Week 11 GDT: Titans(3-6) @ Jaguars(6-3)

TitanSlim

3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Of course I am. It’s stupid to watch this offense since he was hurt and pretend like he was the issue. Even this year specifically. He needed to be benched because there’s no point starting a 35 year old QB with a terrible supporting cast that’s just going to get him hurt again.

there's not a soul on here who thinks tannehill was *the* issue and that the offense was going to magically become awesome once he was gone. you know this, i assume, but are pretending otherwise because you feel like dying on that hill i guess. it was obviously stupid to go into this season with an ancient QB who has been playing middling football.

10 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

What absolute nonsense KT, this fanbase started calling for his head after the Bengals game and never stopped.

Acting like the Saints game was when everyone turned on him is ridiculous.

Of course his time was up. Look at how much better the offense has gotten without him’. Three deep passes in 3 1/2 weeks of football. Virtually no sustained drives. Bad on third down. Terrible in plus territory. Tannehill was obviously the problem. Really holding the team back for sure.

I never said Tannehill was the problem. I said his time was done. 

Do I and 90%  maybe more of the fanbase want to roll with a younger QB with promise over an 35 year old QB that has obviously declined? Yes. 

And yes. I know I was done with him after the Bengals game. But still was optimistic the next season, hoping maybe he would rebound somehow. He didn't. 

Even this year I felt we made enough changes that he'd get back to a respectable level. 

He crap the bed. Is it all his fault, no.

But I'm not gonna act like I'm not happy he isn't playing anymore. 

The team doesn't have the support around the position to help any QB. And with all that is needed for Tannehill to have even a respectable level of play currently is not gonna happen. 

Just give the rookie the ball and see what happens. 

But it's not surprising that every throw by him is criticized because hardly anyone here wanted him for their own reasons be it what they saw or what they believe.

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

I don’t think anyone seriously thinks that Tanny was the issue or even a big issue this year 

He is/was just QB purgatory and there was no reason he needed to even be on the team this year given the state of our roster and org 

I think they did though. But I’m completely fine with the second paragraph. We should’ve moved on this offseason once we decided to roll with this OL. The whole offseason philosophy of chasing seven or eight wins was rough. Though even that seems optimistic now lol.

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

But it's not surprising that every throw by him is criticized because hardly anyone here wanted him for their own reasons be it what they saw or what they believe.

I’ll stop with the Tannehill stuff because what’s the point anymore?

But this is silly. People were building statues for Levis after two starts. He’s been bad the last two weeks. I hope he stops being bad. Because the offense wouldn’t have been any worse with Willis over the last six quarters.

Just now, titans0021 said:

I think they did though. But I’m completely fine with the second paragraph. We should’ve moved on this offseason once we decided to roll with this OL. The whole offseason philosophy of chasing seven or eight wins was rough. Though even that seems optimistic now lol.

Nobody thought he was the problem on his own. 

He just wasn't part of the solution. He gave us no hope. His abilities had obviously detriroted. 

Why not move onto someone that might be the future. 

Just now, Kookie23 said:

We get mad at our defense every week (and they deserve it sometimes cause Vrabel is **** at getting them ready) but tbh if our offense could just sustain like . . . 4 drives, they'd probably be pretty good.

People here act like the defense is atrocious just for it to be the 10th best scoring defense in football. Very bend but don't break.

If SMB can get back next week healthy should be decent, assuming health remains.

But yeah, getting no help from the offense right now.