Week 14 GDT: Raiders (5-7) vs Vikings (6-6)

Jerry

Who wins?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Raiders or Vikings?

• Raiders
    • Vikings

40 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Dude just clearly wants to keep up the narrative the whole team is bad. Cleary we have pieces, we need a trigger man and some OL and a speedy RB on offense. Defense a top CB and DT another LB.

What planet do you live on?  We have a bottom 5 NFL roster which is about to get worse after this season with Adams most likely gone.  Ask any unbiased fan what proven, above average talent we have on Dn outside of Maxx.  

We will have a ton of roster turnover once again, a new HC, GM, OC and DC.  We will have another offseason that will disappoint most fnas when it comes to free agency.  Once again no respectable player or their agent will want to sign up for this consistent YOY disfunction until this franchise can become somewhat stable and start winning games.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

2 hours ago, RaiderX said:

Is this team honestly any different without McDaniels and Zeigler? Sure they have some "attitude" now but it's the same result.

Of course it's different. The defense is much improved and the intensity that we need to win games is there.

We're screwed because we can't just change our offense mid season... we have to use what JMD put together all offseason in terms of playbook and go from there. They can't just learn a whole new playbook mid season. Expect same offense results all year unless we can run the ball effectively but Jacobs is hurt now so idk about anything changing  offensively. Teams have already learned the handful of plays we like to run so we are severely limited on offense.

Also, AOC appeared to have clean pockets, yet panicked and backpedaled taking himself out of any possible plays downfield. I noticed a few plays where if he had stuck with Adams a second longer he was going to be open but backpedals and went with the checkdown instead. Just being nitpicky but not really expecting the world from him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

AOC is ******* terrible that is really what I got from this game 

I think we kind of already knew that even though he shows pretty good accuracy at times. Most on here would probably agree that AOC is a pretty good NFL backup.

Really just trying to get through the season at this point and see if Wilson starts to emerge on defense a bit. Our offense is not going to do **** the rest of the year unless we play a really bad team or can run the ball a lot effectively (which is unlikely) until we get a QB who can stay up in the pocket or improvise/scramble and throw downfield to keep the safeties and LBs back.

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

Dude just clearly wants to keep up the narrative the whole team is bad. Cleary we have pieces, we need a trigger man and some OL and a speedy RB on offense. Defense a top CB and DT another LB.

I mean, I agree with both. 

There are a few pieces, so the cupboard isn't absolutely bare. 

But at the same time, needing "A QB, some OL, a RB, a CB, a DT, and another LB" means that the vast majority of the team is, indeed, bad. We're talking an entire unit's worth of needs on either side of the ball. 

QB, OG, C, OT, RB, DT, LB, CB- and that's the bare minimum to become adequate as some of the other starters we have are pretty replaceable. That's 2 or 3 years away and assuming we do well in FA and the draft....and we got people wanting to explore trade ups to a top 2 pick ffs, as if that ever costs less than a fortune. 

I had company over so I wasn't really common dating on here about the game but I think now is the time to talk about blowing it up. Although one thing I will say is the Ben Johnson's offense has not looked as good in the last three weeks. I would want to see how he finishes the season before I start talking head coach for him. 

12 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

But at the same time, needing "A QB, some OL, a RB, a CB, a DT, and another LB" means that the vast majority of the team is, indeed, bad. We're talking an entire unit's worth of needs on either side of the ball. 

QB, OG, C, OT, RB, DT, LB, CB- and that's the bare minimum to become adequate as some of the other starters we have are pretty replaceable. That's 2 or 3 years away and assuming we do well in FA and the draft....and we got people wanting to explore trade ups to a top 2 pick ffs, as if that ever costs less than a fortune. 

Honestly the Jets have said they will do everything in their power to get Adams, I'd ask for a first and 3rd.  Then draft Marvin Harrison Jr. 3rd overall after Williams and Maye are taken. Then with our other first I'd be happy with Daniel's, Penix Jr, or JJ McCarthy.

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

Honestly the Jets have said they will do everything in their power to get Adams, I'd ask for a first and 3rd.  Then draft Marvin Harrison Jr. 3rd overall after Williams and Maye are taken. Then with our other first I'd be happy with Daniel's, Penix Jr, or JJ McCarthy.

Lol 1st and a 3rd for Adams who is 31 and will be coming off the worst season of his career is flat out delusional.  I think you've been smoking some **** and playing way too much Madden. 

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Lol 1st and a 3rd for Adams who is 31 and will be coming off the worst season of his career is flat out delusional.  I think you've been smoking some **** and playing way too much Madden. 

Adams will still fetch some decent draft capital back, I'd take a 2nd/3rd. 

16 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Don't forget to add #1 WR to the list as Adams is most likely gone and Meyers is a number 2.

There is no team in the NFL devoid of talent.  Look at Carolina, they have some pieces on D with Burns, Brown, Chinn and Horn.  Every team has some sort of above average talent.  

Do you believe that the Raiders have a bottom 5 NFL roster?