Week 11 GDT: Bears vs. Lions

CBears019

So, ignoring the obvious anger around this loss: Fields played much better than anyone expected and did everything he needed to and more to win the game.  I'm actually optimistic that they will be able to trade him for a reasonably high pick this offseason.  There's still no chance in my mind he's the starter for the Bears in 2024, no new coaching staff is going to come in and not drool over the draft capital and the opportunity to start fresh at QB unless ownership forces the issue (dear god please no).  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

So, ignoring the obvious anger around this loss: Fields played much better than anyone expected and did everything he needed to and more to win the game.  I'm actually optimistic that they will be able to trade him for a reasonably high pick this offseason.  There's still no chance in my mind he's the starter for the Bears in 2024, no new coaching staff is going to come in and not drool over the draft capital and the opportunity to start fresh at QB unless ownership forces the issue (dear god please no).  

I agree, and I'm happy for Fields, he deserves to go somwhere where he'll have a chance and not this dickless staff.   And you can say this was best case scenario as our draft position just improved but losses like this just suck, they're demoralizing for the team and the fans, and even if this is supposedly part of some plan it shouldn't be acceptable to anyone.  Unfortunately the people who actually have anything to do with what's acceptable or not are pretty poor decision makers, and possibly as cowardly as the play callers.  

I really do think I'm done with this team if we get to the offseason and they decide to keep the coaches and let Fields walk.

7 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

I agree, and I'm happy for Fields, he deserves to go somwhere where he'll have a chance and not this dickless staff.   And you can say this was best case scenario as our draft position just improved but losses like this just suck, they're demoralizing for the team and the fans, and even if this is supposedly part of some plan it shouldn't be acceptable to anyone.  Unfortunately the people who actually have anything to do with what's acceptable or not are pretty poor decision makers, and possibly as cowardly as the play callers.  

I really do think I'm done with this team if we get to the offseason and they decide to keep the coaches and let Fields walk.

If they let Fields walk and keep this coaching staff I am done too. Fields is the closest thing we have had for a franchise QG, ever. To give up on him for ******* Eberlfus would be it.

52 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

NO WAY Flus is here after the season ...the only real question is whether or not Fluss finishes THIS season 

We hold all the cards, we can even keep JF one more year, let him build trade value even further with new regime/MHjr all while Caleb Williams sits and acclamates 

LOTS to soothe the sting of today ...Flus is dead man walking 

1 hour ago, TankWilliams said:

I'm just scared they're going to get rid of him and he's going to become a star else where and make the Bears organization pay dearly for giving up on him. I'm torn right now.

I understand that trying to pair JF with a potential new coaching staff may not be ideal, but Flus being fired is looking more and more probable with each week that passes, and if that's the case then they should not dictate to a new HC that he has to work with Fields, although at the same time it's not as if it can't be an option if said HC determines through their own evaluation that Fields is someone they would like to work with 

What they absolutely cannot do though is keep this coaching staff and move on from JF to draft a rookie. That'll be a big time mistake

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I'm just scared they're going to get rid of him and he's going to become a star else where and make the Bears organization pay dearly for giving up on him. I'm torn right now.

I understand that trying to pair JF with a potential new coaching staff may not be ideal, but Flus being fired is looking more and more probable with each week that passes, and if that's the case then they should not dictate to a new HC that he has to work with Fields, although at the same time it's not as if it can't be an option if said HC determines through their own evaluation that Fields is someone they would like to work with 

What they absolutely cannot do though is keep this coaching staff and move on from JF to draft a rookie. That'll be a big time mistake

agree, find the coach who can and wants to work with fields. shouldnt be hard. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dafreak said:

agree, find the coach who can and wants to work with fields. shouldnt be hard. 

I think they should just find the best coach period.

If that coach wants to work with Fields then great and if not then so be it and hopefully they have a top-2 pick to try and replace him

5 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I think they should just find the best coach period.

If that coach wants to work with Fields then great and if not then so be it and hopefully they have a top-2 pick to try and replace him

fields is not the problem, a lot depends on finding a coaching regime that can make him successful. no reason to reset.

So I think we can all agree that Fields played well today, and my snap reaction was that Fields did his job showing us he's on the path to being a franchise guy, but I'm actually reversing that stance after looking at the box score.

16/23 (69.5%) is good accuracy.... but a very low volume throwing day

169yrds and 1 TD.... The TD was a damn amazing ball, but 169 passing yards still ain't it.

Meanwhile Fields had more "carries" than any of our running backs (18 carries Fields, 16 Herbert, 6 each Roschon and Foreman), and had 31.6% more rushing yardage than ALL of our running backs combined.

He absolutely played well, and he absolutely wasn't the reason the team lost this game today..... but those also absolutely aren't "franchise QB" level stats, NOR are they sustainable stats. We just can't depend on him running that much. It's going to open the window to injuries, physical decline, and a short career that might even bite us before any theoretical extension ends.

Edited by Epyon

Jaylon Johnson missing that int was biggest single play of game.  14 pt. Swing. 

Really the defining coaching moment was running ball on 3rd and 7 to hurry up and kick a field goal. 

You feared a turnover that badly.  Flus lost because of Denver scars.  And Fields had something to do with that.  But still on Flus and Getsy.  Who made that call? 

Fields played well enough to win, but not great.  

One point he made on H&J I strongly agree with.

A lot can still happen between now and end of year in either direction.   

Also, but for maybe 2% of entire game Bears fans had to be pleased with that performance when many (including Bears fans) were predicting and expecting a blow out or at least a decisive Lions win.  

Just such an epic historic collapse left a terrible taste in everyone's mouth.