GDT: Titans (4-8) at Dolphins (9-3) - Monday Night Miracle?

twotonebluenation

Just now, twotonebluenation said:

If we were within 10 in this game at half that would be a win.

personally i think it's pretty cool when coaches try to win games, not make them close. i give all the credit to vrabel for summoning a defensive performance that limited miami to 0 offensive points, but i also give him a lot of blame for how pathetically conservative the offense has been. the decision not to run a 2 minute drill was a poor one, end of story.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Hopkins is worth keeping. 

you absolutely have to keep him. we've got more than enough space, no reason not to. if he keeps pace he's going to be the first 1100+ yard receiver for us since 2004, as pathetic as that is lol

• Like 1

Just now, -Hope- said:

personally i think it's pretty cool when coaches try to win games, not make them close. i give all the credit to vrabel for summoning a defensive performance that limited miami to 0 offensive points, but i also give him a lot of blame for how pathetically conservative the offense has been. the decision not to run a 2 minute drill was a poor one, end of story.

Ignoring the drive only failed because of a holding call is the problem here. Running clock so the Dolphins didn't have a chance after a scoring drive of our own makes enough sense. We gained 9 yards on those first two plays if not for the hold. We had all 3 timeouts and over a minute to work with.

Work the clock, move the ball, win/win.

Turtling after the penalty is where I see some issue, but at the same time with our offensive line I'm not sure I much blame wasting Miami timeouts instead, especially given how well the defense has played.

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

He has his issues i get it and have stated that. But this idea that some people paint him out to be a literal idiot and terrible is fascinating to me.

Just now, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Is this true life? Even that year Tanny was tearing it up? Good god. 

AJ Brown was the leading receiver with 1,075 in 2020. Davis had another 984. So 2020 should prolly be considered a year it happened, but still sad that almost every other year, haven't come very close. AJ Brown at 1051 his rookie year too.

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

Ignoring the drive only failed because of a holding call is the problem here. Running clock so the Dolphins didn't have a chance after a scoring drive of our own makes enough sense. We gained 9 yards on those first two plays if not for the hold. We had all 3 timeouts and over a minute to work with.

Turtling after the penalty is where I see some issue, but at the same time with our offensive line I'm not sure I much blame wasting Miami timeouts instead, especially given how well the defense has played.

I'm really not ignoring this. that series went 1st down run. 2nd down run (penalty) 2nd down run. 3rd down run. Punt.

2nd down should have been play action in my opinion. even without the penalty it was still a very conservative series. 

I agree with the actions and play call after the penalty. Its the conservative 1st and 2nd down runs that I'm not a fan of. 

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

managing clock for a 2 minute drill is fine and expected. two straight handoffs up the gut is not, because it's the most predictable way to do it imaginable. we literally did this exact thing against carolina and it was just as silly and unsuccessful then as it was this time. you have an opportunity to actually get in the end zone instead of scrambling for a field goal!