2023 Week 13: @ Packers

onejayhawk

So, first round bye probably out of the picture, barring some Ryan Fitzpatrick style bailout down the stretch?

Got one month left to get their **** together before the games matter permanently. But I'd say it seems clear at this point that we're a good, but not great team, and it probably is what it is for this year. Need to really revamp the WR position. Will probably have no choice but to make some changes on the DL.

so lets review. Ref suck...

roughing on Mahomes should not have been. He was in bounds and still trying to advance at the first down marker...

the clock stopping on the MVS catch where progress was stopped was plain bs. Clock should have continued...

MVS deep pass should have been DPI, yes

2 hours ago, Ripline said:

so lets review. Ref suck...

roughing on Mahomes should not have been. He was in bounds and still trying to advance at the first down marker...

the clock stopping on the MVS catch where progress was stopped was plain bs. Clock should have continued...

MVS deep pass should have been DPI, yes

Ok? 👍

2 hours ago, Habbsawce said:

This has been a strange year.

That's an understatement. I get the WRs are rough but Patty just doesn't play with much confidence at all. Seems all circular. I'm gonna go with coaching at this point, if something isn't working to a degree that it hasn't been maybe it's time to shake up some things? Packers have a bunch of young pups at WR and it seems like a new one shows up each week. Andy can't figure out how to get anything out of our passing offense? Just seems so weird.

Andy's (Nagy's?) Offensive plan has none of those unique qualities as before. 

8-4 feels much worse than it should. I'm not really mad about it as we've had more success in the last handful of years than I ever thought we'd see, it just kinda sucks when we have so much more talent than what we're showing.

In a weird way I almost wanna see a head roll or at the least sit their *** down, send a message to the team. 

/Rambling 

I know I'm the "happy to be average guy" in general with my takes, but for this season to have gone as poorly as it has and still be 8-4 is why I love this team. 

We are still very likely to make the playoffs. We are still a very dangerous team if we get in.

Idgaf how much "talent" we have or who our QB is, no one is owed a SB or even a playoff appearance and, despite our flaws, we are still set up to compete for those.

We need to address the plaguing issues and get better, no question, but call me crazy - I still think this has been a pretty successful season so far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soggust said:

I know I'm the "happy to be average guy" in general with my takes, but for this season to have gone as poorly as it has and still be 8-4 is why I love this team. 

We are still very likely to make the playoffs. We are still a very dangerous team if we get in.

Idgaf how much "talent" we have or who our QB is, no one is owed a SB or even a playoff appearance and, despite our flaws, we are still set up to compete for those.

We need to address the plaguing issues and get better, no question, but call me crazy - I still think this has been a pretty successful season so far.

I think it's just hard not to get used to the higher standard. I've always had the same outlook, I'm generally good when we win more games than we lose. But these last two losses have felt....beneath us? Like if we played to out standard, they shouldn't have been in question at all. Detroit played us tough, Denver we just got blindsided, always have one of those it seems. But the Philly and Green Bay games are games we would have won any year from 2018 to 2022, IMO, and that makes it feel worse, to me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

I’d say the interception was Pats fault here, for anybody still blaming Skyy lol

Definitely wasn't all on Skyy, Patty didn't throw a perfect ball but no one can tell me otherwise that if Skyy didn't hiccup his route he wouldn't have been right where the ball was thrown.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm not sure it's the right decision. Mind you it was an RPO, so it wasn't like he had multiple reads there, it was either hand it off, throw the curl, or throw the fade. I don't know what the box count was like for the run option, but the curl was NOT an option. So once he kept it, it had to go to Moore. If he held that ball it's just an ineligible man downfield penalty. But regardless, Skyy has to finish that route. There's no reason on that route to be hesitating like he was. He runs, it's at least contested. Maybe not a completion, but probably not an interception. To not even get to the ball is just so emblematic on the problems we have with the WR corp this year. I don't even know how to judge Pat or the play calling anymore because the way routes are being run.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Definitely wasn't all on Skyy, Patty didn't throw a perfect ball but no one can tell me otherwise that if Skyy didn't hiccup his route he wouldn't have been right where the ball was thrown.

Yeah but if Pat doesn’t have a tell then Nixon isn’t there to intercept it.

maybe we need to start doing some self scouting, idk this year ain’t it though as far as the offense is concerned