Week 11 GDT: Bears vs. Lions

CBears019

39 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Sorry dude he is long gone this offseason...us or someone else...either way he is an HC next season

I would be pretty shocked if Harbaugh doesn't return to the NFL next season.  I'm guessing Bears are top destination based on draft capital, so wonder how that plays out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TankWilliams said:

I would be pretty shocked if Harbaugh doesn't return to the NFL next season.  I'm guessing Bears are top destination based on draft capital, so wonder how that plays out.

As long as we come away with Harbaugh or Johnson I will be happy...

Anyone else even Waldron or Slowik I would need to be sold on...if you can't secure one of the top two coaching candidates with so many resources then something is wrong.

38 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Fire. Flus. Now

There is no one on this staff worthy of an NFL HC job but we can not continue with Flus...it is a historical embarrassment. 

I've heard this is all developing as part of some sort of plan, and only needs more time, but honestly if this staff returns I think I'm going to have to watch something else/nothing. They're insultingly bad, and wasting fun games like this is they're standard. If they're the plan, it's a bad plan. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

I've heard this is all developing as part of some sort of plan, and only needs more time, but honestly if this staff returns I think I'm going to have to watch something else/nothing. They're insultingly bad, and wasting fun games like this is they're standard. If they're the plan, it's a bad plan. 

Two straight years of blowing 10+ point leads to the Lions

People will make excuses for Poles. "He was bullied into picking Eberflus. He was bullied into sinking all of these draft picks and all of this cash into the defense by Eberflus." If he's this easily bullied by others around him, hire another GM. Don't let this one **** up all of this cap space & draft capital

BUT, besides 2 coaches getting ax'd due to HR issues and the 5-23 record, the culture is good, so you never know

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

The problem with this plan for me is even if everything goes exactly to plan it sounds Flus wants to run the ball/control the clock/play good defence...this ain't the early 00s and as the Lions just showed the best teams can now score so quickly that it is incredibly tough to consistently win the way he wants too...

He is 20 years too late for this league.

• Like 1

It’s weird.  Part of me is super pissed at conservatism like giving up on 3rd and 7 just to kick a field goal.  Missing QB sneak on 3rd and then not trying it again on 4th.  

But also on Fields throwing bombs instead of trying to move chains with a lead.  

They just don’t know how to close out games.  

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Heard the same sort of thing from DJ Moore as well...players aren't dumb...they know Fields might not be some elite QB but they understand he is not the biggest problem with this franchise right now.

What did Eberflus say postgame? Someone tweeted that he never once took any blame and even blamed players

• Like 1

The end result was about the best case scenario for us, for the long term, when looking at draft considerations.

However, this loss REALLY hurt. The squad (and the fans) are all just dying to see success on the field, and we where what? 4/5ths of the way there today before finding a way to lose this game (historically lose this game, even).... This could have been a (or even THE) team defining win of the season... Even as one of the tank commanders, who's been gunning for a new QB next year, I was cheering hard for the team today to close it out. Terrible ending.

On the bright side, Fields played well today... Well enough to where you could even make the case to trade down to 2-3 and take MHJ.... A nice start, let's hope he can build upon it.

17 minutes ago, Epyon said:

The end result was about the best case scenario for us, for the long term, when looking at draft considerations.

However, this loss REALLY hurt. The squad (and the fans) are all just dying to see success on the field, and we where what? 4/5ths of the way there today before finding a way to lose this game (historically lose this game, even).... This could have been a (or even THE) team defining win of the season... Even as one of the tank commanders, who's been gunning for a new QB next year, I was cheering hard for the team today to close it out. Terrible ending.

On the bright side, Fields played well today... Well enough to where you could even make the case to trade down to 2-3 and take MHJ.... A nice start, let's hope he can build upon it.

4/5ths? Try like 95% of the way there. Yes it's good to have another high pick but like you said that one stung & the Bears never take difference makers anyhow. You don't get many chances to beat 8-2 teams on the road