SF @ PHI thread

Manny/Patrick

34 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Nah, can’t cry like they did and get that chance to play them next and lose. Have to win on Sunday. No excuses. They have said they have the game plan to beat the Eagles that was stating back to last year. 

And is the season over if the Niners lose to the Eagles in week 13? 

• Like 2

I thought Hurts would regress a bit this year, I’ll eat crow on that. He really is great. I still think a Mahomes level passer on that team with that Line and AJ Brown and Devonta Smith (both arguably Top 10 receivers) would be scoring 40+ a game, but Hurts is a phenomenal football player. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Sounds like Lane will play this weekend. Obviously we need to wait and see if there is any setbacks but it is trending in that direction. Milton, Cunningham, Goedert are still question marks.

Good, hopefully Goedert is able to go as well. 

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And is the season over if the Niners lose to the Eagles in week 13? 

I think he’s saying that we should win because of all the offseason talk, but you know what’s going to happen if we do.

The 49ers had an extra 3 days rest

The 49ers played the Eagles coming off a OT win that drained them physically

The 49ers were playing against an injured insert player here

Just now, Manny/Patrick said:

I think he’s saying that we should win because of all the offseason talk, but you know what’s going to happen if we do.

The 49ers had an extra 3 days rest

The 49ers played the Eagles coming off a OT win that drained them physically

The 49ers were playing against an injured insert player here

He's saying it is a must win as if the other team can't win in the playoffs lol. It is a must win game for the Niners in terms of keeping their hopes alive for the #1 seed. But it's not a must win just because of the offseason trash talk. 

45 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Eagles playing: Dolphins, @ Commanders, Cowboys, @ Chiefs, Bills, 49ers, @ Cowboys

Is such an insane stretch of games

And currently 5-0 through that stretch with 49ers & Cowboys coming up....

Props to them, it hasn't been pretty, but they've gotten through it better than anyone thought they would 

7 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

I thought Hurts would regress a bit this year, I’ll eat crow on that. He really is great. I still think a Mahomes level passer on that team with that Line and AJ Brown and Devonta Smith (both arguably Top 10 receivers) would be scoring 40+ a game, but Hurts is a phenomenal football player. 

Hurts actually has regressed, just a smidge from last season. He’s still playing some high level football, but it hasn’t been as sharp as last season on the whole. It’s expected “regression”, you realistically aren’t going to be playing at an MVPish level every year (yes Hurts is in the MVP race/is a potential front runner, but the MVP competition this year isn’t where we usually see it).

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

The Eagles playing: Dolphins, @ Commanders, Cowboys, @ Chiefs, Bills, 49ers, @ Cowboys

Is such an insane stretch of games

Even funnier is the fact the NFL schedule makers felt it appropriate that both SF and Dallas should come off mini-bye's from TNF games the previous week. 👌

Brutal 8 game stretch, don't forget @ Sea after Dallas.

Edited by Nabbs4u

19 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

The second half, The Eagles basically perform that way. For whatever reason OC Brian Johnson just doesn't have a good game plan at the start but then they make adjustments at half time.

13 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Even funnier is the fact the NFL schedule makers felt it appropriate that both SF and Dallas should come off mini-bye's from TNF games the previous week. 👌

Brutal 8 game stretch, don't forget @ Sea after Dallas.

I mean the Niners are screwed more than any other team in terms of playing teams with more rest than them and and are top 5 in travel for the season. It just happens that way sometimes.