Game 11: Green Bay Packers (4-6) @ Detroit Lions (8-2)

Louis Friend

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I don't think we've heard an official diagnosis, but the belief is he's going to be out for at least a few weeks.  And given how conservative the Packers' medical staff is, he's not going to play Thursday.

As for Watson, I think the best way to describe him is inconsistent.  Which, ironically has been the story of the year with the Packers' offense.  Jordan Love put up arguably his best game of the year against the Chargers last week, but that needs to be taken into context as the Chargers have arguably the worst pass defense in the league.  But that's largely a byproduct of having such a young offense.  I think the expectations were very high for Watson with the way he finished last year (31 receptions and 7 TDs over his last 8 games), and he's been just okay.  I don't think he has that connection with Jordan Love quite the way Romeo Doubs or Dontayvion Wicks seem to have shown.  But his ability to stretch the defense can't be understated.

I’m high on Watson. He has great ability but inconsistency has been a knock since college. I think once he puts it together, he can do some real damage. 

I hope he waits a few more days before that happens though 😂

27 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I’m high on Watson. He has great ability but inconsistency has been a knock since college. I think once he puts it together, he can do some real damage. 

I hope he waits a few more days before that happens though 😂

I wouldn't anticipate that happens this week unless the Packers' OL suddenly figure out how to block the Lions' DL.  The Lions' DL ate the Packers' OL last game.  Love was always under pressure in that game.  And outside of Zach Tom, I'm not sure there's anyone on that OL that I trust to protect Love.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I wouldn't anticipate that happens this week unless the Packers' OL suddenly figure out how to block the Lions' DL.  The Lions' DL ate the Packers' OL last game.  Love was always under pressure in that game.  And outside of Zach Tom, I'm not sure there's anyone on that OL that I trust to protect Love.

I have no idea what to expect from the D-Line.  They should have had more success against Chicago but nobody outside of Aidan Hutchinson really showed out.  The Lions D-Line should have the advantage again.  Hopefully it leads to better production.

Last year we went into Thanksgiving 4-6, hoping to play the Bills tough and show the world that the Lions were no longer trash. 😏

This year, the Lions are going into Thanksgiving 8-2 (their best start in 61 years), with the second best record in the NFL, trying to clinch their first division title in 30+ years. 🥹

Happy Lions Football holiday, ladies & gents 🦃😎

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Louis Friend said:

Last year we went into Thanksgiving 4-6, hoping to play the Bills tough and show the world that the Lions were no longer trash. 😏

This year, the Lions are going into Thanksgiving 8-2 (their best start in 61 years), with the second best record in the NFL, trying to clinch their first division title in 30+ years. 🥹

Happy Lions Football holiday, ladies & gents 🦃😎

Crazy times we live in, lol.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

F_kT435W8AAk-xH?format=jpg&name=medium

From the Packers forum ^

OUT

• Aaron Jones
  • Darnell Savage
  • Luke Musgrave (IR)
  • Emanuel Wilson (IR)

DOUBTFUL

• Josiah Deguara, TE (DNP)

QUESTIONABLE

• Devondre Campbell - FP
  • Jaire Alexander - LP
  • AJ Dillon - LP
  • Rudy Ford - LP
  • Dontayvion Wicks - LP

https://www.packers.com/news/packers-sign-wr-bo-melton-rb-james-robinson-to-active-roster-2023

SIGNED/TO ACTIVE ROSTER

• Bo Melton, WR
  • James Robinson, RB
  • Henry Pearson, FB
  • Benny Sapp, S

Edited by Karnage84