SF @ PHI thread

Manny/Patrick

2 hours ago, N4L said:

Ward 1v1 on AJB in the redzone was a huge reason the niners dominated today. Ward matched his physicality and was ready for every route AJB ran in that area is the field. 

Ward leads the league in pass deflections. Put some f ucking respect on his name

Ward did a great job in the RZ, was also abused regularly on the slant route specifically the first 2 drives. 

Thank our OC for not continuing to do what actually worked on offense. 🤷‍♂️ Brian Johnson's RZ playcalling has been lackluster at best all season long. Downright criminal at times.

Congrats on the Win. It was a *** whoppin! However I'd rather it occur now rather then Eagle players possibly being overconfident  come the playoffs having beaten SF again. See ya in January.  🍺

Edited by Nabbs4u

20 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Just saw Dirty Dre Greenlaw got tossed. I lol'd at the ESPN article that tried to claim he contacted the guy's face while pointing at him. No, he definitely tried to punch him lol. That dude is a dirty AF player.

You call what you saw Dre taking a swing??? :)

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

You call what you saw Dre taking a swing??? :)

I'd call it throwing a punch. Wouldn't say it was taking a swing. Taking a swing to me is winding up and really trying to rock somebody. He threw a halfhearted punch, but it was a punch.

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I'd call it throwing a punch. Wouldn't say it was taking a swing. Taking a swing to me is winding up and really trying to rock somebody. He threw a halfhearted punch, but it was a punch.

Ok. Dre can have technically thrown a punch while the intended target also being danger level zero. 

"Big Dom" is more likely to croak over from getting slapped by an old lady with her purse. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

5 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Ok. Dre can have technically thrown a punch while the intended target also being danger level zero. 

"Big Dom" is more likely to croak over from getting slapped by an old lady with her purse. 

I'm not sure what danger has to do with this. I mocked ESPN for mischaracterizing what happened.

30 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

It looks like Greenlaw throws a jab that intentionally misses in order to scare "Dom", He jabbed, stopped short and then pointed as if to say, "you flinched". I would bet money that he audibly said "you flinched" or something to that effect when pointing.

"You never got me down Dre". 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I'm not sure what danger has to do with this. I mocked ESPN for mischaracterizing what happened.

"Made contact with his face" right??? I mean it happened. Don't think in this circumstance not using the word "punch" is a huge miscarriage of justice. Greenlaw's actions don't even remotely come close to the visual most people picture in their head when they hear someone tries to punch a dude. 

7 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Ward did a great job in the RZ, was also abused regularly on the slant route specifically the first 2 drives. 

Thank our OC for not continuing to do what actually worked on offense. 🤷‍♂️ Brian Johnson's RZ playcalling has been lackluster at best all season long. Downright criminal at times.

Congrats on the Win. It was a *** whoppin! However I'd rather it occur now rather then Eagle players possibly being overconfident  come the playoffs having beaten SF again. See ya in January.  🍺

Those first couple of drives were really unpleasant. Steve Wilks loves calling man blitzes on third and medium and that was a very, very bad idea against A.J. Brown. Man is just rough against the Eagles in general. Hurts processes man matchups very well and the horses are just too good outside not to leave a bad matchup somewhere.

And the 49ers were certainly fortunate that the game was refereed like a playoff game in terms of pass interference penalties. Given that the Eagles operate so much off schedule and love to throw up jump balls to their superb receivers, you are going to get into situations where guys are competing for the ball and you have to try and handle the subtle push-offs that come with those situations. A couple of those battles could easily have been legislated against Ward and/or Ambry Thomas.

6 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Just saw Dirty Dre Greenlaw got tossed. I lol'd at the ESPN article that tried to claim he contacted the guy's face while pointing at him. No, he definitely tried to punch him lol. That dude is a dirty AF player.

Says the guy with an Aaron Donald avatar. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Don't do this lol.

The man clearly shoves Greenlaw first....Every single current player and former players are stating that the security guard did was a big no no and the security guard should have never put his hands on an opponent. He had no business being in the scrum in the first place. 

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Don't do this lol.

The man clearly shoves Greenlaw first....Every single current player and former players are stating that the security guard did was a big no no and the security guard should have never put his hands on an opponent. He had no business being in the scrum in the first place. 

Which doesn't change the fact that Greenlaw responded by punching him. But that's beside the point. His decision to pick up and slam Devonta Smith is par the course for him and why I view him as a dirty player. He's constantly doing unnecessary crap like that to try and injure opposing players. (And if his goal isn't injuring them, he sure plays like it is.)

Just now, jrry32 said:

Which doesn't change the fact that Greenlaw responded by punching him. But that's beside the point. His decision to pick up and slam Devonta Smith is par the course for him and why I view him as a dirty player. He's constantly doing unnecessary crap like that to try and injure opposing players. (And if his goal isn't injuring them, he sure plays like it is.)

Sure, if you want to make mention of the play on Smith and what he does in general....But there is no way you think he is to blame for what he did to the security guard. What that security guard did was so unprecedented that the NFL is likely going to ban him and others like him for being that close to the sidelines going forward. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Don't do this lol.

I've rewatched this like 10x and, maybe this is a boomer take, but I don't really think this should have been anything either way and we all are overblowing this. 

There was a beef between Greenlaw and D Smith. The head of security instinctually gets in between to break it up. Maybe he shouldn't have, sure, but jfc it's understandable as a security guy and the "shove" is so gentle its obviously a "break it up guys" kind of thing. 

Conversely, I don't think Greenlaw is trying to even strike Dom here. I don't think he was mad about being shoved because I think he's either trying to point at or strike D Smith who is walking behind the dude and he accidentally barely swipes the guy who decided to get involved. 

FAFO from Dom and neither should have been ejected imo. To me, it's really a nbd issue and milder than an average PIT/BAL game lol. 

• Like 2