2024 Offseason Thread: Dodgers Betting Big On Ohtani

hrubes20

On 2/19/2024 at 1:17 PM, BullsandBroncos said:

Has an athlete ever hated their own sport this much?

Nikola Jokic is probably the best NBA player right now. Also...

"Denver Nuggets Star Nikola Jokic Continues To Hate Basketball, Says He Only Played “A Couple Of Times” Over The Summer"

https://www.whiskeyriff.com/2023/10/03/denver-nuggets-star-nikola-jokic-continues-to-hate-basketball-says-he-only-played-a-couple-of-times-over-the-summer/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

Wyatt Langford is breaking camp with the Rangers.  That is insane.  Kid is so good.

Yeah, I am still high on Max Clark but mad the Tigers passed on Langford for him.  I doubt Clark and McGonigle combined are greater than Langford which is the "reasoning" people use to validate not picking him.   

Perfect storm of the streaming rights, which was the biggest boom of the last decade, being threatened.  

What’s going to hurt Snell or Monty the most is if one of them goes down with TJ or a rotator cuff issue.  I always think pitchers should take the most that they get offered, especially now.  

I think Chapman and Bellinger will make out fine 

On 3/26/2024 at 3:33 PM, Sllim Pickens said:

Yeah, I am still high on Max Clark but mad the Tigers passed on Langford for him.  I doubt Clark and McGonigle combined are greater than Langford which is the "reasoning" people use to validate not picking him.   

Still could end up fine for Detroit, but yeah, Langford looking like he is a bona fide superstar has to hurt.

We knew the 2023 draft was deep, but man, that class is looking absurd.  

On 3/26/2024 at 11:33 PM, DirtyDez said:

D’Backs get Montgomery for 1/25.  RIP Scott Boras. 

Boras truly did have an awful offseason.  

43 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Still could end up fine for Detroit, but yeah, Langford looking like he is a bona fide superstar has to hurt.

We knew the 2023 draft was deep, but man, that class is looking absurd.  

Boras truly did have an awful offseason.  

I am sure we will be ok with Clark eventually but we could use Langford over Canha right now in our OF and batting 3rd/4th.  We have no power in our lineup and he sure would help, especially in a year in which the AL central is up for grabs and we have a solid rotation. 

As for Boras, I do feel like the league had a vendetta against him this year.  Guys like Josh Hader, Eduardo Rodriguez, Aaron Nola etc signed four or more year deals this offseason.  Even guys like Sonny Gray, Matt Chapman, Seth Lugo and Jeimer Candalario signed 3 year deals.  Seems fishy the Boras clients got well below number of years and AAV for guys who were expected to sign for more.  I know collusion is a serious accusation but seems fair here.