Round 1: Rome Odunze WR Washington

Round 2: Jeremiah Trotter Jr. ILB Clemson

Round 3: Byron Murphy II DE Texas

Round 4a: Jackson Powers-Johnson Center Oregon

Round 4b: Johnny Dixon CB Penn State

Round 6: Zak Zinter Guard Michigan

Round 7: Jack Howell Safety Colorado State

7 hours ago, 3rivers said:

what do you think the record will be for the last 4 games?  

will they pull mitch if he doesn't get better or only if he gets injured?

Steelers will go 2 and 2, preserving the ultimately most useless coaching streak/stat there is in the NFL. The only comfort now is that even the media and former players are talking about the Steeler coaching problem, with recognition that the problem is deeper than just being on the coordinator level. Chris Hoke just brought up a good point about veteran days off. How impactful is a leader when he isn’t practicing every day? Tomlin’s culture is a soft one…

5 hours ago, DR43 said:

My current mock draft:

Thanks for the mock.  Questions:

1. What are your potential free agent signings?

2. Do the Steeelers sign a veteran WR, RT, Center to go with draft picks?

4 minutes ago, Steeler Hitman said:

Thanks for the mock.  Questions:

1. What are your potential free agent signings?

2. Do the Steeelers sign a veteran WR, RT, Center to go with draft picks?

Going off the mock I would assume they would sign a vet RT/CB and cut AROB.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rlon said:

Steelers will go 2 and 2, preserving the ultimately most useless coaching streak/stat there is in the NFL. The only comfort now is that even the media and former players are talking about the Steeler coaching problem, with recognition that the problem is deeper than just being on the coordinator level.

Objectively, every coach has strengths and weaknesses.  I understand that many are DONE with Coach Tomlin. They are at a point of no repair. Yet there are others like myself who are still weighing that.  The non losing record is not a small feat, but it is not up to snuff with our fan base because "our standard of the standard is much higher (Super Bowl win). There is something about today's athlete and the money $$$ that is earned. It has been discussed and theorized if that doesn't affect the "passion and desire."   You lose a game, it is just a game.  You come home  to a million dollar home, friends and family, and you celebrate anyway.  I am not saying it should be doom, gloom, and punishment after every loss.  However, some people give a dang more than others.

Chris Hoke just brought up a good point about veteran days off. How impactful is a leader when he isn’t practicing every day? Tomlin’s culture is a soft one…

I love Hoke, but I don't agree with some of his takes. I think you can use data and intelligence to preserve your players.  Example: one area that Coach Tomlin has changed is in the RB position. He was always a strong proponent of the "Bell Cow Back." Now he sees that you can be even more effective with two solid backs.  Maybe we keep Lev Bell for another year or two with this thinking?

Letting players get rest is optimal in preserving your players for game day and not just practice. Big Ben is an example of this. IF the team protected him better when he was younger and employed that thinking earlier, perhaps his arm and legs are at a better point along with his football IQ and maturity at that stage (2018-2021).

NFL could go a long way in improving the game by eliminating the game day roster and letting all 53 players  dress. If they really care about player safety, you shouldn't have to guess or gamble which player or position you may potentially need depth.

While I am on a rant about the NFL. It is also more than time to get full time paid refs. The integrity of the game and calls would be much better overall.

5 hours ago, DR43 said:

My current mock draft:

do we get an OT in UFA and if so who?

with a good OT class, why no OT?

I would rather sign Higgins for WR after we trade dionte and use that salary for Higgins. 

6 hours ago, rlon said:

Chris Hoke just brought up a good point about veteran days off. How impactful is a leader when he isn’t practicing every day? Tomlin’s culture is a soft one…

this is a good observation by Hoke.  I never cared for this, unless the player is a bit injured and quite old and hits the weight room instead of course.

tomlin  is Mr.529 and his vets have it easy, WR's whine, they underestimate their opponents and believe their own BS , real pros can't tolerate this (Minkah) ,  that describes this culture.  

maybe when they are getting a defeat by 3+ TD's next time, they can get some popcorn and pop for the players that are chatting and laughing on the sidelines. Maybe ask Minkah to see if they want ice for  their pop  , or better yet , a straw

I preferred when ben was laughing with the kicker before half in the jags playoff game, that much have been the example to lead by.   When ben was going on about the current culture, they should have had a picture in a picture clip showing him laughing on the sidelines with the kicker just before half all while being completely useless in that first half of the playoff game.  He's showing his character now, for those that didn't already know

Edited by 3rivers

4 hours ago, jebrick said:

0-4

someone thinks less of this team than me :o

I still think TJ , Alex and Boswell could be the difference in close games, just not sure if it's 1 or 2 or even 3 if they get really going. This would also mean GP is let go and can go down the field occasionally and Muth gets the seam passes. 

with the offence we have seen the last weeks with mitch and if mitch starts from  here till the end, then yes 0-4 and they hopefully throw snowballs at tomlin and mitch in the home game if there is snow