Don't You Dare MOCK Us!

vike daddy

Full first round, Pats and Cardinals aren’t willing to deal, and Vikes take McCarthy after a trade up to 5.

I’m beginning to feel like this is most likely. Pats wont move because they want a QB, Cards won’t move because they want a blue chip in Harrison, and we make sure we move to 5 to beat out the Giants.

• Like 3

3. Minnesota Vikings (via mock trade with NE)

Drake Maye, QB, North Carolina

108. Minnesota Vikings: Myles Harden, CB, South Dakota

129. Minnesota Vikings (via DET): Javontae Jean-Baptiste, DE, Notre Dame

157. Minnesota Vikings (via CLE): Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

167. Minnesota Vikings (via KC): Nehemiah Pritchett, CB, Auburn

177. Minnesota Vikings (via CAR/JAX): Jha'Quan Jackson, WR, Tulane

230. Minnesota Vikings (via ATL/CLE/ARI): Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint, WR, Georgia

232. Minnesota Vikings (via DEN/SF/HOU): Cedric Johnson, DE, Ole Miss

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2024/insider/story/_/id/39806887/2024-nfl-mock-draft-matt-miller-seven-rounds-257-picks-predictions

Obviously, there's clearly flaws in this mock, because there's little chance they're taking 2 CBs, 2 WRs, and 2 DEs.  I could see them taking either multiple CBs or DEs, but I just don't see how they'd take multiple WRs and not address OL depth at all. 

• Like 3

1) Chicago Bears (via Carolina Panthers): QB Caleb Williams, USC
2) Washington Commanders: QB Jayden Daniels, LSU

3) Atlanta Falcons (via projected trade with the New England Patriots): QB Drake Maye, North Carolina
Atlanta stops dragging its feet and pays up for a quarterback here, giving up the eighth pick, a 2025 first round pick and third round selections this year and next for No. 3 and New England’s fifth round pick. That’s a hefty price, but the Patriots have no impetus to move without a godfather offer; they could use Maye’s services as well.

4) Arizona Cardinals: WR Marvin Harrison Jr., Ohio State

5) Chicago Bears (via projected trade with the Los Angeles Chargers): WR Malik Nabers, LSU
While Nabers would be a wonderful fit in Los Angeles, the Chargers’ myriad needs and limited cap space instead divine a trade back. The Bears late season surge left them just good enough to require a trade up to ensure a top three wideout. Thus, they ship the ninth and 75th overall picks, plus 2025 second and fourth round picks, to the Chargers for the fifth selection and a sixth rounder to grab him.

6) New York Giants: OT Joe Alt, Notre Dame
7) Tennessee Titans: WR Rome Odunze, Washington

8 ) New England Patriots (via projected trade with the Atlanta Falcons): OT Olumuyiwa Fashanu, Penn State
9) Los Angeles Chargers (via projected trade with the Chicago Bears): CB Quinyon Mitchell, Toledo

10) New York Jets: OT Taliese Fuaga, Oregon State
11) Minnesota Vikings: QB J.J. McCarthy, Michigan
12) Denver Broncos: EDGE Dallas Turner, Alabama

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/2024-nfl-mock-draft-after-combine

this mock showed another team picking at 23, not us....

8 hours ago, vike daddy said:

3) Atlanta Falcons (via projected trade with the New England Patriots): QB Drake Maye, North Carolina
Atlanta stops dragging its feet and pays up for a quarterback here, giving up the eighth pick, a 2025 first round pick and third round selections this year and next for No. 3 and New England’s fifth round pick. That’s a hefty price, but the Patriots have no impetus to move without a godfather offer; they could use Maye’s services as well.

5) Chicago Bears (via projected trade with the Los Angeles Chargers): WR Malik Nabers, LSU
While Nabers would be a wonderful fit in Los Angeles, the Chargers’ myriad needs and limited cap space instead divine a trade back. The Bears late season surge left them just good enough to require a trade up to ensure a top three wideout. Thus, they ship the ninth and 75th overall picks, plus 2025 second and fourth round picks, to the Chargers for the fifth selection and a sixth rounder to grab him.

8 ) New England Patriots (via projected trade with the Atlanta Falcons): OT Olumuyiwa Fashanu, Penn State
9) Los Angeles Chargers (via projected trade with the Chicago Bears): CB Quinyon Mitchell, Toledo

That was before Kirk signed and before the trade happened right?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, vike daddy said:

This seems old...

11. Minnesota Vikings

Michael Penix Jr., QB, Washington

Michael Penix Jr.'s draft stock has varied through this whole draft process, but I think he finds a home with the Vikings. The arm talent is undeniable but there were questions about medicals. I think he helped ease the idea of his injuries with his athletic testing during his pro day performance. He will be a good pick for the Vikings to lead Kevin O'Connell's offenses.

23. Minnesota Vikings (via HOU/CLE)

Johnny Newton, IDL, Illinois

The Vikings got their franchise QB with their first pick so they go to the other side of the ball and draft what some believe to be the best defensive player in the draft. Johnny Newton will fill a positional need and should be an immediate impact payer on the interior defensive line.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2024/03/31/nfl-mock-draft-2024-april

Posted (edited)

tell me how i did here...

i'm in a GM Mock Draft in our forum here and i'm the Vikings GM, which c'mon is the stupidest personnel decision ever made.

the rules of this draft only allow you to trade present 2024 assets, no future picks, and you can't trade players either. 

i just made our first pick, trading with Atlanta at 8. here's how the early 1st round went:

1) CHI - QB Williams
2) WASH - QB Maye
3) NE - WR Harrison
4) AZ - WR Nabers
5) LAC - WR Odunze
6) NYG - OT Alt
7) DENVER trades up with TENN - QB Daniels

8 ) MINN trades with ATL - QB JJ McCarthy

MINN trades:

ATL trades:

the GM for Chicago at 9) was already advertising he was open to trading for a team that wanted McCarthy, so he was going on the next pick after me.

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

tell me how i did here...

i'm in a GM Mock Draft in our forum here and i'm the Vikings GM, which c'mon is the stupidest personnel decision ever made.

the rules of this draft only allow you to trade present 2024 assets, no future picks, and you can't trade players either. (i tried to arrange a trade with AZ for Justin Jefferson to have extra picks including #4 where i'd take Harrison, but they didn't bite..

i just made our first pick, trading with Atlanta at 8. here's how the early 1st round went:

1) CHI - QB Williams
2) WASH - QB Maye
3) NE - WR Harrison
4) AZ - WR Nabers
5) LAC - WR Odunze
6) NYG - OT Alt
7) DENVER trades up with TENN - QB Daniels

8 ) MINN trades with ATL - QB JJ McCarthy

MINN trades:

ATL trades:

the GM for Chicago at 9) was already advertising he was open to trading for a team that wanted McCarthy, so he was going on the next pick after me.

That would be awesome if it fell that way. Good return and get a QB that I think we’d target at #4 if we trade up that high. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

That would be a very solid outcome, and getting some of that draft capital back is huge. I'd think we could easily move up into the 2nd round if we had a target in mind.

yeah, we could get to the bottom of the 2nd, i think.

i'll keep everyone posted about how it goes because i'll want everyone's help and input.