Who are the biggest "villains" in the NFL right now?

notthatbluestuff

I wouldn't consider the Eagles villains either.  The Cowboys a little, just by nature of being the Cowboys.  Same with Goodell.  They're just kind of intentionally positioned there.  The biggest villains to me, for the NFL aren't even a part of the NFL.  It's the talking head hot take guys.  Stephen A, Skip Bayless and the like.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danger said:

2018 was eons ago right?

I could see how that would just be considered a "different team", or different iteration of the team. 

There are a few holdovers, but different coach, different QB. I think there's probably half a dozen guys who overlap? Maybe a few more? Lane, Cox, Kelce, Elliott, Graham? Not sure who else. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I could see how that would just be considered a "different team", or different iteration of the team. 

There are a few holdovers, but different coach, different QB. I think there's probably half a dozen guys who overlap? Maybe a few more? Lane, Cox, Kelce, Elliott, Graham? Not sure who else. 

Howie

1 minute ago, Forge said:

It's a different team no doubt (I had this argument last year with an Eagles fan who tried to paint them as a potential dynasty if they'd beaten the Chiefs in SB57) but I'm just confused about the "have to win a title to be a villain" reasoning. Who are the villains, then? Chiefs? Rams?

And let's not forget that even if no team is particularly villainous, ONE has to be the "most" villainous simply by default.

1 minute ago, notthatbluestuff said:

It's a different team no doubt (I had this argument last year with an Eagles fan who tried to paint them as a potential dynasty if they'd beaten the Chiefs in SB57) but I'm just confused about the "have to win a title to be a villain" reasoning. Who are the villains, then? Chiefs? Rams?

And let's not forget that even if no team is particularly villainous, ONE has to be the "most" villainous simply by default.

I don't think that there's a team that I would qualify as being a villain right now. There may be a most villainous, but don't need to be villainous enough to qualify as a villain.

If you don't have to win a title, are we sure it's not the 49ers? I mean, guys like Greenlaw are considered dirty, Trent will throw punches, Shanny is an obnoxious prick...the only problem is Brock Purdy is too wholesome to be a villain. 

Just now, Forge said:

I don't think that there's a team that I would qualify as being a villain right now. There may be a most villainous, but don't need to be villainous enough to qualify as a villain.

If you don't have to win a title, are we sure it's not the 49ers? I mean, guys like Greenlaw are considered dirty, Trent will throw punches, Shanny is an obnoxious prick...the only problem is Brock Purdy is too wholesome to be a villain. 

No it's definitely not the Niners lol.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

No it's definitely not the Niners lol.

I definitely don't think it's the Rams. Not the Chiefs. Nothing villainous about the Eagles. The Bills are too broken to be the villains. 

There are no contending teams out there that are inherently unlikeable, and I think you have to be unlikeable to be a villain. The most unlikeable teams probably aren't successful enough, and the successful teams aren't unlikeable enough. 

• Like 1