The case for not moving on from Tomlin....this year.

warfelg

6 hours ago, rlon said:

While I think this thread was on point, I will say this. The case just got a heck of a lot thinner…

some  might be ahead of the curve here it seems -_-

that game was lousy and what will be next?

This team isn't responding to him anymore, can't even win at home vs the 2 worst teams in the league. Time to make major changes, and trade tomlin and get something for him while you can.  If they hype is real, they should get a nice haul and with Khan they might actually trade down a bit and get more picks and help the roster.

Canada cost this team a lot.  Their offense is high school level and they can't change it much.  I still think they are not going to win another game this year and the blame for keeping Canada as long as they did is the cause.  The offense is dishearten and they are not solving it until the off season.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jebrick said:

Their offense is high school level

I thought saturdayish was NCAA. I stand corrected :(

1 minute ago, jebrick said:

I still think they are not going to win another game this year and the blame for keeping Canada as long as they did is the cause.  The offense is dishearten and they are not solving it until the off season.

no doubt. They conveniently waited for the easy part of the schedule to fire canada. He should have been gone last year.  

29 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Canada cost this team a lot.  Their offense is high school level and they can't change it much.  I still think they are not going to win another game this year and the blame for keeping Canada as long as they did is the cause.  The offense is dishearten and they are not solving it until the off season.

I thought that was obvious tvh

2 hours ago, jebrick said:

The entire team is disheartened.    The defense looks tired and plays with zero fire anymore.     The lack of discipline in every phase is embarrassing.

We focus on the offense because thats obviously the most glaring weakness ON THE SURFACE, but fixing the offense is not going to fix the bigger, more deep rooted issues.    Even when we had top 3 NFL talent, the same issues were present.

I honestly dont know if the biggest issue with this team can be fixed, but what I do know is nothing Ive seen from this team in the last decade makes me believe the current regime can fix it.    Khan and Weidl replacing Colbert was a start....but it wasn't nearly enough.

• Like 1

what would give in a tomlin to the bears trade:

NO -Bears not  trading with us  because of what happened with claypool

YES - Bears understanding tomlin is a winnng coach that had bad QB play from former Bear mitch, who helped the pats win and in turn got the Bears a higher pick. Lets return a favour

Edited by 3rivers

https://steelersnow.com/steelers-players-reveal-truth-behind-flawed-culture/

I can see why Maulet wanted to  leave now. Who were the players laughing?  Reminds me of ben in the jags playoff game laughing with the kicker or punter. 

But this goes back to last year when now Ravens cornerback Arthur Maulet went on a postgame tirade in front of the media at his teammates following their 38-3 loss to the Bills.

“You’ve got to love this ****, bro,” Maulet said. “Real ****, you’re on the sideline and you’ve got guys that are laughing and smiling on the sidelines? We’ve got guys acting like they don’t give a ****. It’s 38-3 and people are laughing on the bench. You have to love this game to play this ****.”

It was a speech that caused everyone’s ears to perk up, and everyone saw it. Maulet was cut eight times in his NFL career, and has earned his way to this point as much as anyone in the NFL

38 minutes ago, DR43 said:

Will Tomlin get fired in this offseason?

If not, will Tomlin's contract not get renewed after next season?

Regardless, SHOULD Tomlin get fired?

no fire.

hyped up HOF coach gets traded, no firing. Nice way to say Fire is mutually part ways, so that might happen. 

tomlin could command quite a salary and pick where he wants to go, hence me liking the idea of a trade - he has value despite the critics in recent times

15 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

no fire.

hyped up HOF coach gets traded, no firing. Nice way to say Fire is mutually part ways, so that might happen. 

tomlin could command quite a salary and pick where he wants to go, hence me liking the idea of a trade - he has value despite the critics in recent times

I know 3rivers is not saying he is a Hall of Fame coach but does anyone on this board feel that way?

5 minutes ago, DR43 said:

I know 3rivers is not saying he is a Hall of Fame coach but does anyone on this board feel that way?

all it takes is one trade partner to complete a trade.  He has value IMO, not sure what picks he would net but definitely don't fire him, thats useless. 

they might not get Parcells type trade but should get decent  picks  for tomlin. 

Steelers though, probably won't do it. They might keep tomlin no matter what and wait for 2 consecutive losing season (ie after next year)