Week 14 GDT: Raiders (5-7) vs Vikings (6-6)

Jerry

Who wins?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Raiders or Vikings?

• Raiders
    • Vikings

6 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

What is it with you wanting to measure dix with everyone?

I said it wouldn't surprise me. Obviously he's the odds on favorite to be the #1 pick. But would not be a surprise at all if Maye were to be.

If you truly believe teams are souring on him and that he won't go #1, it's free money brother.

17 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Wanna lifetime sig bet on it? I'll wager real money too if you want, DM me.

He's currently -650 to go #1

I wish these posts were in the draft thread but I'll still respond.

I haven't had the chance to talk with my son about it but I'm starting to wonder if Jayden Daniels is going to climb the draft board now that the season is over.  I haven't really watched college tape but looking at his stats, the fact that he won the heisman, and their W-L record this season I wouldn't be surprised if teams starte to change their perspectives.  

All it takes is one team to believe J. Daniels is the better QB for everything to change.  Also, I could size being an issue.  After seeing Derek Carr at 6'2" getting hit by DL, I'd rather see a 6'4" QB in Jayden Daniels behind center than a 6'1" Caleb Williams trying to survive in the pocket.  

Anyway, I really don't know much about college football or their players.  I just want our QBotF.

30 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I haven't had the chance to talk with my son about it but I'm starting to wonder if Jayden Daniels is going to climb the draft board now that the season is over.  I haven't really watched college tape but looking at his stats, the fact that he won the heisman, and their W-L record this season I wouldn't be surprised if teams starte to change their perspectives.  

All it takes is one team to believe J. Daniels is the better QB for everything to change.  Also, I could size being an issue.  After seeing Derek Carr at 6'2" getting hit by DL, I'd rather see a 6'4" QB in Jayden Daniels behind center than a 6'1" Caleb Williams trying to survive in the pocket.  

Anyway, I really don't know much about college football or their players.  I just want our QBotF.

I think there's a legitimate chance that Daniels is QB3 when it's all said and done. I was watching a draft video the other day from CBS and their insider said that all of the buzz around the NFL lately has been about Daniels.

40 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think there's a legitimate chance that Daniels is QB3 when it's all said and done. I was watching a draft video the other day from CBS and their insider said that all of the buzz around the NFL lately has been about Daniels.

He legit came out of nowhere when it comes to the mainstream media.  As a casual college football fan that mainly watches YouTube highlights to prepare for the NFL draft, he was literally an unknown until recently.  All of a sudden, he's on social media having his stats compared with other top college QBs and his stats are considerably better.

I personally would be super happy to get him at #6.  His 7 minute YouTube highlight tape tells me he is going to be a really good QB in the NFL.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jerry said:

He legit came out of nowhere when it comes to the mainstream media.  As a casual college football fan that mainly watches YouTube highlights to prepare for the NFL draft, he was literally an unknown until recently.  All of a sudden, he's on social media having his stats compared with other top college QBs and his stats are considerably better.

I personally would be super happy to get him at #6.  His 7 minute YouTube highlight tape tells me he is going to be a really good QB in the NFL.

He was on NFL radars when he was at Arizona State but he just wasn't ever able to put it all together. His rise at LSU is pretty similar to Joe Burrows. Obviously not as good but he went to a major program out of HS, transferred to LSU, was meh as a Jr (non NFL prospect), and then exploded into a household name as a Senior and won the Heisman.

I'd personally be happy with Maye, Williams, Daniels, or McCarthy depending on where we're picking and who we hire as our HC.

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

Daniels is rail thin and his frame isn't of the body type you can put weight on. He's listed at 200, he's maybe 185. He will get injured quickly in the NFL. He's fast and athletic for college. But not elite in that area where it will matter in the pros.

40 minutes ago, Jerry said:

His 7 minute YouTube highlight tape tells me he is going to be a really good QB in the NFL.

That's all it took?

He has 2 WRs that will go round 1, possibly top 15. Watch Nabers highlights. Daniels never comes off him as his first read and throw. He rarely goes past his second read. I don't think a QB in college football had it easier to read and throw than Daniels save maybe Penix with his all star WR group. 

Edited by big_palooka

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Daniels is rail thin and his frame isn't of the body type you can put weight on. He's listed at 200, he's maybe 185. He will get injured quickly in the NFL. He's fast and athletic for college. But not elite in that area where it will matter in the pros.

He's listed at 210, McCarthy is listed at 202, I know JJ isn't as mobile and is younger, but is that a concern for JJ?

They look pretty comparable frame wise.

usatsi_21341556.jpgvs

neutraljj-scaled.jpg?fit=1200,798&ssl=1

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He's listed at 210, McCarthy is listed at 202, I know JJ isn't as mobile and is younger, but is that a concern for JJ?

They look pretty comparable frame wise.

usatsi_21341556.jpgvs

neutraljj-scaled.jpg?fit=1200,798&ssl=1

McCarthy is only 20. He's yet to fill out, but not as concerned as running is not a big part of his game. 

Daniels is a running QB who will be exposed to hits. If I am drafting that type guy, I need someone built like Caleb, Hurts, etc. 

And Daniels is not 210. He will do what Bryce Young did pre-combine and get over 200 lbs, but play at 185-190. 

• Like 1