Tanking

Big T

With the benching of Zach Wilson the Jets have made the decision to tank the rest of the season. Are you aware that the Jets are second in the league in red zone drops with 20? How is Zach responsible for that? That the Jets field 7 different starting OL in 11 games and the game against the Bills they gave up 6 sacks and 9-11  QB pressures.

Say what you like about Zach, I'm not an apologist for him, but when you bench a guy who's getting beat up, and your own players are helping you lose particularly on the offensive side of the ball. 

It says to me, not that you have more confidence in Boyles, if that was the case Boyles would have been starting over Zach day one, no this say's we're giving up on the season. 

With the move to Boyles, and I believe an implosion, it will not be long before T.Sieman is on the clock. The guy as bad as he is, is the guy you just benched in favor of what? So here we have the Jets making a move that makes absolutely no sense.

This is a team TANKING, this is a team which could have and should have made a move for a legit backup QB, name who you will. But if you think for one moment, the current regime is making a change in hopes of beating Miami your sadly mistaken. 

The Jets may not win another game all season, not with this offense, not with this OC, not with this HC. Can the Jets eek out another win? If they do, it will be on the backs of the defensive unit.

But considering the current state of affairs surrounding the N.Y.JETS, the only thing we fans have to look forward to is where we draft in 2024.

3 hours ago, Big T said:

It says to me, not that you have more confidence in Boyles, if that was the case Boyles would have been starting over Zach day one, no this say's we're giving up on the season. 

It says to me that we need to try something different.  I credit Saleh for hanging in as long as he could with Zach, but he risks losing the entire team if SOMETHING is not done.  I am starting to think the D is giving up as evident by their poor play against Buffalo.  This could be a spark.  Do I expect him be better than Zach, not really.  But this is the rare case of change for the sake of change being a good thing.

3 hours ago, Big T said:

Say what you like about Zach, I'm not an apologist for him, but when you bench a guy who's getting beat up, and your own players are helping you lose particularly on the offensive side of the ball. 

Zach is far from THE problem but he is A problem.  The issue is you can't bench the entire OL.  Another being lack of WR options - we have none.  Then there is the OC.  I would have prefered the OC be fired along with the Zach benching.  

54 minutes ago, xrade said:

It says to me that we need to try something different.  I credit Saleh for hanging in as long as he could with Zach, but he risks losing the entire team if SOMETHING is not done.  I am starting to think the D is giving up as evident by their poor play against Buffalo.  This could be a spark.  Do I expect him be better than Zach, not really.  But this is the rare case of change for the sake of change being a good thing.

Zach is far from THE problem but he is A problem.  The issue is you can't bench the entire OL.  Another being lack of WR options - we have none.  Then there is the OC.  I would have prefered the OC be fired along with the Zach benching.  

OK I AGREE WITH XRADE, HOW DID WE GET INTO THIS CRAZY WR PROBLEM. HOW CAN YOU HOPE TO WIN WHEN YOU ARE PLAYING WITH ONE WR AND, AND BUNCH OF GARBAGE THAT WE PICKED UP OFF THE STREET. HOW MANY NFL TEAMS WOULD HAVE STUCK WITH ZACH WILSON AS LONG A THE JETS DID. THREE OTHER SUPER HIGH FIRST ROUND AT QB; FROM OTHER TEAMS THAT FAILED WHER GONE IN TWO YEARS. WHY THIS CRAZY LOVE AFFAIR WITH ZACH WILSON WITH THE JOHNSON BROS.

Just now, doumeyer said:

OK I AGREE WITH XRADE, HOW DID WE GET INTO THIS CRAZY WR PROBLEM. HOW CAN YOU HOPE TO WIN WHEN YOU ARE PLAYING WITH ONE WR AND, AND BUNCH OF GARBAGE THAT WE PICKED UP OFF THE STREET. HOW MANY NFL TEAMS WOULD HAVE STUCK WITH ZACH WILSON AS LONG A THE JETS DID. THREE OTHER SUPER HIGH FIRST ROUND AT QB; FROM OTHER TEAMS THAT FAILED WHER GONE IN TWO YEARS. WHY THIS CRAZY LOVE AFFAIR WITH ZACH WILSON WITH THE JOHNSON BROS.

Just to give you some perspective on T.Boyles, he was drafted by G.B. in 2018 and in 2021 played (started) 3 games for the Lions. Here we are 2 years later and he's starting again. IF your counting that's 3 starts in 5 years and hasn't started a game in 2 years.

This is the guy the Jets are hoping to give them some type of shot in the arm offensively. What is offensive is the fact that those who are pulling the strings have a notion that the fan base is so gullible.

Tim Boyles means only one thing, the Jets management have given up on the season. Even if A.R. returns it would be criminal to allow him to play under the current conditions of our OL and WR room, even if he is Houdini with the rock.

6 hours ago, Big T said:

Tim Boyles means only one thing, the Jets management have given up on the season

This is very far off the mark. Boyles is nothing more than changing something that is not working. That is it. If the Jets were tanking, you might see some phantom injuries to their better players. Do I need to mention that players do not like to tank? What message does that send to the current team or any potential FA’s?  Tanking in FB is almost non existent. This ain’t the NBA or soccer. 

Allow me remind you 

Just to give you some perspective on T.Boyles, he was drafted by G.B. in 2018 and in 2021 played (started) 3 games for the Lions. Here we are 2 years later and he's starting again. IF your counting that's 3 starts in 5 years and hasn't started a game in 2 years.

You have to take a QB at this point. It’s possible none of the top guys drop… in fact, they will probably trade back to recuperate the 2nd round pick. But if they are in position, have to take Caleb or Levis. Hopefully there is a top tackle that can slide in immediately though.

On 11/22/2023 at 7:01 AM, Big T said:

With the benching of Zach Wilson the Jets have made the decision to tank the rest of the season. Are you aware that the Jets are second in the league in red zone drops with 20? How is Zach responsible for that? That the Jets field 7 different starting OL in 11 games and the game against the Bills they gave up 6 sacks and 9-11  QB pressures.

With the move to Boyles, and I believe an implosion, it will not be long before T.Sieman is on the clock. The guy as bad as he is, is the guy you just benched in favor of what? So here we have the Jets making a move that makes absolutely no sense.

This is a team TANKING, this is a team which could have and should have made a move for a legit backup QB, name who you will. But if you think for one moment, the current regime is making a change in hopes of beating Miami your sadly mistaken. 

The Jets may not win another game all season, not with this offense, not with this OC, not with this HC. Can the Jets eek out another win? If they do, it will be on the backs of the defensive unit.

But considering the current state of affairs surrounding the N.Y.JETS, the only thing we fans have to look forward to is where we draft in 2024.

Thanks for the 2nd round pick.  Let the tank begin!

7 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

Lmao, one Love win and GB fans are back on our board.

It’s quite likely they will be in the playoffs though with Love depending on that Minnesota game upcoming. GB is farther along. Even Sean Payton is having the last laugh. Will the Jets even be in decent cap position this off season, or will Rogers defer everything again?