SF @ PHI thread

Manny/Patrick

3 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Are we having a party in the stands at the Linc at halftime counting down the clock if Purdy doesn't get hurt? Probably not.  Obviously losing your QB is a pretty big deal, but to suggest that they win or are likely to win that game with Purdy? What would the excuse have been if Purdy hadn't gotten hurt? Well of course the Eagles should've won against the 49ers 3rd string QB.  Not oh well the Eagles whooped their *** on both sides of the ball.

My original response to someone else which you then quoted me of off was that the 49ers had no chance to win the game if Purdy wasn't hurt. I objected to that, and responded accordingly. 

No one suggested that they were likely to win the game with Purdy. That's a different claim you're now bringing to the table buddy. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

My original response to someone else which you then quoted me of off was that the 49ers had no chance to win the game if Purdy wasn't hurt. I objected to that, and responded accordingly. 

No one suggested that they were likely to win the game with Purdy. That's a different claim you're now brining to the table buddy. 

Point blank do you think they win the game if Purdy doesn't get hurt? Of course there is always a chance.  It's asinine and hubris for anyone to suggest a team has no chance.  Personally, I don't think much changes even if Purdy doesn't go out of that game.  I think that particular moment for him in that spot with less than half a season worth of starts under his belt was far too big for him and the Eagles were just a flat out better team last year.  I think if they were to matchup again this year in the NFC championship it's closer to a coin flip game.  Purdy has improved a lot this year and the Eagles despite their ability to beat good teams in tight games this year isn't quite as good as last year.  The gap has definitely closed.

15 minutes ago, elevators_rule said:

Is this game the NFC Championship? Outside of the Cowboys, do we really believe anyone else has a chance?

Detroit is the 4th team in the mix, but I think they need home field more than any other NFC contender.  I can't see them going on the road and beating the Eagles, 49ers, or Cowboys.  Maybe in Dallas in a dome they can beat Dallas in a shootout.  They have to be able to score points because their defense can't stop anyone right now.  They've got a month to figure out their defensive issues though.

20 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Point blank do you think they win the game if Purdy doesn't get hurt? Of course there is always a chance.  It's asinine and hubris for anyone to suggest a team has no chance.  Personally, I don't think much changes even if Purdy doesn't go out of that game.  I think that particular moment for him in that spot with less than half a season worth of starts under his belt was far too big for him and the Eagles were just a flat out better team last year.  I think if they were to matchup again this year in the NFC championship it's closer to a coin flip game.  Purdy has improved a lot this year and the Eagles despite their ability to beat good teams in tight games this year isn't quite as good as last year.  The gap has definitely closed.

Yes they could have won any game in where they were dropping 30 points a game for about two months with Purdy. Before the game I thought the chances were even for either team. Feelings haven't changed on that day, and we'll never know what would have happened since Purdy essentially didn't play.

You're right it's crazy to think that a team has no chance. But that's the rationale I was responding to. Take it up with dude. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

29 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

So your argument is that the 49ers have such a loser mentality that they quit after the 1st drive? By all means.

The argument is the 49ers 3rd qb was less competent than CMC on QB.  That's on Kyle and Lynch.

Jimmy G can take a fair share of the blame as well, he likely could have came back as a backup for that game but he didn't want to.

The fact is the 49ers had nothing at QB for that game. Nothing that happened in the NFCCG matters any more, I don't know why it keeps getting brought back up.

Edited by adamq
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, elevators_rule said:

Is this game the NFC Championship? Outside of the Cowboys, do we really believe anyone else has a chance?

Seems like it, matters a lot for how the playoffs play out.

Niners win, there’s a chance the playoffs could look like 

1. Lions
  2. Eagles
  3. Niners
  4. Falcons/Saints
  5. Cowboys
  6. Seahawks
  7. Vikings or whoever steps up

In which case this is a divisional round game preview. And even has a shot to be in Santa Clara.

Eagles win, and it gets a lot less likely they fall from the #1 seed, and the chance is on the better side they come to Philly for the championship round again.

1. Eagles
  2. Lions
  3. Niners
  4. Falcons/Saints
  5. Cowboys
  6. Seahawks
  7. Vikings or whoever steps up

It's a collision course and only one ship survives.  Who will it be?  I personally think Baby Hands Purdy will crap the sheets, but I can also see the Philly's 2nd half luck running out.   Maybe it comes down to which refs are assigned? God knows they've played a heavy hand this season.  

Regardless, from the looks of these comments, there's zero chance that the losing fanbase doesn't make excuses/cope hard after this game. 

It's going to be a total Whine festival and us bystanders can't wait!

I think this ends up looking like a typical Eagles game this season, Niners take the lead at the half and going into the 4th, then a little Hurts magic, the Eagles defense tightening up, and Shanahan being Shanahan in the 4th quarter brings them back. Purdy plays well, but isn't able to drive them down the field to win or at least take it to OT, so we get the usual suspects talking about how this proves he is really just an overrated system QB. 

Of course, the Niners have a tendency to completely prove me wrong and win by at least 3 scores(@PIT, @JAX, @SEA) whenever I pick them to lose, so make of that what you will

Edited by jonnguy2015

Deebo's response, which was the only one that I was really curious to see (LIS, he likes to chirp) was "we'll see you on sunday", which is the right response. Both teams should be fully into prove it on the field territory. 

Just now, agarcia34 said:

Must win game for the 49ers. Cannot b$tch that much after last years game on what would have happened yada yada yay. Eagles have nothing to lose here. 49ers have everything to lose with how they handed that loss. 

No, the must win game would come in the playoffs. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

No, the must win game would come in the playoffs. 

Nah, can’t cry like they did and get that chance to play them next and lose. Have to win on Sunday. No excuses. They have said they have the game plan to beat the Eagles that was stating back to last year. 

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

Nah, can’t cry like they did and get that chance to play them next and lose. Have to win on Sunday. No excuses. They have said they have the game plan to beat the Eagles that was stating back to last year. 

I would imagine that the only one who really cares is Deebo, because the guy can't shut up. 

Winning this game doesn't make the other one go away. Winning this game isn't going to change the result of the previous one. Losing this one doesn't mean that they wouldn't have won that one with a healthy Purdy. They are separate events. 

The Eagles are going to the playoffs. The 49ers are going to the playoffs. Really don't care much about this game with regards to the season. I've watched the 49ers beat the Rams like 8 straight times only to lose the one that matters. This is a random week 13 game that nobody will care about in pretty short order.  Losing this one really doesn't change the outlook for either right now. Either team could lose this one and then win the next in the playoffs. That's what good teams can do.  Either one of these teams could get not even get to the matchup with the other. That's what the randomness of the playoffs does. 

The only reason that this game matters more for the niners than the eagles is because it directly impacts their seeding and doesn't for the eagles. Eagles lose, they are still the 1 seed for now. 49ers lose and they slip to the 3 seed. 

• Like 4