Tanking

Big T

3 hours ago, WheatieMan said:

It’s quite likely they will be in the playoffs though with Love depending on that Minnesota game upcoming. GB is farther along. Even Sean Payton is having the last laugh. Will the Jets even be in decent cap position this off season, or will Rogers defer everything again?

We beat Broncos so we need to beat GB to wash off whatever disease Jets have.    Yeah!

3 hours ago, WheatieMan said:

It’s quite likely they will be in the playoffs though with Love depending on that Minnesota game upcoming. GB is farther along. Even Sean Payton is having the last laugh. Will the Jets even be in decent cap position this off season, or will Rogers defer everything again?

The Jets are going to be really bad for the next few years 

You know, perhaps the tanking label is wrong on my behalf. If your going to lose, lose with the best QB you have on the team which is Zach. I'm no Zach apologist.

It seems to me Saleh is making changes to just make changes, he sits Zach, but not only sits him regulates him to 3rd string after speaking glowingly of the improvements he's seen, his hard work ethic, and a few adjustments he has to make (sorry Saleh's credibility is shot).

Now understand this, the red zone issues are not only on the QB, there have been 20 drops by the WR's in the Red Zone second only to , now get this K.C. guess they will regulate Mahomes to third string huh?

He sits Lazard who has a guaranteed 2nd year and by every measurable standard is a sub par WR, slow, and without the speed to separate from defenders. But a healthy scratch? Guess that will teach him to drop passes and be mediocre.

No, no, no, this is not a tank, this is absolutely panic coaching, this is a coach with no idea's and no solutions, who's hands are tied and who's future is tied to A.R. 

The Jets made the mistake of allowing A.R. to run the offseason with the hiring of the OC, signing Lazard( its also rumored to have Hacketts approval) and the list goes on. Now the current regime of coaches because of A.R. are untouchable. 

Woody Johnson should go in and say, lose the rest of the year and were moving on A.R. or not, Joe Douglass had better hit a homer this off season or his butt will be packing too. His OL backups are terrible, the current lineup of OL in Becton and AVT have lost years to injury. 

The Jets need so much on offense, the Jets need to make a total overhaul.

2 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Indefinitely. The Rodgers experiment and if we decide to keep him will prove to be a gigantic mistake and we will be bottom 5 every single year. Should just clean house now and if Rodgers doesn’t like it he can go too. He won’t win here. 

2 hours ago, Big T said:

It seems to me Saleh is making changes to just make changes, he sits Zach, but not only sits him regulates him to 3rd string after speaking glowingly of the improvements he's seen, his hard work ethic, and a few adjustments he has to make (sorry Saleh's credibility is shot).

Not here to pour salt in wounds (trust me, I'm not) but what exactly is Saleh supposed to do?  "Zach Wilson sucks but we're gonna run him out anyways".  There's no better way to lose the locker room than to throw your players' under the bus with the media.

The season is what it is.  The season was probably lost when Rodgers tore his Achilles in what should have been a season-ending injury.  Even competing for a playoff spot up until a few weeks ago seemed far-fetched.  Fortunately (or unfortunately depending on how you want to look at it), the Jets still have their FRP this year.  Obviously they owe their SRP to Green Bay, but a top 10 pick could help rebuild an OL.  Personally, I don't think either Olu Fashanu or Joe Alt will be available unless the Jets' FRP moves up the board a bit, but they could get into that second tier of OTs (JC Latham, Amarius Mims, etc.), and maybe even extract another pick or two if they trade down for someone wanting one of the top EDGE or WRs.

The season was always going to go with wherever Aaron Rodgers went.  And unfortunately, it went down after 4 snaps.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Yeah, because these last 45 years have been nothing but sunshine and rainbows. 

We all need to just accept disappointment. There is no hope with this team. There has not been in forever. There is no savior. There is no winning in our future. 

We were created to be the laughingstock of the NFL. Every league needs one.

Whether we keep Rodgers or not, we are f$%*êd. If we keep him (or rather, if HE decides to come back), then we have no choice but to keep Hackett (we may even have to PROMOTE him to HC, which is a Seinfeld episode!). If we do what we SHOULD do, and hold people accountable for this debacle of a season (a season filled with false promise and expectations), fire Douglas, fire Saleh, fire Hackett and get rid of the entire QB room (save for Rodgers), then the latter will probably decide he does not want to stay.

