Week 11: San Francisco 49ers vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers

J-ALL-DAY

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

they'll have to bring someone in for sure. He has knowledge of the defense, though I never quite understood why so many people were so high on him. 

Right now the only backup I think is Odum, and I'm pretty sure we don't have anyone on the PS. 

Tayler Hawkins

• Like 3

My intention is not to be unsympathetic or anything, but when you look at the huf injury from a purely business perspective, you have to think this injury kills any chance of an extension prior to the season. 

Figure he's almost certainly starting the season on pup and missing the first quarter of the season at least

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

My intention is not to be unsympathetic or anything, but when you look at the huf injury from a purely business perspective, you have to think this injury kills any chance of an extension prior to the season. 

Figure he's almost certainly starting the season on pup and missing the first quarter of the season at least

I also wonder if they will attempt to bring back Gip? With Huf more than likely not ready for the first quarter of next season, some continuity and vet play would be great. 

Huf was also going to have surgery this offseason on his knee for the cyst or something similar. Would imagine, this will expedite. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Forge said:

Wonder if we offer him something like a 1 year, $5 million extension, depending how his rehab is going

Gives him a little security, big jump from his rookie deal, a chance to make more $ soon, but protects the team in case he can't come back to form 

23 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah that's what I was afraid of. He's most likely not going to get a deal where he gets extended. He'd really have to ball out coming off that injury. Maybe he'll want to stay if he gets the chance. 49ers are still kicking the tires on Jason Verrett.