the game-

We still need a receiver besides ARSB to step up. our offense seems to stagnate at times when the opposing team locks up Saint. It’s going to happen more often in the postseason. 

Red zone offense needs addressing. 2-4 in the redzone today. One possession we turned it over on downs. That cannot happen. We need points inside the 20. 

We need corners. Badly. Sutton is good but he cannot do it alone. He’s been playing every snap in every game. Why not try Gilmore out there? Especially the next two games at home? 

We need a pass rusher opposite Hutch. Cominsky, Harris, Okwara… they are decent. But they aren’t commanding double teams or winning their one on ones. I hope James Houston gets back soon and we stop trying to turn him into a LB. 

Overall, 7-2 is damn good and I like the position they are in. The team determines their destiny. Win and in. But they still have things to clean up. 

Hutch needs to learn some More moves too