2023 Week 14: vs Bills

onejayhawk

21 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Nah. We're not playing great (though not as bad as it feels, given that we're playing Philly and Buffalo close), but Spags's whole schtick works best against QBs who aren't experienced enough to know what they're seeing. Close self-sabotaging losses, as painful as they are, are not going to translate to losing against Bailey Zappe and Easton Stick.

I could easily see it replicating itself against a Belicheck coached team, Zappe or otherwise. They will feast off our mistakes.  You’re right about the Chargers, although at this point the offense can’t get out of its own way to beat anybody right now. 

Edited by Chiefer

11 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Could easily see the Chiefs losing out, even against backups. That Bengals game already looks like a L with Browning Auto at the helm. 

You're right. We get Raiders next? They only allowed 3 points yesterday, how are we going to score against them? 

11 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

You're right. We get Raiders next? They only allowed 3 points yesterday, how are we going to score against them? 

We scored 31 last time.

I get the frustration and disappointment. But this is all adding up to us being an above average team. Very good defense, average offense. Which is immensely disappointing given expectations before the season. But we're not like, the Panthers or the Patriots or something. The offense has been good for roughly 20 points basically every week except the Bears game and the Broncos game. So one outlier in each direction. Otherwise we've scored between 17 and 31 every week this year. I would imagine we'll score between 17 and 31 against the Raiders.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Completely re-do his contract? 37mil cap hit this year and goes up to 57mil next year. Hard to pay for talent around you when you take up close to a quarter of the cap (~17% this year, ~24% next year). That or we have to get way better at drafting skill positions.

Honestly I think next year we're kinda screwed regardless. We can cut MVS that's going to be enough to resign either Sneed or Jones, but we will have to use it as a building block, unless we can hit the draft out of the park. Much like 2020/2021 at the start of the previous Pat deal. 

The Taylor contract is really coming back to bite us here

3 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

We scored 31 last time.

I get the frustration and disappointment. But this is all adding up to us being an above average team. Very good defense, average offense. Which is immensely disappointing given expectations before the season. But we're not like, the Panthers or the Patriots or something. The offense has been good for roughly 20 points basically every week except the Bears game and the Broncos game. So one outlier in each direction. Otherwise we've scored between 17 and 31 every week this year. I would imagine we'll score between 17 and 31 against the Raiders.

This was irony.

I'm extremely confident we can win at least 3 of the next 4. And we have a very decent shot at winning the AFC too. I don't think the Ravens or the Fins are that much better than us. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

This was irony.

I'm extremely confident we can win at least 3 of the next 4. And we have a very decent shot at winning the AFC too. I don't think the Ravens or the Fins are that much better than us. 

Copy. My sarcasm meter is off with all the doom and gloom lol.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Patriots actually. Belicheck gonna take advantage of Mahomes’ stupid interceptions. I’m sure Mahomes will just cry about the refs when we lose that one too. Hes getting good at it after the last post game!

15 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Patriots actually. Belicheck gonna take advantage of Mahomes’ stupid interceptions. I’m sure Mahomes will just cry about the refs when we lose that one too. Hes getting good at it after the last post game!

What a dud this Mahomes guy is. Maybe we should trade him for Bailey Zappe straight up. Or even Browning but maybe Cinci will want a pick with it too 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I love Joe Thuney. But he has cap hits of 27mil over each of the next two years. That’s insane for a G. His dead cap hit is 22mil next year.

I don't mind our cap situation going into next year.   

Cut MVS.

Could see extenions to both Reid/Thuney.    Along with a Mahomes restruction that is likely going to flip some of his Roster Bonus into a Restruction Bonus for future years.  

Could see us jumping up to 35-45 Mil very easily with just 4 Moves. 

Cap won't be the issue.   It's who do we let go;   Chris Jones or L'Jarius Sneed.

Losing one of those because of Taylor will be the sad part.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TedLavie said:

What a dud this Mahomes guy is. Maybe we should trade him for Bailey Zappe straight up. Or even Browning but maybe Cinci will want a pick with it too 

defend his antics if you want. Trying to fight a ref because you didn’t get a warning on an easy penalty to call is about as low as it gets. 

hes not some Texan god who is above reproach. Just because Bailey Zappe sucks, he’s rightfully held to a much higher standard than El Zapperino. By me and the world at large, and his crying makes the fans, the organization and himself look terrible and open to ridicule 

2 hours ago, Chiefer said:

This legitimately made me laugh.  You should probably take a few day break, if you actually meant this.  You don’t deserve this period of Chief football 

Edited by RedGold
  • Like 1