Don't You Dare MOCK Us!

vike daddy

Just now, PrplChilPill said:

top 10 isn't top 3.....in a draft with 3-4 supposedly elite QBs....

Again, my opinion, if they draft a QB at 3 they'll have an uphill climb to be successful based on their current personnel. I suppose they're in a unique situation in that they have $156M to spend next year. They better have a damn good plan to support the rookie QB, something they didn't have with Mac Jones.

6 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

other than... if the Cardinals are thinking of trading out of #4 if NE takes Harrison at 3, then us being at 5 doesn't get it done.

and if AZ is facilitating another team getting a top end QB (supposedly) then they'd rather see that team be in the AFC, like Denver or Las Vegas.

Hence why I said dream scenario. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

No way. They might not be in position to take a QB this high again any time soon. You need a QB in this league. Take a QB. Unless they believe in Nix or Penix (and trust they'll be there in round 2)

The Patriots will definitely be in that position again.  Have you seen their roster?  🤣

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

The Patriots should just trade back to the team that will have the #1 pick next year like the Bears did

But what if the Patriots are that team that is going to have the #1 pick next year?  😉

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BWG VIKE said:

New England missing out on Ridley hopefully increases the likelihood of Harrison Jr at 3.

I don't know what to make of Ridley getting $23M a year.  He gets over 1K yds a season when he's not gambling it away, but I've never been impressed by him. 

6 hours ago, swede700 said:

The Patriots will definitely be in that position again.  Have you seen their roster?  🤣

They absolutely should be, but the reality is that outside of the Lions, Browns, and Texans of years past, most NFL franchises that begin a rebuild are competitive in 2-3 years, and sometimes sooner. Brissett is an immediate upgrade at QB with a low ceiling, and that should result in 1-2 extra wins at a minimum. A change of philosophy along with smart foundational drafting and free agent signings should help. I would still put money on them having a top 10 pick next year, though.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

1) CHI - Williams, QB
2) WASH - Daniels, QB

3) MINN - Drake Maye, QB
The Vikings trade 11, 129, 2025 first and 2025 second to the New England Patriots for picks 3 and 193

4) AZ - Harrison Jr, WR
5) LAC - Odunze, WR
6) NYG - Nabers, WR
7) TENN - Alt, OT
8 ) ATL - Chop Robinson, EDGE
9) CHI - Terrion Arnold, CB
10) NYJ - Fashanu, OT
11) NE - Fautanu, OT
12) DEN - McCarthy, QB

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/lists/2024-nfl-mock-draft-post-legal-tampering-vikings-trade-qb-drake-maye-caleb-williams-jayden-daniels/?utm_campaign=trueAnthem_manual&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR1NbrDsMdpQ5lURhdzTj6bCfwnIjjyZc9dHPB9OeK5Z5hsgCphvkIraEjA

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 1

On 3/9/2024 at 12:45 PM, vikesfan89 said:

Trading up to take the 4th QB at 5 would be scary but I'm here for it

I’m here for whatever the Vikings do at the Qb position. McCarthy at 5 or a trade up to 3 for Maye or a trade back into the 1st for Penix. I’m putting my trust in KAM and KOC. Mostly KOC, but I’m in. I believe they are doing their due diligence to find a QBOTF that KOC can mold. Their decision will be forever linked to their length of tenure as coach and GM.

• Like 4

1. Chicago Bears (via CAR): Caleb Williams, QB, USC
2. Washington Commanders: Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU

3. Minnesota Vikings (via NE): Drake Maye, QB, North Carolina

Minnesota Vikings Receive
No. 3 Pick

New England Patriots Receive
No. 11 Pick
No. 130 Pick (Via DET)
2025 First-Round Pick, Third Round Pick
2026 Second-Round Pick

In my humble opinion, it would be ludicrous for the New England Patriots to forego taking a quarterback at No. 3 in this draft class specifically. Moreover, there are some reports that say the Pats are enamored with Jayden Daniels, who could very well be there for them with the third overall pick. However, I’m not convinced they do take a QB and, with Daniels off the board, that allows us to create some chaos with a trade. 

Few teams should be more motivated to make an aggressive trade up into the Top 5 than the Minnesota Vikings. This projected trade might actually be light – even with two first-round picks, and two future Day 2 picks going to New England – but Kwesi Adofo-Mensah still might be willing to do even that. 

So they luck into Drake Maye after trading up with the Patriots. The UNC signal-caller has the prototype build for a QB in addition to plus mobility. When surrounded with better weapons than he was with the Tar Heels and with Kevin O’Connell coaching him up, Maye should develop into a high-end passer at the next level based on his traits, and this is the best possible pairing between team and player. 

4. Arizona Cardinals: Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio State
5. Los Angeles Chargers: Malik Nabers, WR, LSU
6. New York Giants: J.J. McCarthy, QB, Michigan
7. Tennessee Titans: Joe Alt, OT, Notre Dame
8. Atlanta Falcons: Dallas Turner, EDGE, Alabama
9. Chicago Bears: Rome Odunze, WR, Washington
10. New York Jets: Olu Fashanu, OT, Penn State
11. New England Patriots (via MIN): Taliese Fuaga, OT, Oregon State
12. Denver Broncos: Quinyon Mitchell, CB, Toledo

https://fansided.com/posts/2024-nfl-mock-draft-post-combine-full-3-round-projection-trades-01hr3k53gg5y

1. Chicago Bears: USC QB Caleb Williams
2. Washington Commanders: LSU QB Jayden Daniels

3. Minnesota Vikings: North Carolina QB Drake Maye
The Vikings trade 11, 129, 2025 first and 2025 second to the New England Patriots for picks 3 and 193

4. Arizona Cardinals: Ohio State WR Marvin Harrison Jr.
5. Los Angeles Chargers: Washington WR Rome Odunze
6. New York Giants: LSU WR Malik Nabers
7. Tennessee Titans: Notre Dame OT Joe Alt
8. Atlanta Falcons: Penn State EDGE Chop Robinson
9. Chicago Bears: Alabama CB Terrion Arnold
10. New York Jets: Penn State OT Olu Fashanu
11. New England Patriots: Washington OT Troy Fautanu
12. Denver Broncos: Michigan QB J.J. McCarthy

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/lists/2024-nfl-mock-draft-post-legal-tampering-vikings-trade-qb-drake-maye-caleb-williams-jayden-daniels/?utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0KkTlUM1T5wLvpUQSh0TiuJPariNuAOEGUZGQMgaZu2W3_6I-LI7dS5Y8

4 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

1. Chicago Bears: USC QB Caleb Williams
2. Washington Commanders: LSU QB Jayden Daniels

3. Minnesota Vikings: North Carolina QB Drake Maye

4. Arizona Cardinals: Ohio State WR Marvin Harrison Jr.
5. Los Angeles Chargers: Washington WR Rome Odunze
6. New York Giants: LSU WR Malik Nabers
7. Tennessee Titans: Notre Dame OT Joe Alt
8. Atlanta Falcons: Penn State EDGE Chop Robinson
9. Chicago Bears: Alabama CB Terrion Arnold
10. New York Jets: Penn State OT Olu Fashanu
11. New England Patriots: Washington OT Troy Fautanu
12. Denver Broncos: Michigan QB J.J. McCarthy

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/lists/2024-nfl-mock-draft-post-legal-tampering-vikings-trade-qb-drake-maye-caleb-williams-jayden-daniels/?utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0KkTlUM1T5wLvpUQSh0TiuJPariNuAOEGUZGQMgaZu2W3_6I-LI7dS5Y8

So that would be pretty close to the same value as 11 and 23?