Week 11 GDT : Los Angeles Chargers (4-5) @ Green Bay Packers (3-6)

Leader

Just now, incognito_man said:

Yeah I didn't get to watch the game so I missed it 

Did you get your Buck?  My buddy did.  Went out on the ATV helped tracked it down and drag it back to his truck.  Left a pile of guts on my trail tho.  Hopefully the coyotes will come eat em.  Got him right at dusk. 

4 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Did you get your Buck?  My buddy did.  Went out on the ATV helped tracked it down and drag it back to his truck.  Left a pile of guts on my trail tho.  Hopefully the coyotes will come eat em.  Got him right at dusk. 

We got 3/4 in our group so far. I haven't seen a 3.5yr old+ yet to take. Some decent 2.5yr old racks, but small deer this year so I held off.

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

Killing defensless deer. Tsk...tsk....

Nothing more cowardly in this world than someone who has no problem getting their meat from the grocery store to avoid the emotional toll of killing and processing the animal themself and criticizing a hunter who takes on the responsibility themself.

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Nothing more cowardly in this world than someone who has no problem getting their meat from the grocery store to avoid the emotional toll of killing and processing the animal themself and criticizing a hunter who takes on the responsibility themself.

if the meat is raised in a farm, the animal hates life so much that death is a good thing for it, checkmate

3 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

if the meat is raised in a farm, the animal hates life so much that death is a good thing for it, checkmate

I'm pretty sure you're joking and thankfully it's rare running across people with the cognitive dissonance who are totally fine buying bacon at the grocery store from a pig separated from its screaming, smarter than a dog, mother at birth on a a factory farm that pollutes every nearby watershed and wrecks the topsoil of every field used to unnaturally fatten it and have the unjustifiable indignation to call out a hunter who stoically, respectfully and consciously participates in the entire process of harvesting and processing every part of a free, mature wild animal.

It's not completely absent from occurrence, but it's pretty rare.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure you're joking and thankfully it's rare running across people with the cognitive dissonance who are totally fine buying bacon at the grocery store from a pig separated from its screaming, smarter than a dog, mother at birth on a a factory farm that pollutes every nearby watershed and wrecks the topsoil of every field used to unnaturally fatten it and have the unjustifiable indignation to call out a hunter who stoically, respectfully and consciously participates in the entire process of harvesting and processing every part of a free, mature wild animal.

I saw it once.  Marisa Tomei in My Cousin Vinny.

I was definitely joking.  While I'm no vegan, I'd 100% support shutting down factory farms.  What I've seen in those is disgusting, and that's just from documentaries which won't show the worst of it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

I was definitely joking.  While I'm no vegan, I'd 100% support shutting down factory farms.  What I've seen in those is disgusting, and that's just from documentaries which won't show the worst of it.

Same. I try to get the bulk of my animal products from wild game and then supplement with regenerative, humane local farm products.

I definitely consume factory farmed products occasionally, it's hard to avoid unless it becomes part of your identity. 

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Same. I try to get the bulk of my animal products from wild game and then supplement with regenerative, humane local farm products.

I definitely consume factory farmed products occasionally, it's hard to avoid unless it becomes part of your identity. 

its impossible to fully avoid.  If more and more people do put some effort in it will slowly lead to change.  

• Like 2