Week 10: Browns at Ratbirds GDT

MWil23

Who wins?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Scrabble vs Grossi as the GOAT Cleveland pessimist troll
    • Mike vs showing up after wins
    • Watson vs a timely shoulder “reinjury”
    • Delusional fans vs complaining about Kevin Stefanski, AKA Alpha Silver Fox
    • The Browns vs a 4 game losing streak against Baltimore
    • The first place 7-2 Ravens

11 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

Same here...

Both Peaky Blinders and Yellowstone came highly recommended to me by a million friends - I *love* Westerns, and I *love* gangster movies. 

I dont know why, but neither hit the mark for me. Peaky Blinders I thought I'd absolutely love, and was vibing it for a while, and then just suddenly stopped caring. 

Yellowstone was better, not great.

If you like Westerns check out the Yellowstone prequel series, 1883 and 1923.  They’re both like, exponentially better than Yellowstone.  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

Same here...

Both Peaky Blinders and Yellowstone came highly recommended to me by a million friends - I *love* Westerns, and I *love* gangster movies. 

I dont know why, but neither hit the mark for me. Peaky Blinders I thought I'd absolutely love, and was vibing it for a while, and then just suddenly stopped caring. 

💯 on both counts of westerns and gangster here.

Maybe it was because Peaky Blinders was billed as “Dude you HAVE TO watch this show, you of all people will love it!” as opposed to if someone told me “It’s a decent watch if you’re bored” and then my expectations would have been lower and perhaps I’d have been more fair.

Basically how I went going into Sons of Anarchy and I enjoyed that ridiculously absurd ride for some reason.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

💯 on both counts of westerns and gangster here.

Maybe it was because Peaky Blinders was billed as “Dude you HAVE TO watch this show, you of all people will love it!” as opposed to if someone told me “It’s a decent watch if you’re bored” and then my expectations would have been lower and perhaps I’d have been more fair.

Basically how I went going into Sons of Anarchy and I enjoyed that ridiculously absurd ride for some reason.

That was me and Vikings, and i’m a high school history teacher. Everyone said i’d love it and I just couldn’t get through it.

But I found The Last Kingdom on my own (same time period but way less hyped and publicized in initial seasons) and ended up loving it

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

That was me and Vikings, and i’m a high school history teacher. Everyone said i’d love it and I just couldn’t get through it.

But I found The Last Kingdom on my own (same time period but way less hyped and publicized in initial seasons) and ended up loving it

Man same lol.

Vikings was good until Ragnar…

The Last Kingdom was far more enjoyable.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

I was a HS history teacher for almost 15 years bro. A colleague recommended PB to me so all the more reason I was surprised I didn’t like it.

The Last Kingdom was great. Uhtred of Bebbanburg was a fair depiction of the England unification process.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Destiny is all

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I was a HS history teacher for almost 15 years bro. A colleague recommended PB to me so all the more reason I was surprised I didn’t like it.

The Last Kingdom was great. Uhtred of Bebbanburg was a fair depiction of the England unification process.

The absolute best part of that series was Tom Wambsgan as Uhtred’s dad in the pilot 😂 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Can’t figure out how to post gifs from my phone but i’ve got one for you tomorrow morning for this

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I watched the Outlaw King and from a historical perspective it was pretty spot on. A lot of people didn’t like that movie but it was much more accurate than Braveheart. I will say I got about 30 minutes into previewing it and was like “Noooooot gonna be able to show this one in class…” and that was before the Chris Pine penis scene.

Just now, Ray Reed said:

Can’t figure out how to post gifs from my phone but i’ve got one for you tomorrow morning for this

Go to the gif via Google and “copy/copy URL”.

Then down at the bottom of this page go to the “insert image from url”.

Hit “paste”

It will embed and appear