Redskins vs chargers GAME THREAD

Dashing202

Just now, Slateman said:

It does. I'm watching Rivers pick apart a secondary that, frankly, doesn't look good. Brown and Swearinger are awful in coverage and this team has at least three decent edge rushers.

You say that like you think our coaching staff is sensible ...

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

Again, who? 

I'm glad you think it's easy to find someone to work for Danny and Bruce. I would be very upset if Gruden was not our Head Coach next year. 

Why do you keep asking "who"? Theres plenty of decent coordinators throughout the league. And I don't think Bruce is as much of a lock to stay as some of you think he is. If this team loses out and gets blown out in nearly every game, he's a goner along with Jay. 

Late game scores (that we conceivably care about):

Broncos 13 - Jets 0 (if the Jets win, they'll drop behind us, but the Broncos winning would move them one game closer to us; just don't want a tie)
Titans 7 - Cardinals 0 (c'mon Arizona!)

Also, we'll want the Dolphins to upset the Patriots. I know. Just saying if you want a rooting interest (beyond booing the Patriots).

Just now, Brian23 said:

Is everyone really willing to keep JAG's because they're afraid of who to replace him with? You'd be fine keeping the stated status quo forever because change is scary? wut.

I'm not scared lol Denver fired Fox for Kubiak and they won a SB

falcons got rid of Mike smith (a 2x coach of the year ) for Quinn and they almost won the SB .

coaching matters a lot and honestly we have a good roster that's not at it's full potential . If we can find the right headcoach and find a RB and adjust our defensive scheme than we can be very good .

8 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Why do you keep asking "who"? Theres plenty of decent coordinators throughout the league. And I don't think Bruce is as much of a lock to stay as some of you think he is. If this team loses out and gets blown out in nearly every game, he's a goner along with Jay. 

Name one that would want to come and coach this team. Don't act like this is a desirable job. Jay has done well with the lack of control he has over personnel decisions and staff.

Is Jay a great coach? No, but again I will say, he is the Best Coach we have had since our SB days.

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:
4 minutes ago, Woz said:

You are not getting any top college head coach to come to Washington. It's not happening.

I don't think it's going to be as difficult as you think. There's only 32 of these jobs on the planet, we can get a good coach. 

Three reasons why the Redskins will not get a guy like Shaw or Jim Harbaugh:

1. When you're a college coach, you're essentially a god on campus. The players have none of the egos (and none of the associated power) that the pros do.
  2. If you're a Power 5 coach, you can get a number of wins just by recruiting players better.
  3. If you're going to go the pros, you aren't coming to a team that has a managerial dumpster fire in charge.

6 minutes ago, Brian23 said:

Is everyone really willing to keep JAG's because they're afraid of who to replace him with? You'd be fine keeping the stated status quo forever because change is scary? wut.

No. Do you really think our team is performing poorly because of Gruden? Do you squarely put the blame on him?