DTR vs Joe Flaco

hornbybrown

DTR of Flaco  

15 members have voted

1. 1. DTR of Flaco

• DTR
    • Flaco

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

PJ and DTR are HORRIBLE. I’m not sure we can reach another level with Joe Flacco but I think we have seen the ceiling with the other two guys and it’s not enough.

I don't think we've seen DTR's ceiling, that doesn't mean you won't have to bend over not to hit your head when he reaches it but he hasn't been out there much.

Flacco's ceiling was 11 years ago, so while it was certainly high enough not to have to stoop, it's caving in and shouldn't be trusted.

PJ's ceiling has mice scooting on their bellies to get to the cheese.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Flacco can be our Trent dilfer/ brad Johnson. That’s all he has to be. Our defense is that good. I think he can at least make calls at the line of scrimmage which can help our oline. Something dtr and Walker don’t have nearly enough experience to do. 

We aren't winning with a Dilfer performance. The league is too strong.

13 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

We aren't winning with a Dilfer performance. The league is too strong.

I don’t think it is. This is some of the weakest qb play we’ve ever seen. This defense is 2000 ravens 2002 bucs level. All we need is a qb who isn’t going to constantly go 3 and out. 

5 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I don’t think it is. This is some of the weakest qb play we’ve ever seen. This defense is 2000 ravens 2002 bucs level. All we need is a qb who isn’t going to constantly go 3 and out. 

I don't think they are that level. They are very good and can be great at times but I don't think we can count on them shutting down every offense they meet in the playoffs. We caught the 49ers during their skid (injuries) and did very well. Other than that the only good offense they faced were the Ravens and gave up 27 and 31 points. The Bengals game almost counts because we thought it would at the time but even with Burrow I don't know if they were good this year.

28 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I don't think they are that level. They are very good and can be great at times but I don't think we can count on them shutting down every offense they meet in the playoffs. We caught the 49ers during their skid (injuries) and did very well. Other than that the only good offense they faced were the Ravens and gave up 27 and 31 points. The Bengals game almost counts because we thought it would at the time but even with Burrow I don't know if they were good this year.

I doubt the NFL will ever see a ravens or Bears defense again. They want points scored. They don’t want 3 and outs.  If they called defensive holding in 2000 like they do now, Dilfer doesn’t have an SB ring. I’m not even going to add in the BS stuff we all see each week

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

we might not be there all time but I think we are relative to this season. 

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Part of it is because we’re still missing a super dominant MIKE linebacker to be the “face” of the defense.

If we had a Fred Warner / Roquan Smith, the perception would change.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Also, to help put the defense in context-

Our offense has turned the ball over the 2nd most in the entire NFL. 23 times in 11 games is insane.

Yeah the defense is championship caliber. If the offense can just be average we'd at least have a shot.

I think our offense can be average, but not consistently enough to roll through all of the playoff teams.

That said, It would be awesome if we did. I'd much rather it happen without Watson as the face of our franchise so lets make "is Joe Flacco elite" again!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Flacco can be our Trent dilfer/ brad Johnson. That’s all he has to be. Our defense is that good. I think he can at least make calls at the line of scrimmage which can help our oline. Something dtr and Walker don’t have nearly enough experience to do. 

Idk man.

Johnson had 22 TD/6 INT and a 93 QB rating in 2002.

Dilfer maybe, he was like 1:1 and a sub 60% comp.  Not sure our defense is that good and the league is different.

I agree in general we’re gonna be able to be competitive if we can just get meh QB play.

This is definitely a situation that requires us to catch "lightning in a bottle" with Flacco.  I wonder if Stef will tweak the offense a bit to cater to Joe's strengths.  We know he is a statue back there, so I would hope quick, precise throws is what we should be looking for.  Also, I think Flacco sells the play action really well (if memory serves me correct) which should play into our game plan.

28 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

This is definitely a situation that requires us to catch "lightning in a bottle" with Flacco.  I wonder if Stef will tweak the offense a bit to cater to Joe's strengths.  We know he is a statue back there, so I would hope quick, precise throws is what we should be looking for.  Also, I think Flacco sells the play action really well (if memory serves me correct) which should play into our game plan.

Stefanski hasn’t adjusted his offense for any qb. Hes not going to change it for Flacco. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Stefanski hasn’t adjusted his offense for any qb. Hes not going to change it for Flacco. 

Nope and you cant adjust your offense on a week to week basis depending on who is the QB that week. Thats why you get guys with similar playstyles at QB down the depth chart--which makes the signing of Joe Flacco and not somebody like RG3 even more perplexing. Flacco just doesnt fit what this offense requires from the QB, most notably mobility.

We had Watson/DTR/Dobbs on the roster in preseason. They all have mobility and a similar skillset to run the offense as designed. Now we are jamming a statue QB from 2010 into this offense. I just dont see it going well but I will be happily surprised if it does.

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

Nope and you cant adjust your offense on a week to week basis depending on who is the QB that week. Thats why you get guys with similar playstyles at QB down the depth chart--which makes the signing of Joe Flacco and not somebody like RG3 even more perplexing. Flacco just doesnt fit what this offense requires from the QB, most notably mobility.

We had Watson/DTR/Dobbs on the roster in preseason. They all have mobility and a similar skillset to run the offense as designed. Now we are jamming a statue QB from 2010 into this offense. I just dont see it going well but I will be happily surprised if it does.

Lmao RGIII?!?!

Dude hasn’t played since ‘20.

Since 2016 he’s thrown 58 passes, 4 of which were interceptions.

Jesus Christ… lol