Eagles Fantasy Football: 2018 (league full, kick rocks)

Jroc04

3 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

So @Jroc04....Meco getting the boot? He still has Greg Olsen in his starting lineup (IR since week 3) and is currently starting AP on his bye. Either one of these positions would have given him the win this week.

He's not the only one though. Ian's had Davante Parker in his lineup for the past 3 weeks as well and only lost by 5pts last week. Unfortunately that what happens with some owners.

2 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

giphy.gif

Isn't.....isnt that.......isnt that kind of.....the um point of trading???

I'm not trying to gut my core for a QB. I'm interested in Wilson but I'm not giving up two potential keepers in Kamara and Brown for him - and Engram will likely match the production of Kelce going forward. 

What's wrong with a player for player swap? You need a keeper I need a QB. Why throw the other players in?

4 hours ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

I'm not trying to gut my core for a QB. I'm interested in Wilson but I'm not giving up two potential keepers in Kamara and Brown for him - and Engram will likely match the production of Kelce going forward. 

What's wrong with a player for player swap? You need a keeper I need a QB. Why throw the other players in?

Who are you willing to give straight up for Wilson? Send me an offer. 

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Just a Heads up. Nano Bubbles and I will be playing 6 vs 6 this week unless he changes his line up. Being he hasn't swapped Olsen out in weeks, that's probably the likely match-up??

Why are you sitting people?

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:
4 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Just a Heads up. Nano Bubbles and I will be playing 6 vs 6 this week unless he changes his line up. Being he hasn't swapped Olsen out in weeks, that's probably the likely match-up??

Why are you sitting people?

Only until he changes his lineup? I'm playing the season out despite my IR/record but I'm not going to automatically pick up a Win (messing up draft positioning) because  he's intentionally left 1/2 his team out? 

How is that fair to me next year? If I  beat him 6vs6 , so be it. Or vice versa! Hell you can see I'm still picking up legit replacements via FA. Not like I'm tanking on purpose.

I figured if I post this early enough there wouldn't be any excuses it shouldn't get changed.

Huh. lol

As a commissioner and participant in the league I don't expect anyone to throw games on purpose. Meco has clearly abondoned his team and will be replaced next year. He may or not be doing it on purpose but he'll be punished for it. What's the retribution for the rest of us if you are  not fielding a team on purpose? We all played Meco this year. And from what I know, we played the game straight up. 

Like, where does it stop? Can I just bench all my players for the year? Can I start inferior bench players over clear starters because I'm throwing the season? 

I just expect people to fill their starting lineups with their best possible players or projections and be on the level. My team is awful, my keepers are terrible so I made a trade to help myself next year. I'm not tanking but I'm being realistic about my chances. I'm trading away assets now in turn to get some possible young studs for next year and beyond. I just picked up Rawls because he's starting this week and put him in my lineup. 

I, for one, think it's bush league. Especially for a league that doesn't mean anything. I'm curious to hear what everyone else thinks.

27 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I, for one, think it's bush league. Especially for a league that doesn't mean anything. I'm curious to hear what everyone else thinks.

Agreed - nobody should be sitting people to pick up extra losses. This league literally means nothing - you get no money, no bragging righs because nobody gives a **** outside of 5 of us. Fill your damn roster regardless of who you're playing. 

Happy trading away Wilson for Kamara. 

My Keepers are looking stronger for next year. I can pick 3 out of these 4 now. Jordy Nelson, Kamara, Travis Kelce and Wentz.

That being said, I am willing to trade Nelson and Kelce for an top end WR keeper if that tickles anyone's fancy. (Yes, I phrased that in the most uncomfortable way possible)

5 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Huh. lol

As a commissioner and participant in the league I don't expect anyone to throw games on purpose. Meco has clearly abondoned his team and will be replaced next year. He may or not be doing it on purpose but he'll be punished for it. What's the retribution for the rest of us if you are  not fielding a team on purpose? We all played Meco this year. And from what I know, we played the game straight up. 

Like, where does it stop? Can I just bench all my players for the year? Can I start inferior bench players over clear starters because I'm throwing the season? 

I just expect people to fill their starting lineups with their best possible players or projections and be on the level. My team is awful, my keepers are terrible so I made a trade to help myself next year. I'm not tanking but I'm being realistic about my chances. I'm trading away assets now in turn to get some possible young studs for next year and beyond. I just picked up Rawls because he's starting this week and put him in my lineup. 

Then you should of been applying that to everyone. I'm not throwing the game, I'm just not projected to beat him by 60 at the moment anymore, just 8pts!! But where was this concern with Ian the past month who could have 2 more wins not playing Parker? Roll ?

If I was trying to tank I wouldn't still be picking up the best available Def and QB and RB the last two weeks possible? Wouldn't constantly be hitting waiver wire filling in for my Injuries? Could of easily flooded the market by dropping my players. That's tanking! Not playing a team with 10 vs 6?

Wanting to play a team on even grounds like I did last week vs Pete, shouldn't be a issue/problem? If I was tanking for positioning I easily could of done that last week, but I didn't !!!! Could of never picked up Minny D a week in advance and Big Ben this week. Left Carr as a starter on a bye, left Houston in the lineup. All kinds of Tanking moves if I was really trying!

If you guys want to Mitch and moan about Me just apply the same crap to others!! Not just when it doesn't help "You" get a Win yourselves in the standings. Ala Remix vs Roll last week?  Remix vs Ian week 6? Funny how nothing was mentioned by you then? Didn't see you demanding they fill their damn rosters? Wonder why?

Archived