Game 11: Green Bay Packers (4-6) @ Detroit Lions (8-2)

Louis Friend

Turkey day!!! 

Lions are 8-2 for the first time since JFK was president. 🥹 They almost looked past the Bears, so I don’t think they’ll do it again on Thursday. 

Let’s get win #9 and secure a winning record on the season. Would also be the Lions 8th straight divisional win. 💪🏿

1 minute ago, detfan782004 said:

That's what a lot of people were saying about Chicago.

They have talent on offense it's just raw 

On 11/12/2023 at 9:48 PM, nagahide13 said:

Trap game. If Fields is back he might run for a ton and we struggle with guys like DJ Moore and Cole Kmet. We should win by a lot. I'm not worried. But we might lose!

19 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

I have the strangest feeling that we lose this game. It could just be PTSD though. I haven't quite accepted that we're actually good yet.

Not me though!

Obviously the Thanksgiving game has a special importance and nostalgia for all of us.  Just the shear awesomeness off the great guilt free lazy day while getting to eat good and watch football.  It’s been very rare however to be truly excited about just the game itself.  I’m pumped for this game , I’m pumped for this day, I’m pumped for this weekend.  Go Lions Go Blue Beat the Pack Beat Ohio. 

• Like 3

On 11/20/2023 at 4:38 AM, Louis Friend said:

I think Chicago was a wake up call not to get ahead of themselves. Lions will be focused on Thursday. 

Agreed.  It was the perfect game to look past, and Chicago almost snuck one by them.  With how 50/50 Green Bay has been all year, I'm expecting the Lions to win by 2+ scores.

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Agreed.  It was the perfect game to look past, and Chicago almost snuck one by them.  With how 50/50 Green Bay has been all year, I'm expecting the Lions to win by 2+ scores.

Is Aaron Jones expected to be out? I saw Christian Watson father on social media blasting Packer fans. Has Watson been that bad? 

3 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Is Aaron Jones expected to be out? I saw Christian Watson father on social media blasting Packer fans. Has Watson been that bad? 

I don't think we've heard an official diagnosis, but the belief is he's going to be out for at least a few weeks.  And given how conservative the Packers' medical staff is, he's not going to play Thursday.

As for Watson, I think the best way to describe him is inconsistent.  Which, ironically has been the story of the year with the Packers' offense.  Jordan Love put up arguably his best game of the year against the Chargers last week, but that needs to be taken into context as the Chargers have arguably the worst pass defense in the league.  But that's largely a byproduct of having such a young offense.  I think the expectations were very high for Watson with the way he finished last year (31 receptions and 7 TDs over his last 8 games), and he's been just okay.  I don't think he has that connection with Jordan Love quite the way Romeo Doubs or Dontayvion Wicks seem to have shown.  But his ability to stretch the defense can't be understated.

• Like 2