So, our options are lose with disgust and humiliation or lose with respect. 

Either way, we lose.

On 11/25/2023 at 12:31 PM, CWood21 said:

Not here to pour salt in wounds (trust me, I'm not) but what exactly is Saleh supposed to do?  "Zach Wilson sucks but we're gonna run him out anyways".  There's no better way to lose the locker room than to throw your players' under the bus with the media.

Saleh is in such a bad position at no fault of his own (he was handed this OC and QB situation). Start Zach and all you hear is "Why aren't we making a change at QB...This isn't working...blah blah blah" or you sit him and people ask "Why aren't we starting Zach over these losers? He's bad but he's the best of the bunch...etc".

We're losing, so of course everyone is going to complain and point fingers instead of just realizing the obvious, which is:

On 11/25/2023 at 12:31 PM, CWood21 said:

The season was always going to go with wherever Aaron Rodgers went.  And unfortunately, it went down after 4 snaps.

Sucks, but it is what it is.

1 minute ago, NJerseypaint said:

Saleh is in such a bad position at no fault of his own (he was handed this OC and QB situation). Start Zach and all you hear is "Why aren't we making a change at QB...This isn't working...blah blah blah" or you sit him and people ask "Why aren't we starting Zach over these losers? He's bad but he's the best of the bunch...etc".

We're losing, so of course everyone is going to complain and point fingers instead of just realizing the obvious, which is:

Sucks, but it is what it is.

And ironically speaking, this is EXACTLY what Rodgers has wanted going the last several years in Green Bay.  Control.  He absolutely hates when he's not the one making decisions.  The Jets made a deal with the devil, and the devil is collecting on their debts.  And don't get me wrong, I think the decision to trade for Aaron Rodgers wasn't a bad one although I think the Jets probably overpaid for him.  But the Jets' offseason had Rodgers' fingerprints all over it.  The hiring of Hackett, the signing of Randall Cobb and Allen Lazard, etc.  Don't get me wrong, Rodgers stays healthy and the Jets are likely competing for a division title.

14 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

And ironically speaking, this is EXACTLY what Rodgers has wanted going the last several years in Green Bay.  Control.  He absolutely hates when he's not the one making decisions.  The Jets made a deal with the devil, and the devil is collecting on their debts.  And don't get me wrong, I think the decision to trade for Aaron Rodgers wasn't a bad one although I think the Jets probably overpaid for him.  But the Jets' offseason had Rodgers' fingerprints all over it.  The hiring of Hackett, the signing of Randall Cobb and Allen Lazard, etc.  Don't get me wrong, Rodgers stays healthy and the Jets are likely competing for a division title.

I'd take all of the bad you listed for this to happen.

I still think everything was the right call. Maybe if Aaron was healthy and the place was burning down I would not, but as it stands, I'm still convinced that if he didn't get hurt we'd be a top NFL team (and I'm expecting that to be true next season too).

19 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

I'd take all of the bad you listed for this to happen.

I still think everything was the right call. Maybe if Aaron was healthy and the place was burning down I would not, but as it stands, I'm still convinced that if he didn't get hurt we'd be a top NFL team (and I'm expecting that to be true next season too).

If we're being honest, the Jets aren't in a terrible situation.  But that OL needs rebuilt in the worst way.  Outside of Tippmann, I'm not sure there's anyone on that OL that you want starting next year.  Fortunately, it appears to be a pretty strong OL class.  As good as a story as it would be to reunite Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams it seems like a luxury.

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

If we're being honest, the Jets aren't in a terrible situation.  But that OL needs rebuilt in the worst way.  Outside of Tippmann, I'm not sure there's anyone on that OL that you want starting next year.  Fortunately, it appears to be a pretty strong OL class.  As good as a story as it would be to reunite Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams it seems like a luxury.

I'm still holding out that Becton and AVT can overcome their injury woes. Everyone else though can go.

Though, if I'm honest, I'm pretty sure our OL is poor because our OL coaching and offensive scheme is poor. Our OL has been a disaster for way too long for it to just be because of talent.

On 11/25/2023 at 3:31 PM, jetsfan4life51 said:

Is it too early to start wanting Marvin Harrison Jr?

It isn't, but that guy is going top 3. We won't be to three. The Patriots, Cardinals bears and panthers are all really really bad. We will be lucky if we can get into the top 6